Will someone critique MY ADRs???

sprouse0625

Earning My Ears
I have yet to actually book my package (am going to SOON though, still trying to nail down a few things first), but was told I should go ahead and make my ADRs. We're either going October 18th-23rd OR October 31st-November 6th. Many deciding factors, one of them being I'm pregnant due in January.

But here's my ADRs for Oct 18th-23rd:

Monday:
Dinner at Crystal Palace
OR
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Tuesday:
Dinner at Akershus
Wednesday:
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
Thursday:
Lunch at Crystal Palace
Friday:
Dinner at Boma - African
Saturday:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s

Here's what I have for Oct 31st-Nov 6th:
Monday:
Dinner at Akershus
Tuesday:
Lunch at Biergarten
Wednesday:
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
Thursday:
Lunch at Crystal Palace
Friday:
Dinner at Boma
Saturday:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s

I should note that, although I have been to Disney World many times in my life, I've never been to a single Disney restaraunt (except the walk up deals). So, all of them are new to me.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Dinner at Crystal Palace We love CP for all meals but I would do dinner or lunch not both there are so many other places
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare This was ok, ate there a few years back
Dinner at Akershus Haven't ate here in a few years, last time was breakfast, good character interaction, food ok
Dinner at Whispering CanyonAnother we haven't been to for awhile but have it booked this year
Dinner at Boma - AfricanWe did not enjoy this at all, you either love it or you don't is pretty much what I have seen from others, your family might enjoy though
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’sAnother we always used to do not any more, food ok however I imagine you are doing it more for the characters looking at the age of your children
Lunch at Biergarten Love it!
QUOTE]

Here's my "critique" ;)

Crystal Palace - Definitely better for dinner - there are alot of other places that are better for lunch or breakfast.
Boma - LOVE IT!! Best restaurant (buffet) at WDW
Chef Mickey - This is one of the places that is better for breakfast (GREAT for characters)
Whispering Canyon - didn't care for the food - but it's a fun place
Akershus - never tried it
Biergarten - another one we LOVE - but we usually go for dinner because of the Saurbraten.

Forgot one:

1900 Park Fare - better for breakfast - but it's fine for dinner especially if you want to see Cinderella!

Have fun!

Both weeks look like good plans. I agree with MPHARJ that it would be more fun to try another restaurant than to eat at CP twice.

Depending on where you are staying, CP is likely less travel time than 1900 Park Fare. Since the food is similar and the Pooh characters are cooler imho, I would go with CP.

If you wanted to add another character meal, we like Garden Grill in Epcot because it's family style and the characters to tables ratio is high, and the Tusker House breakfast in AK.

Boma is one of our favorites too, definitely worth a trip and a look around
Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I think most everybody will find something delicious there.

Whispering Canyon was fun and I thought the food was fine. Wilderness Lodge is fun to explore and it's just a quick boat ride from the MK.

Anohter family style restaurant that we like is Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Good, simple food served family style just a short walk from all the fun.

Bon apetit!

I would agree that CP is a great place to eat but do the dinner meal and skip lunch. 1900 park. I did last year with my mom and it was really good. It may be worth checking into.

Another fun one to do even with the kids is Sci-Fi theater. The kids might not love what's playing on the drive in screen but the cars they sit in and the atmosphere is pretty cool in there, and they have decent food too. The desserts are really good IMO.

Monday:
Dinner at Crystal Palace
OR
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare I would say as others have...do one or the other at CP, not both, there is so much to experience at WDW that I wouldn't do the same place twice even if it is for different meals. It has been 9 years since we were at 1900 PF and while our experience wasn't the best we have had several friends who have eaten there in the last two years who had a great experience, especially with the characters. That is why we booked dinner there for our Nov. trip...more for the experience than the food so we'll see.
Tuesday:
Dinner at Akershus Again I wouldn't repeat dining experiences...try Le Cellier or Coral Reef instead, both were good experiences for us with good food.
Wednesday:
Dinner at Whispering Canyon I know I'm doing this backwards but I would do one night here not two...maybe you could try another resort...maybe Kona Cafe or Ohana...never been to Ohana but had a WONDERFUL meal there and have booked again for this trip. Also I know that its not as convenient unless you are at DTD but Turf Club at Saratoga I believe is a hidden jewel...it was some of the best food that we ate while we were on our last trip
Thursday:
Lunch at Crystal Palace Lunch at CP was our favorite
Friday:
Dinner at Boma - African Did this backwards because I accidentally commented on week 2 first....my cousin did the college program down there and LOVED Sanaa...
Saturday:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s Breakfast at CM is a tradition for our family...we tried dinner but went back to breakfast

Here's what I have for Oct 31st-Nov 6th:
Monday:
Dinner at Akershus Never been...but have heard good for princesses but so/so on food.
Tuesday:
Lunch at Biergarten haven't been
Wednesday:
Dinner at Whispering Canyonwent last time and didn't have the best experience...food was just ok, lots of other places that i would have enjoyed more...and because of where our party was seated (around the corner in the back right hand side) we felt completely detached from the rest of the place and didn't feel like we were a part of anything that was going on. This was especially disappointing because we were there for my son's 4th bday.
Thursday:
Lunch at Crystal Palace now here is where personal tastes, preference and experience comes into play...we LOVED lunch at CP, had a great meal and a great time with the characters. So much so that we have booked it again for our trip in Nov. We used to do breakfast there each trip but last trip did lunch instead and we were glad that we did. You could use two and hit the palace for lunch....lunch there was really good...had Major Domo's pie and it was one of the top three meals of our last trip and the kids loved eating in the castle...its beautiful and something that i think that everyone should experience at least once! We chose lunch at the castle because breakfast is pre-plated...wasn't keen on that idea...and there are no princesses at dinner....plus we liked the lunch menu the most
Friday:
Dinner at Boma haven't been...personal preference...i don't think that our family's tastes are broad enough to enjoy the different fare that they offer there.
Saturday:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s Have done breakfast there several times...enjoy breakfast there much more so than other meals. CM is a tradition for our family and we hit it at least once every trip and breakfast is what we prefer.

Whatever you end up doing, have an absolutely fabulous time! I hope that you are happy with all of your ressies and will look forward to hearing about your trip!!

Are these reservations that you already have or are planning to make? If you do not have them yet, you may need to tweek tham a bit, especially some of the more popular places as they can fill quickly. (Like Boma and CM).

Of the ones you've mentioned I've only done Crystal Palace for lunch and Boma for dinner. Crystal palace had a good selection of buffet items and the character interaction was very good. We're going there for dinner on our upcoming trip. Boma dinner is my very favorite buffet! Even our 7 year old granddaughter who is a picky eater found plenty there that she liked so I don't quite understand the people who say it is too exotic for their tastes. But I do know that people usually either love or don't care for Boma.

We'll finally be staying at AKL this December so in addition to our usual dinner planned for Boma we will finally have breakfast there.

Of the ones you've mentioned I've only done Crystal Palace for lunch and Boma for dinner. Crystal palace had a good selection of buffet items and the character interaction was very good. We're going there for dinner on our upcoming trip. Boma dinner is my very favorite buffet! Even our 7 year old granddaughter who is a picky eater found plenty there that she liked so I don't quite understand the people who say it is too exotic for their tastes. But I do know that people usually either love or don't care for Boma.

We'll finally be staying at AKL this December so in addition to our usual dinner planned for Boma we will finally have breakfast there.

I only said that I didn't think my family's tastes were that broad because on our last trip when we visited over at AK we asked to walk through and look at the buffet and several of us weren't sure whether we would like most of their offerings. They seemed "exotic" to me...again just personal preference and one can only know for sure if they try it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter