Will we be able to swim in SD in April??

Mom 2 Two

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Marriott Hotel and Marina in downtown San Diego April 12-17:cool1: . I have read about the awesome pool at this hotel. Is it heated? And if it is, will we freeze sitting out by the pool during the day? I know it will be too cold to go in the ocean, but what about the pool? I looked at weather dot com and got the average highs for April (69 the average high) so I am doubtful. Anyone who has visited during this time or lives in SD, I would really appreciate the advice. TIA!

We stayed at this hotel in April about 5 years ago. It is an AWSOME hotel with a great pool! The pool I believe was heated...my kids did swim, but it was VERY CHILLY sitting around the pool when we were there.Also we were on the move all day at San Diego Zoo, Seaworld and Legoland...and only attempted pool time late in the afternoon, which definitely affected that I would think. I think April is an iffy month in southern calif...it can really go either way. We were there 2 years ago in April and it was super hot in the LA area the first half of the week, and then very chilly the second half of the week and we actually changed plans and headed out to Palm Springs for some sun. Keep your fingers crossed for good pool weather..its a beautiful place :-)

I've been watching the short-term climate maps (.5 - 3 months out) and it looks as if everywhere in the US temps will pretty much be above average - except Southern California, which is predicted to be below average. Sigh.

My kids have been surfing regularly all winter up on the Santa Barbara coast (without wetsuits), but we're from Maine, so as long as there aren't icebergs floating nearby, they're happy. And most hotels pools are heated, so they go in those as well, even when the temps are in the 50s.

I just posted a question about good pools - I'll have to check out the one at your hotel :) .

I let my kids go swimming in an outdoor pool that was heated in San Francisco when it was 50 degrees out around Thanksgiving. You just have to have a lot of towels for when they get out.

I think that people even swim outdoors at ski resorts in the winter in heated pools so I always think kids can swim (they just won't last as long).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter