Wildeness lodge Vs Port Orleans Riverside

chairbear

Earning My Ears
Vacation coming up in august, we originally had a 6 night stay at POR in their garden view but when the summer deal came out it was no garden view available so we switched to WL. This is first time my family is staying at a deluxe hotel. We recently seen that POR has garden view available for our dates with the discounts. Should we save 400 and switch back to POR or should we stay at WL? which hotel is better for a family of four?? DS7 DD10 ( Side note we have only ever stayed at POR )

WL is a beautiful resort and proximity to MK is a big plus, especially with children. If you can comfortably afford WL, I think it's always nice to try out a different resort. I don't think you will regret it. If you are sacrificing anything to make up that $400 price difference, then you need to evaluate what is most important to you. I always ignore the option of upgrading room types and views etc on that basis that we spend so little time at our resort. But that is only partially true: I have found that we spend much more time at a resort when we enjoy the setting/amenities than we did at, say a value (which we thoroughly enjoyed - but we lived at the parks the entire trip). We have a split stay and for BLT, it is mostly resort time on our schedule.

WL is a beautiful resort and proximity to MK is a big plus, especially with children. If you can comfortably afford WL, I think it's always nice to try out a different resort. I don't think you will regret it. If you are sacrificing anything to make up that $400 price difference, then you need to evaluate what is most important to you. I always ignore the option of upgrading room types and views etc on that basis that we spend so little time at our resort. But that is only partially true: I have found that we spend much more time at a resort when we enjoy the setting/amenities than we did at, say a value (which we thoroughly enjoyed - but we lived at the parks the entire trip). We have a split stay and for BLT, it is mostly resort time on our schedule.

Thank you, I think we're going to try something new for once and enjoy a stay at WL

Thank you, I think we're going to try something new for once and enjoy a stay at WL

You won't regret it. We've never stayed at POR, but we love the WL and have had 2 great stays there. We have always found the buses to be great, but we especially love taking the boat to MK (as well as to the CR). You're going to love the lodge :goodvibes.

I have stayed at both properties. If they were the same price i would definitely stay at Wilderness Lodge... but POR was a great alternative. Really nice atmosphere and landscaping.

Riverside is nice, we loved the boat to DTD, it is however pretty large and in Aug in the heat I would choose WL if we had the money.
The inside corridors with A/C would do it alone. Also the boat to MK was awesome!
We spent a long weekend there last month and loved it. If you can afford it go for WL and your kids will love it.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter