• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge Construction...is it that bad?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi All, just a quick question. So, my parents are staying at the wilderness lodge and my wife and I are staying at another resort now. My parents were offered club level at a start room rate so they jumped on it. However, they are now having second thoughts with all the construction going on. Can you guys give me your opinions on if you would stay here? All your comments will help them make the decision to stay or move somewhere else! thanks so much!

It is personal choice. Some people are bothered by construction, others say it doesn't affect their vacation at all. I would never knowingly book a room in a resort with any construction. The construction at the WL is on a large scale. I definitely would not stay there, but that is me. I spend a lot of mid day time at the resort and hate everything about construction - closures, reduced amenities, noise, unsightly walls, whatever.

There are lots of resorts where there isn't any construction going on at any given time. I book one of those.

I'd jump at the chance to stay at club level! We're staying at WLV in June. It really comes down to personal preference. The construction isn't an issue to me. I'm really excited to have a resort that is at around 50% occupancy!

We were there the first week of May and were not bothered at all. The kids loved getting the extra special construction pin set and watching what was going on from our balcony on the 6th floor. We never heard any noise and were not put out at all. I hope they enjoy it!

We were just there last week. Construction didn't bother us but I guess I just didn't realize the extent until we got there. The area we stayed in before is what is now boarded up for the remodel. We did miss the ability to go down to the beach etc, but it is neat to see the construction as you come in by boat to the WL.

Hi All, just a quick question. So, my parents are staying at the wilderness lodge and my wife and I are staying at another resort now. My parents were offered club level at a start room rate so they jumped on it. However, they are now having second thoughts with all the construction going on. Can you guys give me your opinions on if you would stay here? All your comments will help them make the decision to stay or move somewhere else! thanks so much!

Things to consider:

Currently and most likely for the rest of the year, The Old Faithful Club lounge has been re-located to the VP Suite. A new lounge is being constructed out of two North Wing Honeymoon Suites. The same great CMs are there, but the atmosphere and offerings have been modified, as well as many resort amenities.

There is more information on PAGE 1 and within the WL DVC Expansion Thread HERE

UNAVAILABLE OR MODIFIED AT VWL AND WL:

~Sturdy Branches Health Club, located inside VWL,
will be closed for refurbishment July - October.

~South wing closed - all floors.

~Entire bank of lobby elevators near The Mercantile are closed.

~Balcony viewing areas that face Bay Lake closed on fourth floor and fifth floors.

~Sitting area above front doors on fifth floor closed off.

~Beach closed.

~Marina closed, but bike rentals are still available at a different location.

~Spa closed.

~Movies on the beach moved to villas building indoors.

~Cub's Den closed.

~Old Faithful Club under major renovation with temporary lounge set-up currently in Vice-Presidential Suite. Some offerings have been reduced and guests must ask for most beverages. Window-area overlooking Bay Lake and Courtyard is blocked off. The New lounge is being constructed out of the two honeymoon suites in North Wing. There will no longer be seating surrounding the lobby.

Personal preference like most have said. We've stayed twice in the last 6 months and loved it. Construction never bothered us. Never even heard it unless we walked to the bus stop. Hotel only half full which is lovely.

Looking forward to returning in October this year..Fell in love with the resort two years ago which was our first day..The construction work won't bother us at all...We spend most ot the day from early morning till 5.00pm at the parks..I know lots of folk like to spend quality time at their resort, but we haven't travelled 3000 miles to relax at WL..It will be our base camp at night..lol..

I just got back on Monday and I didn't notice the construction at all. Half of the resort is closed, so the resort felt empty, which I enjoyed. I wouldn't have second thoughts about staying at the lodge.

We are staying in the Villas section in June. Is it better to request a higher floor or no difference (as it pertains to the construction)? Thanks!

We were offered CL at Poly during height of their construction, and no main pool in August. It wasn't enough to get us to stay and we moved resorts after the Volcano pool closure was announced. We moved to GF. And some days could still hear Poly construction, sound really carries over water.
WL is a fav of ours, but nothing would entice me to stay during this construction.

Things to consider:

Currently and most likely for the rest of the year, The Old Faithful Club lounge has been re-located to the VP Suite. A new lounge is being constructed out of two North Wing Honeymoon Suites. The same great CMs are there, but the atmosphere and offerings have been modified, as well as many resort amenities.

~Balcony viewing areas that face Bay Lake closed on fourth floor and fifth floors.

~Beach closed.

~Spa closed.

~Cub's Den closed.

~Old Faithful Club under major renovation with temporary lounge set-up currently in Vice-Presidential Suite. Some offerings have been reduced and guests must ask for most beverages. Window-area overlooking Bay Lake and Courtyard is blocked off. The New lounge is being constructed out of the two honeymoon suites in North Wing. There will no longer be seating surrounding the lobby.

What are they doing to South Wing? Not more DVC I hope???? Ugh.

Everyone has different needs. Based on the positive reports from those who have been there during construction, we're going in nov. I look forward to the lighter resort crowds for restaurants, boat transportation, pools etc. since we plan to spend significant time at the resort and half days in MK.

Things to consider:

~Beach closed.

~Spa closed.

~Cub's Den closed.

Hello! Do You know when the new and remodeled Old Faithful Club will be open?I'm planning a trip to WL next in January/2017 !! Thanks!

Hello! Do You know when the new and remodeled Old Faithful Club will be open?I'm planning a trip to WL next in January/2017 !! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter