Wilderness Lodge Mess

I called yesterday and talked to 3 different people at WDW (including a GS person who was very short). I was nice and explained our situation and not being happy about the pool refurb. I was never offered a $50 discount. I waited until the end of my conversation with GS to ask about it. He said that with free dining he was not able to offer any additional discounts. I will call and try again

Looks like we our going to entertain moving ourselves as well. I called for the second time today and nothing was available except for a standard view room at the BW. In hindsight I should of taken the BW water view when offered two weeks ago but I could not decide if moving to an Epcot resort was going to meet our expectations - our past 5 trips to the WL have been amazing.

Like many others I'm not going to push the issue however I do know that I am not going to pay rack rate for a Courtyard view at the WL to look at the pool under construction.

I wonder how many Disney families are entertaining a Disney Cruise this year vs. WDW due to all of the construction... it has crossed our minds and is still an option :)

Best of luck to everyone calling into GS :)

Does anybody know if the hot tubs will still be available during the pool refurb ? They are in the pool area but not part of the main pool. Oh and the bar too ?

We were offered the $50/night credit even though we have free dining. We chose, instead, to move to a Lagoon view at the GF.

We took the $50 refund per night with free dining. We have 3 rooms so it was a good chunk of change. We will also get the free water park passes. I don't believe the hot tubs or the Trout Bass Pool Bar will be open. We will be allowed to use the hot tub and pool at the Villas, though.

I just read this:

◦The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer.

So the Polynesian guests are allowed to use BB at will and we at the WL get 1 free pass ??? What's up with that ?

I just read this:

◦The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer.

So the Polynesian guests are allowed to use BB at will and we at the WL get 1 free pass ??? What's up with that ?

WL people have access to the CR and FWL pools while people at Poly don't have access to any pools aside from BB.

I just read this:

Originally this was the Polynesian's policy too. The situation is fluid, pun intended.

So I have posted several times about not being too happy with Lodge refurbishment during our stay in September and possible change of resorts. Called today(2nd time about issue) to see if they had a woods view available, we have courtyard, and they still only have room with bunk beds. So I passed on that. Once again no mention of a room discount, but I also did not ask for one.
I'm just bummed out about the beauty of the WL during refurb, and since our trip is right around the corner I wanna make my final decision !
Seriously thinking about changing to POR Royal Room, where we have stayed before. Or since we have a split stay starting at AKV, May just see if we can extend our stay there. Not a fan of AKV/AKL being so far away from MK which is the park we go to the most. So POR may be the way we go.
The WL & WLV is our all time fave resort, so I know we will stay there again so to change resorts this trip will be a bummer, but there will be many more trips!! Guess I just need to vent and the dis boards help me let it out!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So I have posted several times about not being too happy with Lodge refurbishment during our stay in September and possible change of resorts. Called today(2nd time about issue) to see if they had a woods view available, we have courtyard, and they still only have room with bunk beds. So I passed on that. Once again no mention of a room discount, but I also did not ask for one.
I'm just bummed out about the beauty of the WL during refurb, and since our trip is right around the corner I wanna make my final decision !
Seriously thinking about changing to POR Royal Room, where we have stayed before. Or since we have a split stay starting at AKV, May just see if we can extend our stay there. Not a fan of AKV/AKL being so far away from MK which is the park we go to the most. So POR may be the way we go.
The WL & WLV is our all time fave resort, so I know we will stay there again so to change resorts this trip will be a bummer, but there will be many more trips!! Guess I just need to vent and the dis boards help me let it out!

You need to ask to speak to Guest Services and tell them what you want. At a minimum you should get the discount.

You need to ask to speak to Guest Services and tell them what you want. At a minimum you should get the discount.

I did ask to speak to GS and I asked about the discount and the GS guy acted like he had no idea what I as talking about. Needless to say I didn't get the discount

Well maybe il ask to speak with them, but really thinking of changing resorts now. Stressed!!

I just read this:

The Polynesian guests aren't just dealing with a pool closure, the entire resort is under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter