Wilderness Lodge Concept Pics for Monorail connection?

TosaTrio

DVC Owner @ SSR & VWL
Years back, when the announcement came bout building the Wilderness Lodge, Disney shared pics that showed the lodge connected to the Monorail via a Gondola on cable. The picture appeared to show this connection about 150 yards due South of the Contemporary just adjacent to the current Western parking lots at Wilderness Lodge.

I've been searching the net off & on for a few years looking for those pics. I've not found any so far... I'm hoping that one of ya'll will be able to post them here! Any thoughts on this would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Cheers!

(My wife usually posts here so please pardon the lack of acronyms and all that fun stuff ya'll usually partake in!) :-)

BTW, if you don't have pics but remember the concept drawing, I'd LOVE to hear your take on this! I think it would be FANTASTIC to have a direct connection to the Monorail while staying at Wilderness Lodge. The additional connectivity to another mode of transport at my favorite resort would be FUNNNNN!!!!

How bout you? What are your thoughts?

Cheers!!!

I don't think I've ever heard of the tram connection idea, although I've heard that there was talk of the monorail going to the Wilderness Lodge. :scratchin The only pic I've ever seen is of the monorail going to Downtown Disney, on that site you linked:

http://www.yesterland.com/images-sidetrips/urbanlegends_disneyvillage.jpg

From the "Urban Legends about the Monorail" section. But I'm more into the Monorail than trams, so maybe I've just forgotten. :p If you find it, hope you'll post it here!

Thanks for the reply Shalom! I mis-titled the subject heading... It should read "Monorail" and not "Tram"... :rolleyes1OOOPS!!! Once and IF I find the original concept rendering for the Gondola connecting The Wilderness Lodge to the Monorail, I will CERTAINLY post it here! In the meantime, any help or insights from folks checking in here would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Cheers All!

Can't help with the pic, but when I was there in May there was construction going on by the monorail by the turn for WL. Also, I recall someone recently posting about their trip to WL, where a CM told them that the view (from the roof of WL, I think they were doing a flag raising) was going to be changing soon.

Maybe they are connecting it? :yay: Then again, if they do I bet prices will go up at WL which would make me sad :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter