Wilderness, Beach Club or Bonnet Creek?

lolobug

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Out last WDW trip was in 2016 at the WIlderness Lodge- it was magnificent! We thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of our vacation beginning as soon as we boarded the airplane- no rental cars, no traffic, no parking, etc. Our girls were little at that time and the WL was very convenient (my husband could stay in the room and wake at his leisure while the girls and I were at the parks for rope drop). The convenience factor was wonderful. 10 years later, we have another little one who will be 4, I imagine the convenience will once again be a HUGE factor. Is it really $1300 a night to stay at WL? That would absolutely be out of the question for us.
We have stayed at bonnet creek on a non Disney vacation and loved the resort BUT it does not have the convenience of us coming and going at our leisure and not having to drive in Orlando. Thoughts? Advice?

Driving in Orlando isn't all that bad and once you get to Bonnet Creek, the driving is much easier as it is mostly on Disney property where the roads are not nearly as busy. You certainly won't have the convenience factor of being able to go at rope drop with your husband coming along later. Bonnet Creek does have a shuttle, but times aren't necessarily convenient, it requires reservaitons and there is a fee.

Do you have to stay at Wilderness Lodge? There are cheaper options, but just not as convenient as WL. Perhaps also look at renting DVC points. I would think that would have to come out to less than $1300 a night.

It sounds like you’d prefer to stay on property.

I find the transportation at all Disney resorts convenient. Check out some Value/Moderate resorts. Lots of excellent choices. And You’ll pay way less than a deluxe resort.

I imagine the convenience will once again be a HUGE factor. Is it really $1300 a night to stay at WL? That would absolutely be out of the question for us.
If you have a party of 5 that can be an issue at WL as the resort rooms only accommodate 4. You would need a Deluxe room that sleeps 6 and there are only 10 of them and they include CL access.

Dave

Thank you, this is all great info.
Suggestions on some moderates that are nice with CL? My husband loved WL (that’s why we were thinking of it). We may have RCI timeshare too, which I think can be used at some Disney resorts?

Suggestions on some moderates that are nice with CL? My husband loved WL (that’s why we were thinking of it). We may have RCI timeshare too, which I think can be used at some Disney resorts?
Only one moderate resort offers Club level. That is the Grand Destino Tower at Coronado. And most of the CL rooms there are only for families of four.

They do have a Presidential CL Suite that sleeps up to 6 people. I have no idea what that would cost, but the name of it suggests it’s super expensive. Lol.

Only one moderate resort offers Club level. That is the Grand Destino Tower at Coronado. And most of the CL rooms there are only for families of four.

They do have a Presidential CL Suite that sleeps up to 6 people. I have no idea what that would cost, but the name of it suggests it’s super expensive. Lol.
Haha!

DVC switch to Interval International a couple years ago and DVC deposits into RCI have pretty much stopped. So that won't really work anymore.

Our family loves the Disney bubble. That feeling that as soon as you arrive at your home airport, you can relax. No more driving, lots of dining options, the extra Disney touches just make it FEEL like vacation.

What are the ages of your children? Can your children share a bed or do they all need separate beds? Does anyone in the family have special needs/food allergies/mobility concerns? How many days are you staying? What time of year are you going? What is your resort budget per night? What parks are your focus? Answering these questions will help posters give you more valuable advice. :goodvibes

Suggestions on some moderates that are nice with CL?

Are you looking for CL or just resorts that accommodate 5? Some CL resorts don’t accommodate 5 unless you book a suite. What room type & dates did you see $1300 for WL. A little more info on what exactly you’re looking for might help with suggestions for you.

generally, you can do 5 in a regular room in many of the deluxe hotels except wilderness Lodge and Animal kingdom Lodge. I would expect deluxe hotel rooms without CL to be in the $700-900+ range at rack rate. Not sure when you are going, but I plugged in random dates in November on the WDW website and found that where CL was available, it added $300ish a night. Current discounts go through July 7 and offer 30% off most deluxes. Offers for later are not announced yet.

No, anything CL that will take 5 will be out of your budget if WL is out of your budget. CL has gotten very expensive at Disney, some CL vets have taken to DIY CL instead. Grocery order of breakfast stuff, general snacks and drinks and there you go- DIY CL. As far as discounts go the last general public offer only gave 10% off CL rooms, so it was really disappointing. Previously CL rooms received the same discount as the hotel was offering, so don’t hang your hat on some nice discount coming for those rooms.

With 5 you’re playing a slightly different game at Disney. My go to when I want a deluxe feel for cheap is GDT but they only take 4. I would call up Swolphin, they have a special deal where you can get a discount on a connecting room or Dolphin says their rooms can take 2 adults/3 children. If there is a convention over your dates you’ll be out of luck though.

Out of the box thinking here- have you considered the new cabins at FW? They’re supposed to open this summer, not sure how their pricing is looking though.

I’d recommend a 5th sleeper at CBR for skylines or POR. If you want deluxe, I’d definitely look at renting points.

Out of the box thinking here- have you considered the new cabins at FW? They’re supposed to open this summer, not sure how their pricing is looking though.
This might be a really good option. OP, you should check availability and pricing. I also agree with Swan/Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter