Will they temporarily suspend parking fees??

Matthew Shannon

Earning My Ears
I am curious to know this. I would rent a car from MCO if fees were lifted. Would just use that for my travel for the trip instead of DWT.

Seems like an honest question from op. I know Vegas is reversing a lot of their parking fees, and there are so many unknowns about the DW reopening.
Hope it works out well for you Matthew Shannon! :goodvibes

Last edited:

It’s a good question. We would definitely rent if it weren’t for the high overnight parking fees. Something to cross our fingers and watch for I guess

I was actually wondering this. Due to lower capacity on Disney transport, I didn't know if they'd waive the parking fee for resort guests who'd usually use the buses, monorails, boats and skyliner and basically "honour" them by taking their own transport.

That is one of the perks for being a DVC member, no parking fees when staying at the resort so then all you have to do is show your parking pass at the gate to what park you want to attend along with your magic band and in you go...

Just got my revised package details. It stated ...

SELF PARKING AT DISNEY DELUXE, DELUXE VILLA, MODERATE AND VALUE RESORTS For reservations made March 21, 2018 or later, a per night parking fee will be charged to your hotel folio if you self-park overnight at a Disney Deluxe, Deluxe Villa, Moderate or Value Resort hotel. Valet parking is also available for a fee at select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa hotels. Learn more about parking at Walt Disney World Resort: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/.

I hate those fees, but why would they suspend them? I cannot think of a reason. It looks like people are still planning on going no matter what.

I hate those fees, but why would they suspend them? I cannot think of a reason. It looks like people are still planning on going no matter what.
Personally, I thought that due to Disney transport having less people so potentially* longer lines (depends on how many people actually go to Disney while these limitations are in place) then may prefer if you get.to the parks yourself and not use Disney transport as much to hopefully keep the numbers down.
I realise there is a 99% chance the fees will not be removed but I can't deny it's not something I thought about when they made their announcement.

Personally, I thought that due to Disney transport having less people so potentially* longer lines (depends on how many people actually go to Disney while these limitations are in place) then may prefer if you get.to the parks yourself and not use Disney transport as much to hopefully keep the numbers down.
I realise there is a 99% chance the fees will not be removed but I can't deny it's not something I thought about when they made their announcement.

Why not email them that suggestion? Certainly seems like a great idea to help with bus crowds!

Why not email them that suggestion? Certainly seems like a great idea to help with bus crowds!
I just feel like they're so overwhelmed and busy at the moment that I don't want to add an extra email for them to reply to x
If I got a survey or anything to do with the reopening then I sure would ☺️

I just feel like they're so overwhelmed and busy at the moment that I don't want to add an extra email for them to reply to x
If I got a survey or anything to do with the reopening then I sure would ☺

I email all the time to DVC....just did Disney today if I have a suggestion and recommendation

Your idea may not be one anyone thinks about,,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter