Why so much hate for the value resorts?

I've never noticed anything approaching "hate" from the overall board population. Maybe a poster or a few here and there. The boards have lots of people that stay at values and love them, people that stay at deluxes only, people that think the values are not for them, people who think the deluxes are a waste of money and every type of person in between.

Sorry I have used the word hated when it comes to Allstar Sports. We hated that resort. But enjoyed Allstar music and I LOVE POP.... Would I stay there again yes only if it was the only resort on property...
So being honest I have used that word on the boards before... Do I reqret it Yes hate is a big word. Do I will now say strongly disliked it.....
on the second hand I STRONGLY disliked Poly...

I don't hate the values, but I don't think I would stay in any of them. We travel with DS who has an ASD with hyperreactivity, a tremendous sensitivity to loud noises. He loves the parks and handles his disability there as best he can, but when we leave the theme parks, we want to leave noise behind us. Everything i've read about the values suggests that they are just louder and livelier than other properties. We also had problems at the WL because of the yelling at Whispering Canyon Cafe and the noise the boat that goes to MK makes. At the Poly, there was a lot of noise at the pool. Our top two resorts, GF and AKL, are very quiet most of the time. When the GF was under construction, the manager was able to place us in a room that was far away, so DS would be OK. It's not the values specifically that we object to; it's just loudness and all night activity.

We have stayed both value (ASMu & Pop) and deluxe (Poly & YC). I definitely prefer deluxe. YC is my resort of choice. However, we are staying at Pop in 30 days. I was out voted by the rest of the family. I have no problem staying at Pop. I like the resort a lot. Next time though, it's Mommy's choice. ;)

The values have worked well for us when we arrive late in the day and don't want to spend the extra money for a moderate or deluxe just to sleep. I like POP but do feel the rooms are small. The plus is that you still get the Disney atmosphere without a big price tag.

For me a value or moderate is a great choice if you plan on spending more time at the parks and a deluxe is great if you plan on a more leisurely vacation.

We normally stay at POR but this pas August I stayed with my DDs at ASmovies as it was our 3rd trip in a year. I find the value hotel to be too colorful but after staying there for a week, I would return in a heart beat. We love to spend time at the resort and I find POR more quiet BUT Movies was cute too for the kids and you get use to the colors. My DDs loved it. That being said, we will be a family of 6 next year and our choices when the baby gets to be 3yo will be eithere deluxe or value. You bet I will pick value. I prefer going more often then to go once in a while to a deluxe hotel. Life is too short to not live it.

We normally stay at POR but this pas August I stayed with my DDs at ASmovies as it was our 3rd trip in a year. I find the value hotel to be too colorful but after staying there for a week, I would return in a heart beat. We love to spend time at the resort and I find POR more quiet BUT Movies was cute too for the kids and you get use to the colors. My DDs loved it. That being said, we will be a family of 6 next year and our choices when the baby gets to be 3yo will be eithere deluxe or value. You bet I will pick value. I prefer going more often then to go once in a while to a deluxe hotel. Life is too short to not live it.
Or the cabins at Ft.W. That's what we plan on doing next trip.

We have never stayed in a Vaule hotel @ Disney. We arent crazy about the theming at any of the Values. We were booked at AoA for a quick fall trip next year, but changed the res to CR after thinking it through some more (we are only going for 2 days in parks...MK & Epcot so it just made sense to be at a monorail hotel). I'm sure we will end up at AoA sometime in the future, unless a villa rental at BCV or BWV is less expensive.

The value resorts just have zero appeal to us in size, theming/decor, the fact that large tour groups often stay there, and just plain how packed they always are. We spend time at our resort so it is important to us to be comfortable there. It's a huge part of the experience for us. Protecting our quiet time and relaxation is important. So prior to DVC we were deluxe people, throwing in the occasional moderate for split stays. No "hating" here, just no desire at all.

And not that it doesn't mean a bus didn't break down or anything, but the one time we used the ME we were staying at the Poly.. When we walked into the ME area the first thing I saw were the MASSES. :scared1: Then I realized what that sea of humanity was waiting for (Values) and the relief when it wasn't for my line. WHEW!

I find there are 2 groups of people that hate the Value Resorts:

1.The people who have had the unfortunate bad luck of staying there with pop warner, cheerleaders, dancers, or whatever.

2.The people who have never actually stayed there.

I've stayed at all the Values, and while I prefer the location and room size of the Deluxe Resorts, I find the Values to have a whimsical charm not found at any other Disney Resort. Unfortunately, the location and room size is a huge drawback to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter