• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will the great movie ride acknowledge the passing of robin Williams?

In the latest Unofficial Guide with Jim Hill podcast Jim said that within the next 5 years this attraction will be gutted and replaced with something else entirely different.

I don't think WDW will do anything as a tribute, but I certainly think guest reactions to that scene will change to react a bit more contemplative, rather than immediate laughter, at least in the upcoming months while this tragedy is still fresh in peoples' minds.

WEDWDW posted on another thread that DHS flags were flown at half-staff today as a tribute to Robin Williams. A fitting tribute for all DHS guests to recognize and acknowledge.

I had forgotten about the AK flags being lowered to half-staff in honor of Nelson Mandela. Perhaps a standard tribute by WDW?

I did ride the great movie ride yesterday, and made sure to clap when we saw him, along with a number of other folks.

Sort of an FYI:

In addition to Robin Williams, we also lost Lauren Bacall this week. Her handprints are featured outside the attraction.

RW was a part of the old Animation Tour (Return to Neverland, remember?), so I think it would be nice if they did SOMETHING. Especially Genie (Aladdin) related. But they won't go too far overboard to depress anyone, since they want you to be happy while on vacation...

Two of my DD's CM friends were at the Aladdin show on Broadway last night. Genie gave a heartfelt tribute at the end of the show and the complete cast of the show along with the audience sang "Friend Like Me." They said it was an amazing tribute to Robin Williams

He will be greatly missed. I grew up watching Robin and he quickly became one of my favorite actors.

He spans so many generations. My kids grew up with him as Genie, Mrs. Doubtfire and in movies like Jumanji and RV.

Rest in Peace Robin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter