• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will AP's come back soon?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
We just moved to FL and it's always been a dream of my DD to get an annual pass. Now that we are here- they are not available. I know there is one (out of original 4)for FL residents available but it is only for weekdays with tons of blackout dates and she would never be able to visit. Since they brought back the Disneyland one recently, do you think they will bring back the Disney World ones soon?

The Disneyland ones were not brought back. They tweaked the passes and raised prices but they only allow renewals right now; they are not selling new passes.

As for selling new annual passes in WDW, honestly we can speculate all we want but truthfully no one knows except for the higher ups at Disney.

Buying the Pixie Dust pass and using it when possible might be the best option. If they do bring them back, just upgrade it at that time. If they don't bring it back, you can change it to any of the passes when you renew in a year. The longer you wait to buy the Pixie Dust pass, the longer till you can renew for one of the better ones.

I don't think they have a reason to bring them back anytime soon at this point in time.
The parks are packed and people are paying for day tickets, which makes them a lot more money then selling AP's.
With no option to buy AP's, people need to buy day tickets. And sadly, people are paying. When/if attendance dies off, I think you'll see AP's come back.

Doubtful that they will return as a new option. Disney is making too much money without AP's. just like TiW. Unlikely to return.

Post Covid Disney may NEVER see them.

A trip to Disneyland or Disney World is growing more expensive, but that’s part of a Walt Disney Co. strategy to increase spending from visitors and downplay annual pass holders, the Wall St. Journal reports.

The strategy is helping the company stock price and financial results at a time when the other company properties are struggling, the report adds. The changes have taken root in the two years since the waning of the coronavirus pandemic, and have resulted in record sales and profits for the theme parks, even as attendance is below pre-pandemic totals.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/disney-theme-parks-price-strategy-153907761.html

I believe the phrase "undesirable guest mix" is used when there are too many APs out there.

AP holders are undesirable is how I take it.

I believe the phrase "undesirable guest mix" is used when there are too many APs out there.

AP holders are undesirable is how I take it.
Yep. Chapek said it. AP holders don’t spend the way first timers do.

I'd buy a Pixie Dust now and try to use it in the summer.

I do think there will always be a FL pass, as a tradeoff for the special treatment to Disney. But I think it will be Pixie Dust or worse.

The other option would be to watch for the FL resident specials they run at off peak times, like January-ish. Those work on weekends, traditionally.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get to renew up, or upgrade your Pixie Dust when they start selling another category.

Yep. Chapek said it. AP holders don’t spend the way first timers do.
Was shocked to actually hear that said out loud in public. I'm sure they have felt that way for years, but nobody was going to ever say it.

So you buy a Pixie Dust now & at your renewal in a year are able upgrade to another level of AP?

I have my AP but asking for someone that has nothing now.

Only hope is maybe, just maybe, once WDW sees just how much the Universal AP sales increased they may want to open sales back up again. Just depends on if they care about how many customers they loose to a competitor. Because loosing them they are. Only remains to be seen if that makes any difference to Disney.

I'm kinda thinking it may take till it's much closer to Epic Universe opening for Disney to pay any attention. That's still a few years away

Just so I get my quote right, it looks like the actual phrase was "Unfavorable attendance mix." Not much better though.

I've actually read about people wearing shirts that say "Unfavorable" into the parks! :sad1:

Hoping day after Labor Day would shed some light with end of summer season/schools back in full force would bring about APs

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter