• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Run For Food - A Feb 2017 PTR - Updated 9/6 ADR's

emilyhuff

DIS Veteran
HELLO and WELCOME to our very first Walt Disney World PTR!

You can follow along on my Disneyland PTR
here in which we will be visiting Los Angeles and Disneyland this November.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Who is "our" you ask? Me - Emily and DBF - Wonks, of course! Today marks 4 years together! This will also be our 4th trip to WDW together!!!

We are WDW people, both born and raised! We are from Pennsylvania and were both fortunate to go often as children - Wonk's grandmother lived in FL and they would visit WDW while visiting her and my grandparents were generous enough to take my entire family 1 to 2 times per year!

On with the introductions!

This is Wonks. I am pretty sure he liked Disney World before meeting me, but being with me has made him come to love Disney World. He is more of a "go with the flow" kind of guy. I consider myself lucky to have him and to know that he will always say yes when I say "Let's go to Disney."

Here are some of his favorites:
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite Character: B'rer Rabbit (see above:))
Favorite Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Favorite WDW Food: Dole Whip Float - must be Vanilla Soft Serve with Pineapple Juice!
Favorite WDW Drink: Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer from Germany Pavilion

This is me, Emily. I am the planner. I love planning Disney trips and making itineraries only to have something change to get a chance to redo the whole thing! If you couldn't tell by the header - I LOVE FOOD, especially Disney Food and I will be participating in the Enchanted 10K on 2/25!

Here are some of my favorites:
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favorite Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Favorite WDW Food: Cheese soup from Canada or ANY breakfast buffet (the real way to my heart :lovestruc)
Favorite WDW Drink: Banana Cabana from Hollywood Studios or any resort pool bar!

Now back to the trip report! I hope you will join me in my planning adventure!!!

Next Post: When We're Going and ADR Wish List!

Last edited:
When We're Going & ADR Wish List!!!

Well - it's official, I purchased our airfare yesterday morning so the dates are set in stone!

When: Wednesday February 22nd through Monday February 27th

We will arrive late on Wednesday (which means a full day of work, BOO!!!) and will be leaving late on Monday to maximize our Disney time. We will be purchasing 5 day park hoppers!

Per my countdown, tomorrow marks our 180 day mark! That means the heat is on to get our ADRs in order before then!

I do have an ADR wish list, although very small, they are all places I either love or would love to eat at:

Garden Grill - for breakfast, which is my favorite meal and it is always better in WDW

*I have never been here for breakfast!

Hoop de Doo Revue - for dinner, on Saturday 2/25... This is the night after the 10K, we will hopefully be getting reservations here with two of our good friends from Orlando.

*the last time I was here, I was only 11!

Tusker House - for breakfast, my favorite breakfast buffet in all of WDW, the safari characters are my favorite, I can't pass this meal up!

Via Napoli - for dinner, we love getting the Margherita pizza to share, it also makes great leftovers!

Tambu Lounge - although not an ADR, I really want a Lapu Lapu so I hope to make it here!

Like I said - very small. Wonks and I typically share every meal, we enjoy drinking our calories :upsidedow

Next post: Park Hours

Last edited:
Park Hours!!!

I just looked at the WDW website and took a few minutes to make this quick outline of the park hours!

I know this is all subject to change and I am actually kind of bummed with the hours.. Usually when we go in October MK is open until 12 or 1 am at least once on the trip.:sad2:

So for now, and since tomorrow morning is ADR time, it looks like I will schedule a breakfast at Garden Grill on Thursday, Tusker House on Saturday after the run and Hoop de Doo Revue on Saturday for dinner (hoping for the 4pm show), and probably Via Napoli for dinner on Sunday.

I'd love to squeeze in a BOG breakfast on Friday but I know Wonks will want to run around riding as many rides as possible during EMH so we will probably just settle for a cinnamon roll from Gastons!

Can't wait to let you all know how it goes!

Next Post: ADRs!

Last edited:

ADR's!!!

I had some ADR success and was able to snag everything we wanted and although not much, it is just enough for us!!!

Thursday 2/23 - Garden Grill at 10:05am

Saturday 2/25 - Hoop Dee Doo Revue at 4:00pm

Sunday 2/26 - Via Napoli at 6:00 PM

Beaches & Cream at 9:30PM

So like I said, not a whole lot but it was everything we wanted. I am still debating finding an ADR for Friday night, something super carb-y so I can load up before the 10K on Saturday! Any recommendations?

Thanks again for joining in!

Next up: Where We're Staying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter