• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we need Fastpasses on a slow day in February?

We were in MK on a day that was predicted to be a 4, and ended up being a 1. Everything still had waits. 7DMT was always over an hour. We got into line for JC shortly after RD with a posted time of 15 minutes, and actually waited 35. Even if you actually get that predicted 1 crowd level (not likely for the reasons PP have stated) it doesn't mean the park isn't busy or that you'll see a bunch of walk-ons. A 1 means you can navigate the paths without a panic attack from the crowds and can pick up additional FP fairly easily after you use your first 3.

Since they're free, I see no reason NOT to get them. You can book them in 5 minutes, and then use them or modify them or cancel them, but at least you'll have the choice when you get to the park and see what the lines are really like.

We were in MK on a day that was predicted to be a 4, and ended up being a 1. Everything still had waits. 7DMT was always over an hour. We got into line for JC shortly after RD with a posted time of 15 minutes, and actually waited 35. Even if you actually get that predicted 1 crowd level (not likely for the reasons PP have stated) it doesn't mean the park isn't busy or that you'll see a bunch of walk-ons. A 1 means you can navigate the paths without a panic attack from the crowds and can pick up additional FP fairly easily after you use your first 3.

"Crowd calendars" have nothing at all to do with actual crowds in the parks. They're guesses about wait times at rides, which may or may not have any relevance to how many people are physically in the park. Hence one of the reasons I would argue that crowd calendars are totally useless. I also think their names are very misleading, which is a shame.

Why wouldn't you use FastPasses? They are free, and if you can't be there because plans change - just cancel (or let them expire). I'm fairly certain threads like this are attempts at trolling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter