Will We Manage to See and Do It All?!?! - Sept. 25/Oct. 1st. - First PTR

I'm sorry you are not happy about moving down to a moderate. The DDP offer released to the GP said five nights on everything I read. POR gets great reviews, so hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. :goodvibes:

Did you get the ADRs you listed above? I sure hope so!!

I'm actually feeling really good about the Moderate decision. It was the right one and I'm super psyched to be staying in an awesome hotel.

We got almost all the ADRs we wanted. Our T-Rex one is really early so we'll see about that but that's the only one. SO YEAH!!! Plus I've already changed our BBB and Pirates League ressies to the am. They were in the pm. Things are going well in the ADR dept.

I think you made a great decision! We absolutely LOVE Port Orleans! And the extra day will be great. We too are going to spend a day at Harry Potter. The kids don't know it yet;) Did you make your ADR's yet? I just made some on Friday for a client (I have 3 now!:woohoo:) and I was a little surprised at the difficulty of getting some at normal times. It wasn't like we were going for Le Cellier or anything, either. One good thing- the crowd calendar predictions have gone WAY down!

Clients... that's awesome. I really do need to just sit and read your whole PTR from start to finish again. Feel like I'm missing out on so much. Seems like my e-mail doesn't notify me of updates if I don't visit the DIS that day. :sad2: I know how I'm spending my Memorial Day.

We got pretty good times except for T-Rex I was even so busy that I missed our 180 day :scared1:

So psyched that our crowd numbers went down. That's so awesome. 1's :woohoo:

Hey there, glad to see you back on the Dis!

About your check out of Pop/into POR day - why don't you go ahead and check out early, and have luggage services transfer your bags over to POR for you? Then you can still make it to Epcot by rope drop. And when you feel like taking a break for the day, head over to POR and check in. Easy Peasy!

Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. We actually got pretty good weather here in St.Louis for once! Just got back from the pool and we are heading to a bbq later. Looks like the rain is staying away :thumbsup2

Hey there, glad to see you back on the Dis!

About your check out of Pop/into POR day - why don't you go ahead and check out early, and have luggage services transfer your bags over to POR for you? Then you can still make it to Epcot by rope drop. And when you feel like taking a break for the day, head over to POR and check in. Easy Peasy!

Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. We actually got pretty good weather here in St.Louis for once! Just got back from the pool and we are heading to a bbq later. Looks like the rain is staying away :thumbsup2

Hi Rebecca - Love that!!! I didn't know that we could have our luggage sent over without us. :idea: Disney is awesome. You're right Easy Peasy. :woohoo:

I'm so jealous that you became a TA for Disney. Always been a dream of mine. You will rock at that job though with all your organization skills. The farthest I go.... an Excel spreadsheet with everything broken down including prices :laughing:

The STL weather is great this weekend, we did festivities yesterday. Have a great day.

I'm actually feeling really good about the Moderate decision. It was the right one and I'm super psyched to be staying in an awesome hotel.

We got almost all the ADRs we wanted. Our T-Rex one is really early so we'll see about that but that's the only one. SO YEAH!!! Plus I've already changed our BBB and Pirates League ressies to the am. They were in the pm. Things are going well in the ADR dept.

I am glad you are happy with the way your trip planning is unfolding!! :thumbsup2

We have one flight. Just one. I really don't feel like walking home from WDW :lmao: or renting a car and driving for that matter.

When I booked our flight down it was the perfect price. I only paid $381 for all 4 of us. Unbelievable!!!! But now I am getting antsy and I really wish we had our flight home already. AirTran prices aren't that bad at $97 but since I got our flight down for so cheap I really want to wait. Plus I prefer to fly home Southwest because the flight times are better. Southwest right now is at $142. Yikes.

I guess I'm being a little spoiled with the $381 price and should have booked when AirTran was low. I know I have plenty of time but I'm not a open ended kind of person. I like things all done and tied up in a pretty bow. :rotfl2:

Patience is not a virtue I possess. :sad2: Just venting.

OMG OMG OMG I just realized that my countdown says 3 months.... NOT 4 months. I know it's still a long way but sigh so happy. :goodvibes

17 weeks. This Thursday we are going to start our weekly Disney movie countdown. So excited for that too. We are starting with Lilo and Stitch. Pics to come (probably). My track record isn't that great. :lmao:

Here's a pic of our trip in 2008

DSCN0749.jpg

Do you have Southwest's "Ding" app installed on your computer? If not - do it! I usually find good Ding fares about 2 to 3 months out from the trip. So, anytime now!

Big changes around here while I was gone.----Hope you are feeling better about them. We've stayed at POR a few times, and it is a pretty resort. :) My big kids enjoyed the pool. Do your research, and put in a building request, because POR is very large, and you could be doing a lot of walking.

Do you have Southwest's "Ding" app installed on your computer? If not - do it! I usually find good Ding fares about 2 to 3 months out from the trip. So, anytime now!

I do and I check AirTran everyday. Southwest was down to $97 today so we're getting there. Just being REALLY cheap. :lmao: If I could afford it, I would just hire you. Definitely next time we are headed to WDW.

Big changes around here while I was gone.----Hope you are feeling better about them. We've stayed at POR a few times, and it is a pretty resort. :) My big kids enjoyed the pool. Do your research, and put in a building request, because POR is very large, and you could be doing a lot of walking.

I will do that. I need to get on that actually. :thumbsup2 Time is ticking away. Quicker than I thought it would.

17 weeks and so we started our Disney movie countdown. One a week until we leave. :cool1:

We chose Lilo & Stitch first since it's one of our favorites. The kids used to love to watch the cartoon, not so much anymore but they are pretty special none the less. :goodvibes

First my hubby and I made dinner. We made chicken kebabs with an asian sauce (hoisin, honey and soy sauce - or something like that), stir fry rice and a side of broccoli/cauliflower. For dessert I was going to make either a chocolate lava cake or pineapple upside down cake but my friend had her baby the same day so I was at the hospital. Instead I stopped and bought some lemon meringue pie slices and french silk pie slices on the way home.

We decorated the table with leis, a palm tree centerpiece, the movie, the Lilo & Stitch figurines from the Disney store and two tiki plastic glasses from the dollar store. It was very festive. Even the dog got in on festivities.

Our table
DSCN4722.jpg

The kids
DSCN4731.jpg

DSCN4732.jpg

oh and the dog...
DSCN4734.jpg

a closeup of our favorite movie characters
DSCN4737.jpg

After dinner we made hula skirts. It was so easy. I took some ribbon and cut it to fit around the kids waist. Then we took green tissue paper cut into strips and taped them to the ribbon. They were so cute and the kids had so much fun.

The kids in their skirts. I helped Jack make his but Lillie did hers all on her own.
DSCN4749.jpg

We watched the movie and ate our desserts, my hubby fell asleep. It was so much fun. We can't wait for next week's movie countdown. We think it's going to be The Lion King.

Sidenote - today I tried to book Ohana for dinner on our trip. We really want to try the yummy dinner but nothing was available the whole trip. :sad2: So I will keep trying. Maybe someone will cancel. :confused3

Movie night sounds like fun! I love "Lilo and Stitch", and I love that your dog even got in on the festivities! :laughing:

Don't worry about the size of your pics. I didn't think they were too big. Personally, I like them big---I can see them better! :thumbsup2

So... since there is free dining being offered while we are there... we were thinking of upgrading our dining plan. There are so many TS restaurants that we want to try. But here is my dilemma...
#1 can we even upgrade? Will it be free? Does my package stay the same price?
#2 will we spend too much time eating? We want to try to add Ohana (which is sold out but I'll keep trying), HDDR (which would be 2 TS and that's fine) I would like to try another TS in Epcot

I would really appreciate any tips, experiences or advice any of you have. Thanks. :goodvibes

Still haven't decided on the dining plan. I could call but I think they call them too much :lmao: Thought I would share my scrapbooks I made of our 2008 trip.

I made two of them. The first one is all the characters my kiddos met. I took their autograph books and scanned in the autographs then printed them out smaller and added a picture of them with that character. I think it turned out really cute. I did separate them into sections with tabs. There are Princess, Pixar and Mickey and Friends sections.

Here's the cover (bought at Target)
DSCN4769.jpg

First page
DSCN4770.jpg

and so on...
DSCN4771.jpg

First page of Princess section
DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4773.jpg

DSCN4774.jpg

DSCN4775.jpg

DSCN4776.jpg

DSCN4778.jpg

DSCN4779.jpg

okay well Mushu isn't a princess but I'm not sure where else I would categorize him :rotfl:

DSCN4780.jpg

DSCN4781.jpg

Tinkerbell isn't a princess either but this year's scrapbook I hope to add a fairies section. Hopefully I'll fulfill Ms. Lillie's dreams of meeting them.
DSCN4782.jpg

Next Post...
Pixar Friends

I do and I check AirTran everyday. Southwest was down to $97 today so we're getting there. Just being REALLY cheap. :lmao: If I could afford it, I would just hire you. Definitely next time we are headed to WDW.

I know what you mean - what happened to the days of $69 each way, right?

First my hubby and I made dinner. We made chicken kebabs with an asian sauce (hoisin, honey and soy sauce - or something like that), stir fry rice and a side of broccoli/cauliflower. For dessert I was going to make either a chocolate lava cake or pineapple upside down cake but my friend had her baby the same day so I was at the hospital. Instead I stopped and bought some lemon meringue pie slices and french silk pie slices on the way home.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard!:worship:

Sidenote - today I tried to book Ohana for dinner on our trip. We really want to try the yummy dinner but nothing was available the whole trip. :sad2: So I will keep trying. Maybe someone will cancel. :confused3

Definitely don't give up - people do cancel!

Holy big pictures!!! :scared1: Sorry guys will make smaller next time. :thumbsup2

I think they're fine, I like them big too - as long as you don't have to scroll the page over to read everything, then they're not too big.:thumbsup2

So... since there is free dining being offered while we are there... we were thinking of upgrading our dining plan. There are so many TS restaurants that we want to try. But here is my dilemma...
#1 can we even upgrade? Will it be free? Does my package stay the same price?

Yes, you can, you just pay the difference.

#2 will we spend too much time eating? We want to try to add Ohana (which is sold out but I'll keep trying), HDDR (which would be 2 TS and that's fine) I would like to try another TS in Epcot[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends - you can definitely use up some credits on 2TS places. And really - can you spend TOO much time eating?;)

You saw the Princess section of my scrapbook now onto the Pixar section.

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4784.jpg

DSCN4785.jpg

DSCN4786.jpg

DSCN4787.jpg

DSCN4788.jpg

DSCN4789.jpg

DSCN4790.jpg

We really hope to meet Lightning McQueen this year, or Cha chow as my son calls him. :)

Having a lazy Saturday. Was thinking of going to church tonight instead of tomorrow since I have to work but not feeling very motivated. One Sunday missed shouldn't hurt. ;)

Nothing really on the planning front today. Not feeling it, super tired. Stayed up late last night watching Leap Year. Cute movie.

Just looking forward to updating my blog and hanging out on Dis today while hubby watches soccer. Have a great day everyone. :thumbsup2

Up next.... mickey and friends part of scrapbook

The last section of my kiddos scrapbook is of course Mickey and Friends.

DSCN4791.jpg

DSCN4792.jpg

DSCN4793.jpg

DSCN4794.jpg

DSCN4795.jpg

DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

DSCN4800.jpg

DSCN4801.jpg

DSCN4802.jpg

and finally the wrap up. Just a list of characters each of us wishes we had found while on our trip.

DSCN4803.jpg

DSCN4804.jpg

Um, can you just do my scrapbooks for me? Those are seriously good! I thought I'd given it up in favor of digital, but yours make me want to get back into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter