Wilderness Lodge

memiaj

Earning My Ears
We're currently booked at contemporary but thinking of switching to Wilderness Lodge. Possibly switching dates to take advantage of free dining. Thoughts on WL? It would be a courtyard view bunk bed room. How bad is the construction? What's transportation like?

We're currently booked at contemporary but thinking of switching to Wilderness Lodge. Possibly switching dates to take advantage of free dining. Thoughts on WL? It would be a courtyard view bunk bed room. How bad is the construction? What's transportation like?

Transportation is nowhere near as convenient as at the Contemporary, where you can walk to MK & monorail to Epcot. You must boat to MK from WL, a process that isn't quick, but has its own charm. You get a shared bus system to every other park.

The lobby at WL is magnificent, but the rooms are small and simple. The rooms at CR are much bigger and more sophisticated. They've cut down a lot of trees that used to surround WL. Between that & the ongoing construction, it doesn't appeal much to me anymore. Not a bad place to stay, but CR is better, in my opinion.

Last edited:
You don't have to take the boat to MK, bus transportation is also available.

You don't have to take the boat to MK, bus transportation is also available.

It wasn't when we stayed there. The boat was their only offering. It was 7 years ago, though. When did you stay at WL?

Personally I love Wilderness. I enjoy the boat ride because of its charm. I think he transportation is no better than any other place at Disney. There is a bus that takes to MK if you don't want to take the boat.

We stayed at WL several years ago. We absolutely loved it!
Of course it's not quite as convenient as CR, but it's a big price difference, so you have to weigh that out. We really enjoyed the boat ride to MK, boats are frequent and it's such a peaceful ride. The vibe is one in itself, def the most relaxing resort we've stayed at on disney property (or anywhere for that matter).
However, we wouldn't go back until the construction is done. You might could find out more on how far along/how obtrusive the construction is on the wilderness lodge board.

I can tell you that two years ago we stayed at the Contemporary, and last year Wilderness Lodge, and after that visit I said I would never fork out the extra money to stay at the Contemporary again. Don't get me wrong, the walk to MK is very convenient and we had Tower theme park view, which you cannot compare to WL. However, we thought the bus service was very quick to MK in the morning. We did sometimes stop at FW to pick up people, but it was so close and only has one stop that it may have added 5 minutes to the ride. We had rented a car because I loathe the bus experience, but since the bus service was so great, we never used it! I loved Roaring Forks and felt it was so convenient, more so than Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary. We used the boat only for our return back from MK, because the bus was so much quicker. There was construction when we were there, but I'm not one to bothered by that because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter