• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will my old strategy work with G+??

cman

Mouseketeer
Now that G+ has been in place for a few months I'm hoping there are enough real world experiences to help me plan my trip April 20-27.

We've taken many trips trips to WDW, are DVC members, and take advantage of park hopping. We typically do rope drop until late morning, head back to BWV for lunch and a break, and then head back to a park later afternoon for the evening and dinner.

In the past I would book all my FP+ for the afternoon park and take advantage of rope drop to do as much as we can using standby.

For this trip I'd like to do something similar.

At 7am book a G+ LL for some time after 2pm and also buy $ILL for two rides in the afternoon park.

We would use early entry and rope drop to do as much standby in the morning park as possible.

We this strategy still work?
Will I be able to get a G+ LL for the afternoon park at 7am?
Will I be able to book a second G+ LL for the afternoon park two hours after park opening?

Thanks for the help!!

That will work, but paying $15 per person for LL to only use it for 1 or 2 rides is expensive.
You don't need Genie+ if you just want to purchase the $ILL.

Yes, you can do all of those things. But for your G+ reservation, I would recommend booking it earlier or for a ride you really want to do, regardless of the return time. The early afternoon strategy is less useful because you can only book 1 at a time, so skipping the morning is wasting G+ time.

It's closer to the old paper Fastpass system than FP+. Book the big rides you really want to do first and worry about others later.

Thanks for the responses!

I understand paying for G+ and then not using it for the AM park is a bit of a waste.

I guess my worry is that if I use G+ for the AM park then I'm not locking in the PM park G+ rides right at 7am. In other words if I use G+ for a rides in the AM park by time I leave that park for a midday break and try to use G+ to reserve rides in the PM park there may not be times available.

My plan assumes I can use rope drop and early entry to maximize standby riding in the AM and then know I have G+ rides booked for the PM park.

Just to confirm -

When I log in at 7am can I book G+LL and $ILL for later in the day at the park I'm hopping to even though I have an morning park reservation at a different park?

My initial impression of G+ was that you were presented a time and you couldn't pick later times if you chose to. After reading more that seems to be incorrect. You get presented the NEXT available time but can choose a later one if you want. Correct?

Thanks!

From my experience, we are currently @ Disney, using both G+ and ILL$ on crowd level 10 days. Just like you, we are staying at BWV and we take advantage of Early Entry and take afternoon breaks. Each day, I was able to use 2~3 G+ for the morning park and after tapping the last G+ in the morning park, I searched for another G+ for the evening park. I was able to stack about 3~4 headliners for the evening park by 5 and as soon as we tap into the last G+ reservation, I booked the next available G+. The only park this strategy won't work is DHS since pretty much all the headliners were gone by late morning/ early afternoon.

From my experience, we are currently @ Disney, using both G+ and ILL$ on crowd level 10 days. Just like you, we are staying at BWV and we take advantage of Early Entry and take afternoon breaks. Each day, I was able to use 2~3 G+ for the morning park and after tapping the last G+ in the morning park, I searched for another G+ for the evening park. I was able to stack about 3~4 headliners for the evening park by 5 and as soon as we tap into the last G+ reservation, I booked the next available G+. The only park this strategy won't work is DHS since pretty much all the headliners were gone by late morning/ early afternoon.

How where you able to stack 3-4 headliners for the evening park? I thought you could only have 2 G+LL at one time. Are you counting $ILL in the 3-4?

How where you able to stack 3-4 headliners for the evening park? I thought you could only have 2 G+LL at one time. Are you counting $ILL in the 3-4?
You can book a G+ LL at 7am and then every two hours after the park opens. So assuming a 9:00 park opening, you can book at 7:00, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00, etc. for the park you are hopping to. So by 3:00 you could have 4 LLs ready to go. The LL rule is you can book 2 hours after booking a LL or after tapping in at your most recently booked LL. If you are hopping to a park, it will only give you times after 2:00pm for that park.

You can book a G+ LL at 7am and then every two hours after the park opens. So assuming a 9:00 park opening, you can book at 7:00, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00, etc. for the park you are hopping to. So by 3:00 you could have 4 LLs ready to go. The LL rule is you can book 2 hours after booking a LL or after tapping in at your most recently booked LL. If you are hopping to a park, it will only give you times after 2:00pm for that park.

Ah.... thanks for the information! I had missed the fact that you can have more then 2 active LL.

My head is spinning. I'm going in May and really need to get my hear around this new way of riding.

I'm wondering if you have these LL stacked in the afternoon, let's say your first one is at 2pm, then you have 3 more stacked for later than that. Can you make another LL after you tap into the 2pm LL?

I'm wondering if you have these LL stacked in the afternoon, let's say your first one is at 2pm, then you have 3 more stacked for later than that. Can you make another LL after you tap into the 2pm LL?
Only if the 2pm LL you have was the last LL you booked.

Example 1 -
@ 7:00am - Book 3-4pm
@ 11:00am - Book 7-8pm
@ 1:00pm - Book 2-3pm

In this example, when you tap into the 2-3pm ride, you can book another.

Example 2
@ 11:00am - Book 2-3pm
@ 1:00pm - Book 7-8pm

In example 2, you do not get to book another LL when you tap in to the 2-3pm ride. You'd have to wait until 3pm to book another one.

Only if the 2pm LL you have was the last LL you booked.

Example 1 -
@ 11:00am - Book 7-8pm
@ 1:00pm - Book 2-3pm

In this example, when you tap into the 2-3pm ride, you can book another.

Example 2
@ 11:00am - Book 2-3pm
@ 1:00pm - Book 7-8pm

In example 2, you do not get to book another LL when you tap in to the 2-3pm ride. You'd have to wait until 3pm to book another one.
Thank you for this breakdown! I want to understand all the ins and outs as best as I can to make the most use of G+.

We this strategy still work?
(1) Will I be able to get a G+ LL for the afternoon park at 7am?
(2) Will I be able to book a second G+ LL for the afternoon park two hours after park opening?

Thanks for the help!!

(1) Depends. If you are booking LL at 7a for the afternoon park you plan to hop to then you will only be shown LL times starting after 2pm when hopping begins. If you are trying to book afternoon times for the park you have a reservation at (your morning park) then you will be shown next available in that park which may or may not be pushed into the afternoon yet.
(2) Yes. But the 2 hour cool down is set 2 hours after opening for your morning park, (where you have a reservation) not 2 hours after opening for your afternoon park.

I understand paying for G+ and then not using it for the AM park is a bit of a waste.
Not at all a waste if you can stack a bunch up in the evening. If your morning park isn't very busy or you can rope drop and get a lot done, you can keep making those 2 hour cool down LL reservations. Depending on park hours you could theoretically have 3-4 LL all ready to go at your evening park. That saves a lot of time. Just depends on your strategy.

This used to be possible but Disney closed that loophole about a month in. People were stacking and rolling through 3 all day. Now, it's more complicated. Of course!
At 2pm, you tap in. You will be immediately eligible for another if your other stacked LL is 2 hours later than current time (so 4 or later). If it's less than 2 hours away you will need to wait until you use that one to become eligible to book another.
Might be a good strategy to try and get all your evening stacked LL times very close together. Then tap through them all and start the reserve/use then reserve/use method.

This used to be possible but Disney closed that loophole about a month in. People were stacking and rolling through 3 all day. Now, it's more complicated. Of course!
At 2pm, you tap in. You will be immediately eligible for another if your other stacked LL is 2 hours later than current time (so 4 or later). If it's less than 2 hours away you will need to wait until you use that one to become eligible to book another.
Might be a good strategy to try and get all your evening stacked LL times very close together. Then tap through them all and start the reserve/use then reserve/use method.

I know it's very confusing, but that's not quite right.

If the LL you tap in at 2pm was your most recently booked LL, you are eligible right then (even if a previously booked LL is less than 2 hours away).

For example, at 11am, I book an LL for 3pm. At 1 pm, I book an LL for 2pm. When I tap in at 2pm, I am now eligible for another LL.

It makes no difference if the LL I booked at 11am is for 3pm, 5pm, or 9pm.

I know it's very confusing, but that's not quite right.

If the LL you tap in at 2pm was your most recently booked LL, you are eligible right then (even if a previously booked LL is less than 2 hours away).

For example, at 11am, I book an LL for 3pm. At 1 pm, I book an LL for 2pm. When I tap in at 2pm, I am now eligible for another LL.

It makes no difference if the LL I booked at 11am is for 3pm, 5pm, or 9pm.
You're right. I don't know from where my brain plucked that random info. 🤦‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter