Wilderness Lodge or Coronado Springs Resort?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
I know there is a price difference btwn. the two. But my question is it worth the extra money to stay at WL? Has anyone stayed at both and can give me some insight?
Thanks!

I have only stayed at WL and it is amazing. It is one of those places where you walk in and go "WOW"

Plus the boat ride to MK was a great feature.

I have stayed at both. If you can afford the WL I would stay there, especially if you are interested in going to the magic kingdom often. It's just a quick boat ride to the MK from the WL. Coronado is also nice but WL being a deluxe has a few more ammenities. Both resorts are beautiful. I'm going back to WL in April for my honeymoon! I recommend it highly.

CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one.

CSR just switched to queen beds too! They also are adding club level rooms as of 1/2009!! CSR offers loads of deluxe amenities.

Great bargain for the price.

lodge hands down, and twice on sundays......CSR was nice....but you can't find many to beat the WL.

CSR!! Better main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website (by clicking on my name above) for pics and info. CSR now has queen beds in all the rooms and will have club level rooms as of 01/2009!!

11kfg3p.jpg

We've only stayed at CSR, but we have visited the WL twice. It is a lovely resort--but just not our style (not into outdoor, woodsy theme), and we had some issues with some of the CM's there and much preferred Pepper Market over both the food court and Whispering Canyon Cafe (DH got sick eating at WCC). The lobby to me also had a "barbecue" smell to it. We never worry about being close to a monorail or boat as we drive everywhere. Also, I am pretty sure the pool is bigger at the CSR than it is at the WL, and they've added queen beds at CSR and the new lounge, The Rix.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with whatever you decide.

Why not split your stay and get a taste of both resorts? I've stayed @CSR and loved the grounds and pool, but WL is absolutely beautiful! The lobby will blow you away. Happy planning!:)

We stayed at CSR in 2007 and WL in 2006. If I had a choice, I would pick WL.

For us, there is something very magical about staying so close to MK. I remember being in the pool at WL and suddenly looking up at the lodge towering over me and I felt so lucky to be there. The lodge is beautiful. We enjoyed the ease of getting to Mk by bus or boat. We liked being picked up and dropped off at one spot outside the lodge and enjoyed the interior corridors, especially at night. And believe it or not, we preferred Roaring Fork over Pepper Market. We got waited on a lot faster at WL. They didn't try to ignore you (like we found at PM) and they were just nicer, in our experience, anyway. Transportation was pretty good.

We also enjoyed our stay at CSR. It is a very pretty resort. The pool is larger than WL's pool, thus it never felt crowded, and you could always find a lounge chair at CSR (unlike WL, which I felt, may have had their share of pool hoppers). The bus service was top notch, in our experience. CSR is in a pretty good central location. It never seemed to take long to get to any of the parks. Loved the bright decor and all the pretty fountains.

The two are very different in looks. I would stay at either one again in a heartbeat, but I think WL has an overall edge over CSR after our stays at both.

We stayed at WL in 2006 (free dining helped make it affordable) and CSR in 2008. While CSR is a very pretty resort, we wished the entire time that we had stayed at WL again. We even went to have dinner at WL twice during that visit because we liked being there so much. WL is just special:cloud9: While the lobby and public areas at CSR are lovely, we didn't like the motel like exterior corridors and the decor of the rooms was not attractive to us. We also found the service in Pepper market to be very "un disney". It is run by an outside company. We had the dining plan and almost none of the desserts displayed in Pepper market were classified as desserts under the plan! My son was told he could get a cookie, that's all. At the counter service restaurant at WL ANY dessert qualified as a dessert under the plan. I also had to argue with the cashier when we used our quick service credits for breakfast and she charged me for our orange juice. I insisted it was included and even happened to have the new 2008 brochure with me indicating it was included. She looked at the brochure and told me it was wrong!:scared1: I had to demand to see a manager! He came and they took off the charge and both insisted the the brochure was wrong but they would let it go this once. Believe me, I'm on these boards enough to know what's on the plan and what's not.:rolleyes1 VERY undisney. The take away fruit salads, etc were also half the price at WL than they were at Rix at CSR. Although it sounds like the room improvements at CSR will be nice the food services are enough reason for me never to stay there again. I will say that the front desk and concierge staff at CSR were great. Very professional and helpful.
These are my personal opinions and experience though. It may just come down to what type of theming you like. We definitely preferred the majestic park lodge feel to WL. It feels like such an oasis after a long Disney day. I didn't get that feeling at CSR.

Never stayed CSR but we absolutely love WL. In fact I have a feeling we'll have a hard decision about staying at another resort when we go back. We walked in to the lobby and it was just a WOW from all of the adults.

We stayed at both and like both but I would go deluxe over mod anyday.....love the WL location, love the inside entry rooms instead of the outside entry....that alone is worth it to me.

CSR is a fabulous resort! The only thing keeping it from being a deluxe are the outside corridors, IMO.

The food options are fantastic at CSR/ not crazy about Roaring Forks at WL. RF is just a counter while the Pepper Market at CSR is more like a restaurant.

WL is also very nice but it feels more enclosed-a little claustrophobic even though it's beautiful/I like the openess of CSR.

The grounds at CSR are more beautiful.

The CMs are nicer at CSR, at least that's been our experience.

The WL is my favorite WDW deluxe.

CSR is my most favorite of all the WDW mod or deluxe hotels.

Whichever you decide, I think you'll be happy.

If it's in the budget, I'd choose the WL hands down :goodvibes . CSR was ok, but as I remember it, some of the rooms are about a 15 minute walk from the main building. It's also a convention center (or was when we stayed there) which can make it hectic at times.

WL is beautiful (DH's favorite) with it's woodsy appeal and many fireplaces. You can see the MK fireworks from some of the woodsview rooms, and can catch the Electrical Water Pageant at night, since it goes right by the resort. A quick boat ride takes you to the MK or CR. From there you can catch the monorail, which makes getting to Epcot convenient, too.

Just MHO.

Oh really? You can take a boat to Contemporary Resort? That is where we really wanted to stay but it is booked. We have two meals there.
How long is the boat ride to CR and to MK from WL?
THANKS!

We've stayed at both and definitely would pick WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter