Wilderness lodge pros and cons?

Just got back from WL yesterday and I stayed there 4x prior. Never loses it's luster.

Midday and end of day Im excited to go back to the resort and relax. Simply go by the pool or have a drink or whatever, it's a very inviting place to be.

I was lucky enough to be on the 6th floor (room 6143) and had a beautiful view of the pool ANDDDD wishes ANNNDDD electric water parade!

I slept with the balcony door open and it was an amazing experience. Worth the extra $166 per night over a value resort.

We love the Wilderness Lodge, I can't imagine being disappointed. For us it is like a quiet little haven away from the parks. After the crowds and the mayhem of a park day, there is nothing like returning to the WL to enjoy the beautiful lake views, and amazing grounds. It is one of the smaller resorts, so it doesn't feel spread out. It's easy to navigate and reach all of the amenities. The theming is also fantastic.

We are also taking a "construction break" from WL for our next trip. With the beach/playground closures and the appearance/noise of construction, it just wouldn't be the same. You can bet we will be back to WL once they are finished though. Absolutely worthwhile.

You "may not" hear construction noise but the construction does have some effect on resort guests by having closures.
Major impact/closure will be to the VWL pool and the beach, to include the fire pit and playground. The nearest free nightly marshmallow roast is located at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Fort Wilderness offers the Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long.

~The Teton Boat and Bike rental and nature trail that begins just behind it, will also be closed. However, bike rentals will still be available and nightly movies will instead be shown indoors in the VWL lobby. The spa treatments located within Sturdy Branches will also close. The nearest spa treatments are located next door at Disney's Contemporary Resort and at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

Wilderness Lodge is the best resort to stay at during Christmas season IMO. It is the one that feels the most like a traditional Christmas resort based on the way they decorate it and the theme of the resort itself.

The only con I can think of with the resort is a temporary one and that is the construction. I think the transportation is plenty quick, the restaurants are good, the grounds are good, and the price is reasonable based on comparison to other similar resorts.

I am planning our trip for December and I am having trouble deciding which resort to stay at. I am looking at the Wilderness Lodge and Caribbean Beach. We stayed at POR on our last trip and wanted to try something new. I really want to stay at the wilderness lodge because I heard it is beautifully decorated at Christmas, but from everything I've seen so far I'm not sure if the price is worth it. It is not on the monorail like the other deluxe resorts and it seems like the room are about the same size as the Caribbean beach. I guess I am looking for pros and cons of the resort to help me make my decision. Can you talk me into it?

I've never stayed at the CBR but we loved the WL. It's definitely our second favorite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter