Will Easter be THAT bad?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
Circumstances this year will only allow us to go the week leading up to Easter (if we go at all :worried:).

We are experienced visitors and we are early risers, so getting to the parks at rope drop will not be an issue.

I know the crowd calendar will be all 10's that week. We were at WDW for Thanksgiving this year and it was 9's & 10's, but very manageable. I know Easter week will be busier than Thanksgiving week, but will it be ok? (Please say yes :laughing:)

I'm feeling ok about it because we can hit morning EMH and we know what we want to do and what we can skip. The kids are old enough for some late nights too.

Thoughts? Advice?

:goodvibes

Yes, it will be that bad, but it seems like you can handle it! You are experienced WDWers so you already know what you want to do and don't want to do. You will make good use of EMH and FPs.
Have an amazing trip!!

I went over Easter a few years back and since you are experienced with Disney I'm sure you can handle it. The crowd actually wasn't as bad as we expected and we still had a blast!

We went this past Easter (week following, not leading up to). I did all RDs and had no problem. Never had to stand in a long line.
I think you'll be fine!

If the other option is not going to Disney, then Easter week will be wonderful ;) It sounds like you have a plan, and it will be fine! We can only visit at peak times with my job (teacher).

We have gone at Easter twice and have enjoyed it both times.

It is very crowded BUT there are very long hours and they are running all the rides at full capacity. I think some of the lines were quicker even tho they seemed longer than they were in October because of this. The weather is also nice.

You do have to watch eating and avoid prime time. and get there early or be willing to stay very late.

The only thing that got to me after a bit was it is wall to wall people. Everywhere you look there are people, everywhere you walk, go stand, etc.

But after avoiding it for years I would go again then.

If you are able to do rope drops you should be fine. We went the week before Easter in 2011 and it was very crowded but we were a group of 15 and I could not get everyone up and out for rope drop no matter how many short lines I promised! :confused3 I think we would have been able to do a lot more had we arrived earlier at the parks.

If you are used to visiting during peak times then it really shouldn't be a problem. We visited Islands of Adventure this year on Good Friday and it was absolutely fine. Of course there were crowds, but nothing that an early morning and some advanced planning couldn't help with!

That being said, I expect this Easter to be more crowded than most because of when Easter falls. I'm a teacher too, and my school normally has a week off in early-mid March for spring break and then a long weekend for Easter. Since Easter falls so early this year they are just combining the two and having a later spring break than usual. I imagine other schools may do the same.

Easter 2001 was the last time we visited.

We got into Orlando late, but still decided to head to the MK...they were open late...and the line for Peter Pan's Flight was 70 minutes stand by and filled with parents ignoring their children who were obviously overtired.

We never did get to ride Test Track that year because FastPasses were out really quick.

We did, however, get a walk up to Le Cellier.

I wouldn't go again at that time unless I had no other options.

That being said, I expect this Easter to be more crowded than most because of when Easter falls. I'm a teacher too, and my school normally has a week off in early-mid March for spring break and then a long weekend for Easter. Since Easter falls so early this year they are just combining the two and having a later spring break than usual. I imagine other schools may do the same.

I do have to agree with this! I know that most schools in our state have their spring break in mid to late March typically. Most of them seem to be combining their springbreaks with easter break this year because of when Easter lands. I am a teacher too!!

I still think Disney at a busy time is better than no Disney at all!

I still think Disney at a busy time is better than no Disney at all!

I couldn't agree more! And as a teacher, given the choice between Christmas break, Easter break, and summer break, (the only times during the year when I could spend more than 3 days at Disney), I would choose Easter week NO contest.

I go the week after Thanksgiving just about every year since 2000. It has gotten progressively busier, since people found out it was a slow week about five years ago.

In 2004, I took my mom and this lovely couple were behind us on the bus one morning. Long story short, she was a teacher and he was a principal, so their ability to travel was limited. She commented on how wonderful it was to travel at a time when it was "so slow" for them.

At one point, she said they walked down Main Street and were actually able to see their feet as they were walking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter