Will I get sick on Bobsleds?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I would like to be able to ride this ride, but I am not willing to ruin my day to ride it either.

I get sick feeling on the following rides:

Space Mountain - felt sick after and did actually throw up from it (after we got back to hotel)
Dinosaur - I prayed the entire way through that it would be done soon. I felt really sick after riding it
Everest - again, I prayed it was be over soon. Felt REALLY sick after this one but did not throw up

On the other hand - I can ride Big Thunder 4 times in a row in the back seat and not feel sick.

So I have no idea if the bobsleds will make me sick, but I do really want to ride it if I can.

What do you think? I wish I could watch the youtube videos but you can see much because it is dark!

I got really sick (but did NOT throw up) on Space Mountain as well but have not on Matterhorn. That said, this past trip I took Bonine for motion sickness (Dramamine makes me lethargic and strange feeling but Bonine did not have any side effects for me) and it cut all the motion sickness feeling out completely. I was able to ride Space and really enjoy it for the first time in my adult life.

Hope this helps.

I think you'd be okay on Matterhorn. I get nauseated on Space Mountain because it's in the dark, but Matterhorn isn't as dark except when you're going up the lift (which really isn't that dark either). It's essentially just a large spiral down to the bottom. If dramamine or bonine don't work for you, you might consider asking your doctor for one of the patches they give people for cruises. My aunt gets sick easily on rides and she does really well with that.

I don't think so. The rides you're referencing that you got sick on can be pretty intense and disorienting. Most people's complaints about the Matterhorn stem from jerkiness and it's definitely jerky. I feel like you'll probably be okay.

I suspect you will be OK, but ride the Fantasyland side first (slightly smoother).

I've never ridden Dinosaur or Everest, but Space Mountain makes some people sick because of A) the sensory stimulation, like the 'warp lights', the air blowing in your face to make you feel like you're going fast, and the music or B) the lack of being able to see what's coming.

It's easy to get sick when there's just suddenly a drop you didn't know was coming. That messes with a lot of people. Some people also don't like Pirates because of that.

You'll be fine on the Matterhorn. It's jerky and can be downright uncomfortable to ride, but all your senses are intact.

For me personally, it isn't that fun of a ride as it is so bumpy and the seats are so hard. It hurts....

Off all the rides you describe, Matterhorn comes closest to Dinosaur in its jerkiness and in-out of light/dark patches. I was fine on all the other rollercoasters, but Dinosaur left me a little nauseous because of the side-to-side jerking and quick stops, etc. The bobsleds are somewhat similar so if you do go, go on the Fantasyland side, they're a little smoother than the Tomorrowland side.

I can't do space mountain and most roller coasters but I feel ok after Matterhorn and Big Thunder. I probably wouldn't feel like eating right after, but not nauseous.

Anything that spins makes me sick without Bonine. But, I LOVE all the thrill rides with it! Like another previous poster noted, Dramamine Non-drowsy makes me feel like I need a nap... but can't sleep after taking it. (Go figure!)

Space Mountain and Matterhorn are complete experiences for me personally. Matterhorn is fine except I don't find the seating comfortable - not a bit of nausea during or after the ride for me. Space Mountain - from the start with the lights, throughout the ride, and after the ride, I get motion sickness. Enjoy!

Everyone is different when it comes to stuff like motion sickness. What is ok for one person would make somebody else very sick to their stomach.

If you ARE very prone to throwing up after certain roller coasters, the only way to ensure that you won't throw up would be to not go on Matterhorn. However, the only way to know for sure whether or not your body can handle Matterhorn would be to give it a try...and bring a barf bag just in case. If sea bands work for you, then wear those. And if certain anti nausea meds work for you, take those, too. Good luck!!

I get motion sickness, especially on Star Tours (I also get headaches from 3D movies) but I didn't feel sick after Matterhorn - I did, however, get a huge bruise on my ankle from bashing into the sled on each turn.

Space Mountain at WDW and Matterhorn have the same style of seating. I'd say there is a big chance you'd get sick on the Matterhorn. I nearly got a migraine from WDW Space Mountain. Space Mountain at Disneyland is WAY WAY WAY better, though. No comparison.

If you can do Thunder Mountain, the Matterhorn should be fine. The issue with the Matterhorn is not motion sickness, it is sore bums and bruised hips.

Space Mountain at WDW and Matterhorn have the same style of seating. I'd say there is a big chance you'd get sick on the Matterhorn. I nearly got a migraine from WDW Space Mountain. Space Mountain at Disneyland is WAY WAY WAY better, though. No comparison.

Those rides are totally different, though. SM's issue for pretty much everyone is being in the dark the whole time and not seeing *anything* coming. I love SM, but I'm always a little disoriented when getting off the ride. I don't think the ride vehicles being both "single file", so to speak, has much to do with it.

I just watched the POV for SM at Magic Kingdom and now I feel sorry for anyone who has only ridden it and not the SM @ DLR!

Just... why?! Why is it so different? Why are there astronauts hanging from the ceiling? I'm not impressed. Can I just not see the stars in this video or what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter