Will this be enough time

Twinprincesses

DIS Veteran
Let me start by saying we have been to WDW before and DL a few times. We are on limited vacation time on this trip because we have family to visit (I know BOO) so do you think a 1 day hopper pass and 1 Halloween party would be enough in October?

Also when does DL Halloween tickets go on sale?

And be at the park gates before rope drop. You won’t come close to seeing it all but you can hit the highlights in one intense day with MaxPass.

I've done it, but typically, we have APs when we do that, so it's not a hardship if we miss anything. You can hit the highlights. Just don't expect to get to everything, especially the attractions that typically have longer wait times.

What do you mean by enough? Enough time to get all the big rides done, using MaxPass? Are you also talking about Entertainment or are you relying on the Party for that? If you are attending the party you can show up at 4PM for park entry correct, so this might add some time to your trip.

I agree with the above - no, it's not enough time, especially when October is considered a busier time of the year, but also agree that some DLR is better than none so plan, plan and plan some more I guess.

If you get to the party right at 4, the party gives you as much time as a full day would. We did it last year and stayed from 4 - midnight; the walkways felt crowded, as did the trick-or-treat stations and character greetings, but the ride lines were very reasonable and sometimes even short. I think you can get a full day's fun in at the party. On your hopper day, be sure to prioritize shows and/or parades that weren't happening during the party. I also agree with getting MaxPass for your hopper day and get there at rope drop. And wear good walking shoes -- you'll be busy!!

It depends on when you are going. Last year my friends and I went the last week of September during the week- the park hours were 10am - 9pm. It was VERY crowded and with Maxpass we were barely able to get fastpasses for all the rides in Disneyland (and Buzz was down) let alone park hop to DCA. If your going the last 2 weeks of September then I don't think 1 day plus Halloween party will be enough. If you go in October when park hours are longer it might be doable if you just want to get on the fastpass rides.

Edited- if they do the Halloween party like they did last time. DCA was crazy crowded at 4pm before the party. If you do decide to do 1 day plus Halloween party - I'd focus on DCA for the 1 day then visit Disneyland during the Halloween party.

Let me start by saying we have been to WDW before and DL a few times. We are on limited vacation time on this trip because we have family to visit (I know BOO) so do you think a 1 day hopper pass and 1 Halloween party would be enough in October?

Also when does DL Halloween tickets go on sale?
It's better than nothing.... When are you traveling in October?

The park hours are likely to be on the short side. Open later and close earlier. For one/two days it is too bad. When we're there a week I kind of like shorter hours. I get to bed at a decent time and get to sleep in a little.

October is known to be a busy time. If you get to choose when you go I'd review what's happening in the parks.
2018-04-04 001.JPG
I'd choose the days leading up to GayDays. We have gone at this time and the parks aren't too bad crowd wise.
AVOID Columbus Day by a couple of days. We have gone then and it's a madhouse. Not sure how it will be for 2018 since GayDays and Columbus Days are together.

As others have mentioned have a plan for your days in the park and you'll be fine.
You already know you won't see and do everything.
With a plan and MaxPass you'll be surprised how much you'll accomplish in those two days.

Glad you're doing a hopper.

Enjoy

Geemo

... if they do the Halloween party like they did last time. DCA was crazy crowded at 4pm before the party. If you do decide to do 1 day plus Halloween party - I'd focus on DCA for the 1 day then visit Disneyland during the Halloween party.

Just be aware that there has been no official announcement yet where the party will be this year. If MHP will stay in DL, then the above advice applies; but if the rumor is true and MHP moves to DCA, then who knows what other changes will happen, too.

Last edited:
We will be there on Oct 20-24. So we were thinking about doing that Monday or Tuesday. We are staying at the Grand Californian. It is a 3 hour time difference for us so we have no problem getting to the park right when it opens.

You can see lots of things and ride some great attractions but just make sure everybody understands you can't do it all. If you try to you will likely end up disappointed. The parks will be very crowded so have a plan and make your dining reservations before you go. Usually at Disneyland you don't need them but during Halloween it would be wise to make them early due to the Halloween time crowds. And ride Indiana Jones early in your day because it tends to break down a lot usually starting late in the morning. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter