• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wicked Wind Down - Are we really not discussing this?

Sorry, still confused - DH and I are eligible direct members staying on points and have also booked a room for my sister using our points. Will she be able to come up with us, for either the first come first served or $55 option? Or is she not eligible to join us since she is staying in a separate room? Thanks!
My understanding is no, she would not if they stick to a strict interpretation of their rules. It's pretty clear that guests must be on members reservation. That said you can only try. Let us know how it works out.
I have two rooms booked in January. One for my self and my wife (owners) and one for my son (owner on same membership) and his wife (Not an owner). I am really not sure how it will work out for us if we try to go up. We will see.

My understanding is no, she would not if they stick to a strict interpretation of their rules. It's pretty clear that guests must be on members reservation. That said you can only try. Let us know how it works out.
I have two rooms booked in January. One for my self and my wife (owners) and one for my son (owner on same membership) and his wife (Not an owner). I am really not sure how it will work out for us if we try to go up. We will see.
I wonder if you could add two names to your reservation. Basically your sons name plus a middle initial and your DIL’s name plus a middle initial. So that it is differentiated from their room and their reservation but the names would still match their ID and they would be guests on your room booking too.

(Just a thought. I’ve never tried this.)

Where I'm concerned is the statement

"Each eligible Membership can enjoy Top of the World Lounge access for one party per day—which can include eligible Members and guests staying on that Member's reservation"

My son and I are both members but will we be considered one party even though we have two reservations each in our own name? We will find out in January I guess.

Also, what you suggest can cause magic band issues as the band is the room key and you cannot have two rooms linked to your band at the same time. So somebody is going to be locked out of their room.

Sorry, still confused - DH and I are eligible direct members staying on points and have also booked a room for my sister using our points. Will she be able to come up with us, for either the first come first served or $55 option? Or is she not eligible to join us since she is staying in a separate room? Thanks!

Per the agent when I booked, I had to move my friend from the room with her son to my room as only the ones in my room counted.

But, I did book the day it opened so don’t know if others has different experiences.

Where I'm concerned is the statement

"Each eligible Membership can enjoy Top of the World Lounge access for one party per day—which can include eligible Members and guests staying on that Member's reservation"

My son and I are both members but will we be considered one party even though we have two reservations each in our own name? We will find out in January I guess.

Also, what you suggest can cause magic band issues as the band is the room key and you cannot have two rooms linked to your band at the same time. So somebody is going to be locked out of their room.

You don’t link the guests in your room to them via MDE so there are no issues.

I have had guests on reservations who were in a different room so they could get a key card. Just put in middle name instead.

I think if I had had 5 names on my room and wanted to buy, I would have been allowed.

The email does not list any names so i think it would work.

THANKS!! I guess I should have clarified that I was looking for the website for the TOTWL on the Disney restaurant webpage - since you don't have to be a DVC member to go there and can sorta do a walk-up, I was assuming that it would still be listed under the restaurant section and include wording on needing a membership, not needing a membership....blah, blah, blah...

but it's not on the Disney site anymore... interesting!

thanks for the links!

THANKS!! I guess I should have clarified that I was looking for the website for the TOTWL on the Disney restaurant webpage - since you don't have to be a DVC member to go there and can sorta do a walk-up, I was assuming that it would still be listed under the restaurant section and include wording on needing a membership, not needing a membership....blah, blah, blah...

thanks for the links!
Because it is DVC only and non-members aren’t allowed in, there’s no need to add confusion by showing it on the main WDW dining web page. Putting it there would be a disaster.

thanks for the links!
Actualy you do have to be a DVC member and own a qualifying contract as in DVC-Y
It's more like the DVC lounge at epcot now. But you have to pay for your drinks and snacks😁

Because it is DVC only and non-members aren’t allowed in, there’s no need to add confusion by showing it on the main WDW dining web page. Putting it there would be a disaster.
Actualy you do have to be a DVC member and own a qualifying contract as in DVC-Y
It's more like the DVC lounge at epcot now. But you have to pay for your drinks and snacks😁
ooohh..I was thinking that non-members could still come up and just stand outside - but it was only members who could pay the $55 for the lounge experience and have a reserved table..

so now it's ONLY qualifying DVC-Y member and they can either pay the $55 or get a walk up....I see ... I guess I was totally missing that part!!

We're going to try to get a reservation for our Oct trip!!

(we're staying at BLT on points and we are DVC-Y)

ooohh..I was thinking that non-members could still come up and just stand outside - but it was only members who could pay the $55 for the lounge experience and have a reserved table..

so now it's ONLY qualifying DVC-Y member and they can either pay the $55 or get a walk up....I see ... I guess I was totally missing that part!!

We're going to try to get a reservation for our Oct trip!!

(we're staying at BLT on points and we are DVC-Y)

Correct. Even DVC owners not eligible for membership Magic are not allowed in..even just to watch fireworks.

There's a lot of room on the deck, even when they reserve a portion of it for lounge patrons. I am not all that interested in the lounge. I just want to watch the fireworks from the deck. Nothing has really been said ( officially) if that's an option or not. Perhaps the FCFS until capacity is reached refers to the non-lounge area. No good reason they couldn't allow any DVC Member into that area. Pre-covid, it was never even close to full when we were there -maybe 30 people, max.
I was wondering the same. When we've been up, we were often among just a handful of others when we went outside. I hope that this is still an option, because the outside area had plenty of space.

I was wondering the same. When we've been up, we were often among just a handful of others when we went outside. I hope that this is still an option, because the outside area had plenty of space.

From reports, most have been allowed up around 9 pm to go view fireworks. People are allowed to buy drinks and food if they want but lounge could be full.

But, if the WWD event is sold out, and has been plenty of nights, people have arrived earlier and could not get in because those of us who purchased the event have an open ended time to arrive…just have to be there 30 minutes before fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter