Why we will not stay on UOR property again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at portofino that same time. I won’t be going back. Too many issues, it seemed like work being there. I’ve always had good stays at RPR and only one bad experience at sapphire falls(out of 9 trips) which they fixed to my satisfaction. Good luck with your issue.
I was at PB two weeks ago and no issues at all - I know there was a lot of work with the remodel - but that should all be done for a while now.
I did have one water pressure issue and they had to replace the shower head, but nothing bad.

I was at PB two weeks ago and no issues at all - I know there was a lot of work with the remodel - but that should all be done for a while now.
I did have one water pressure issue and they had to replace the shower head, but nothing bad.
Sorry about the shower head-happy to hear they replaced it

I am also confused by the paid in full and the paperwork. We've stayed multiple times at UO resorts, booked directly through UO, and we've never paid in full prior to arriving, nor have we been asked to complete any paperwork. It automatically only charges a 1 night deposit plus taxes and fees. There isn't even an option for paying in full.

OP, I hope you get this sorted out and able to get refunded for all the things you were double charged for.

I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that.

We were there a few weeks ago (also first timers). I had asked to pre-pay and was sent the same “paperwork” I think you’re referring to. Did you receive an email confirmation of your “payment in full”? I showed the email when we checked-in and we had no problems.

Although we had no issues and had really good experience with “Kate” at the concierge desk, we noticed the cleaning issues as well. Our room was cleaned but the same carts of half eaten room service were left outside of rooms for days and the garbage can near the elevator was overflowing everyday that we were there. Hopefully this is a temporary COVID related issue because it was even worse at our Disney Resort the previous week.

Please let us know how things work out :)

I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that.

We were there a few weeks ago (also first timers). I had asked to pre-pay and was sent the same “paperwork” I think you’re referring to. Did you receive an email confirmation of your “payment in full”? I showed the email when we checked-in and we had no problems.

Although we had no issues and had really good experience with “Kate” at the concierge desk, we noticed the cleaning issues as well. Our room was cleaned but the same carts of half eaten room service were left outside of rooms for days and the garbage can near the elevator was overflowing everyday that we were there. Hopefully this is a temporary COVID related issue because it was even worse at our Disney Resort the previous week.

Please let us know how things work out :)
I believe you are correct about showing said paperwork! I am relieved to know we weren’t the only ones who had this! I was starting to get worried.

Hi all!
So not an important update but one nonetheless. We have started the process with the credit card company. We thankfully save every single email and print a lot out so we do have paper copies. As @Baldy said, it was in fact something that states we had paid in full! I will keep you updated as we move on through this process. Thank you all for your help and concern and well wishes so far.
BroadwayHermione5

Hi all!
So not an important update but one nonetheless. We have started the process with the credit card company. We thankfully save every single email and print a lot out so we do have paper copies. As @Baldy said, it was in fact something that states we had paid in full! I will keep you updated as we move on through this process. Thank you all for your help and concern and well wishes so far.
BroadwayHermione5

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't show the "paid in full" email confirmation to the hotel as well as screenshots of the credit card charges. I would think it would be faster than having the credit card company try to sort through all the charges.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't show the "paid in full" email confirmation to the hotel as well as screenshots of the credit card charges. I would think it would be faster than having the credit card company try to sort through all the charges.
I am going to suggest to my mom as she is taking the reigns on this as I’ve been thinking about this as well.
Will keep you all updated.

Agree. The hotel should definitely make it right for you and refund you the double charge. AmEx itself will tell you to contact the merchant first to try to resolve because that is the quickest way to resolution.

I think there is a cautionary tale here about trying to "pay in full" before arrival. Since this is not the normal procedure, it sounds like it can go very, very wrong.

Agree. The hotel should definitely make it right for you and refund you the double charge. AmEx itself will tell you to contact the merchant first to try to resolve because that is the quickest way to resolution:

I think there is a cautionary tale here about trying to "pay in full" before arrival. Since this is not the normal procedure, it sounds like it can go very, very wrong.
Oh absolutely. I hope my story helps others.

Well I just thought I'd chime in on this thread.....I too just paid in full before my arrival at the end of Oct....the reason i paid in full was to take advantage of a "0%" Interest charges on my credit card for all travel purchases posted before Oct. 17th....I called Royal Pacific and asked to pay in full prior to arrival and they sent me a PDF file to do a electronic signature with my credit card info.....I received an email the next day from RP saying my payment had been summited and that I was paid in full.....the only thing left is parking! So I've saved the email and the screen shot of my credit card authorization.....So maybe THAT form they sent me was what is causing the trouble for the OP? IDK....just guessing

Well I just thought I'd chime in on this thread.....I too just paid in full before my arrival at the end of Oct....the reason i paid in full was to take advantage of a "0%" Interest charges on my credit card for all travel purchases posted before Oct. 17th....I called Royal Pacific and asked to pay in full prior to arrival and they sent me a PDF file to do a electronic signature with my credit card info.....I received an email the next day from RP saying my payment had been summited and that I was paid in full.....the only thing left is parking! So I've saved the email and the screen shot of my credit card authorization.....So maybe THAT form they sent me was what is causing the trouble for the OP? IDK....just guessing

Yup. I think you are correct. I am assuming that they didn't have that email receipt on hand when they were trying to argue their case.

At that time I go to the vacation planning desk because we were having issues with our photo package, and I end up discovering that we would need to make reservations and pay ahead for our breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron the next day (there is a thread on the boards about this).

Is pre-paid + reservations for Leaky Cauldron a corona thing?

The reason they charged us was apparently we didn't do any of the protocols or paperwork or payments we needed to prior to coming.

Do you not have those emails to refer to? Check your Sent folder to see what they were.

Thank you. And from what we are figuring out it was the paper we had emailed to us and had to sign and submit back. Which we did and have confirmation of them receiving.

If you have confirmation, then you have the copy of what you sent. And that means you have proof of prepayment, and it's all resolvable.

I'm confused about the bus answer you got. I believe there are regularly scheduled busses that run from City Walk to the hotels; even the premiere hotels. That was a wrong answer even in good weather lol

Yep.
And there are even pamphlets in the room about it; or at least there were.

Our first stay we got caught in a torrential downpour, and were so so tired and confused that we misunderstood what the boat captain was saying about it. And we were embarrassed when we saw the pamphlets later on.

And yes it was super yuck.

I assume you took it back to Jakes and had them cook it?

I would love to know what the exact deal with hallways is though!

Hallways are hard to keep clean. Constant use, and no one wants vacuuming in the middle of the night.

We will be going through the credit card company.

CC companies usually want you to have truly tried to deal with the vendor. Since you have proof that they received what you sent, you have irrefutable proof that you paid it all already. No need to go through the CC company.

I can see an employee of Loews saying to try Disney for shipping gifts home if they know they can’t help and the guest is familiar with Disney being able to help in the past.

Yep. Trying to be helpful and having it backfire.
I can't help but wonder what concierge they talked to.

Is there something else that needs to be done in order to check into a USO hotel?

No.

Apparently, unless you choose to prepay.

I would have to double check as my mom has taken the reigns on handling this but I will definitely let her know to double check everything.

Is she the one that booked and paid for it all? If not, it doesn't make sense for her to do this.

I feel like by the time you walk to the buses you can walk most of the way back to your hotel.

Yep.

I know COVID has taken a hit on staffing but trash?

Even disney has reports of trash being a problem.

Our room was cleaned but the same carts of half eaten room service were left outside of rooms for days and the garbage can near the elevator was overflowing everyday that we were there. Hopefully this is a temporary COVID related issue because it was even worse at our Disney Resort the previous week.

February 2020, Bay Lake Tower, trays of food outside of doors for 3 days. Many other similar experiences at Disney hotels, honestly.

I know the email you are referring to. To clarify for everyone, you can pay your universal hotel inits entirety before arrival. However, the call agents can not do this. You call and they send you the electronic signature thing you fill out and the payment. This “paperwork” can be confusing and if you miss one little thing, it does not go through. I had this happen before where we thought we paid because we thought we filled out ever and sent it in, however it did not go through because I missed something. I really think Universal needs to make this process easier. Having said all of this, there is central billing number. I did have a problem one time with a miss placed room deposit(covid happened, I put a cancelled stay room deposit onto another trip which made it two different deposits, things got messed up by me and universal). The central number was able to track down what happened and fixed it very quickly. They have access to see transactions and where things go. The people on the phone and in the hotel have limited access to things like that in order to protect you and your credit card information. I hope you get this rectified and can understand your feelings about your stay.
That being said, I love Universal hotels…well, specifically Hard Rock…and have the opposite feelings. One too many things have gone wrong at Disney for me and I choose to stay at Hard Rock and get transportation to Disney for a couple days. I have never stayed at RPR and wonder if their service is that much different from Hard Rock. We just returned from HR and housekeeping was amazing. They were really on the ball and I felt that their cleaning has actually gone above and beyond in light of covid and staffing shortages. Based on your comments, I do not think I will be trying RPR anytime soon.

I hope everything goes smoothly!

Yup. I think you are correct. I am assuming that they didn't have that email receipt on hand when they were trying to argue their case.
We had everything on us. Multiple copies. We are wondering if it was a miscommunication/new TM as it is very much a problem at RPR

Is pre-paid + reservations for Leaky Cauldron a corona thing?

Do you not have those emails to refer to? Check your Sent folder to see what they were.

If you have confirmation, then you have the copy of what you sent. And that means you have proof of prepayment, and it's all resolvable.

Yep.
And there are even pamphlets in the room about it; or at least there were.

Our first stay we got caught in a torrential downpour, and were so so tired and confused that we misunderstood what the boat captain was saying about it. And we were embarrassed when we saw the pamphlets later on.

I assume you took it back to Jakes and had them cook it?

Hallways are hard to keep clean. Constant use, and no one wants vacuuming in the middle of the night.

CC companies usually want you to have truly tried to deal with the vendor. Since you have proof that they received what you sent, you have irrefutable proof that you paid it all already. No need to go through the CC company.

Yep. Trying to be helpful and having it backfire.
I can't help but wonder what concierge they talked to.

No.

Apparently, unless you choose to prepay.

Is she the one that booked and paid for it all? If not, it doesn't make sense for her to do this.

Yep.

Even disney has reports of trash being a problem.

February 2020, Bay Lake Tower, trays of food outside of doors for 3 days. Many other similar experiences at Disney hotels, honestly.

*Leaky Cauldron was apparently doing this right before the pandemic and it stuck.
*We do and we also print everything out multiple times as we take copies with us
*We are hoping it gets resolved soon
*No pamphlets in room.
*We actually ate in Jakes-no take out. They took it off the bill.
*What made it worse was that we saw the same pieces of dirt and paper multiple times over our stay. I’m not saying others aren’t responsible for it, but it would be nice to actually see that stuff was picked up.
*We did and it didn’t work. We were argued with. Hence why time to go through CC
*My guess is she was new to the resort. She was very knowledgeable minus the bus issues and I also asked quite a few questions. I do not blame her for this at all and have stated this multiple times in this thread.
*Yes she is the one who paid for it. Her email. Hence she is taking the reigns.
*As I have also said throughout this thread, nowhere is perfect. This was the worst stay in terms of cleanliness we have had in a long time (last time was almost ten years ago in Williamsburg VA)
*While I’ve never personally had that experience at Disney, as mentioned above I’ve had it elsewhere. I’m sorry that you went through that, and I recognize your experiences have been different from mine.

I know the email you are referring to. To clarify for everyone, you can pay your universal hotel inits entirety before arrival. However, the call agents can not do this. You call and they send you the electronic signature thing you fill out and the payment. This “paperwork” can be confusing and if you miss one little thing, it does not go through. I had this happen before where we thought we paid because we thought we filled out ever and sent it in, however it did not go through because I missed something. I really think Universal needs to make this process easier. Having said all of this, there is central billing number. I did have a problem one time with a miss placed room deposit(covid happened, I put a cancelled stay room deposit onto another trip which made it two different deposits, things got messed up by me and universal). The central number was able to track down what happened and fixed it very quickly. They have access to see transactions and where things go. The people on the phone and in the hotel have limited access to things like that in order to protect you and your credit card information. I hope you get this rectified and can understand your feelings about your stay.
That being said, I love Universal hotels…well, specifically Hard Rock…and have the opposite feelings. One too many things have gone wrong at Disney for me and I choose to stay at Hard Rock and get transportation to Disney for a couple days. I have never stayed at RPR and wonder if their service is that much different from Hard Rock. We just returned from HR and housekeeping was amazing. They were really on the ball and I felt that their cleaning has actually gone above and beyond in light of covid and staffing shortages. Based on your comments, I do not think I will be trying RPR anytime soon.
Thank you for this information. And as I’ve said to others, everyone has different experiences and I’m sorry your went through that on your end. If I ever do go back, I will most likely be at Hard Rock. But for right now, and I know it’s after one hotel stay but this is my opinion and decision, I am staying away from on property at UOR

Thank you for sharing
Since you have solved the issue on your billing questions
no need to discuss it anymore

It’s great that Orlando(Florida) has many tourist sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter