Why pick WeGoShop or GardenGrocer over Disney?

I've used WGS since the early 2000's and always suopported them. Our last experience was not so good. Since the recent change in ownership the personal touch is lacking.

I agree that the new owner was a little less friendly than the last one.

The last owner went out of there way to make sure you understood how everything worked and was very receptive to our needs. This new one seemed a little cold and rushed through the order/process and even had some of the items substituted when specific things were requested.

Hopefully things have gotten better or we too will have to use an alternative.

OMG!! we were at Wilderness Lodge from 9-23-11 to 9-28-11 with our just 2 year old and just 4 year old. We drove so we stopped at a store before we checked in. But due to time I couldnt get anything that needed to be refrigerated. I am putting this in my vacation file.

I agree that the new owner was a little less friendly than the last one.

The last owner went out of there way to make sure you understood how everything worked and was very receptive to our needs. This new one seemed a little cold and rushed through the order/process and even had some of the items substituted when specific things were requested.

Hopefully things have gotten better or we too will have to use an alternative.

That's not good. I used it last time we were there, but it was with the old owner. Since what I want is from Whole Foods, I may try their delivery service this time. It's a little more ($30 for delivery), but I should get everything I ask for.

That's not good. I used it last time we were there, but it was with the old owner. Since what I want is from Whole Foods, I may try their delivery service this time. It's a little more ($30 for delivery), but I should get everything I ask for.

Now, see, for me, I'd rather rent a car for $30 and go to the store myself.

Then again, we rent a car for our entire stay, so the delivery stuff doesn't make sense to us. And when I was waffling on the rental car and looking at the upcharges of the deliveries (especially that WF one, zoinks!), it helped me go towards the rental car even more. We usually stay for awhile and have more than once store to go to, more than once, so it only makes sense.

Going back down in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has used WeGoShop recently?

How was the service? The experience in general? The person you dealt with? Was she the same nasty person I had last year or was she nice or someone new?

Any WeGoShop or GardenGrocer experiences are welcome.

Thanks!

I'm planning for an upcoming trip and was researching grocery services. Why do people choose to use WeGoShop or GardenGrocer instead of the grocery service provided by DVC on the dvcmember site?

I checked the price-sheet at WeGoShop and they charge $22 for the first $100 plus an additional 3% for Disney Guests. Disney only charges $5.

So the obvious choice appears to be Disney...but I can't imagine Disney being cheaper on something! So I know I'm missing something.

Disney is not necessarily 'cheaper'. Remember everything they sell is a smaller size and also variety is a huge issue. So I guess it really depends on what you want to purchase and how many people you are purchasing for. I just got back from a six night stay in a two bedroom villas with nine people. I used Garden Grocer for the groceries. Two of those guests were two years old. We needed two gallons of milk, a variety of cereal and other child specific menu items. We wanted good quality and a variety of cheeses with crackers and a specific coffeemate. Without any effort I was able to get to the 200 dollar mark where there isn't a fee. Then I went over to MouseConcierge and bought my alcohol. I found them a wonderful company to work with. Even though I was charged a fee she said that since my order was not huge I could call her again during the week if I had anything else we needed. She also gifted a bottle opener. :)

I have previously made an order with Disney and had them delivered. It's fine if you are a family of four that intends to mainly eat out but want breakfasts in room and it is nice that they can deliver before you get there and put your food away in the fridge. But it was not too much more effort to have the bell service bring up both orders and bell service 'won' by receiving a tip.

Going back down in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has used WeGoShop recently?

How was the service? The experience in general? The person you dealt with? Was she the same nasty person I had last year or was she nice or someone new?

Any WeGoShop or GardenGrocer experiences are welcome.

Thanks!

We just used Garden Grocer 3 weeks ago for the 2nd time and again everything was perfect! I got the text about the same time we got onto ME that everything was delivered and once we got to the room Bell Services brought it to us and it was great! Well worth the delivery fee, especially since we like our Pepsi products!!! We will be using them again for sure.

We just used Garden Grocer 3 weeks ago for the 2nd time and again everything was perfect! I got the text about the same time we got onto ME that everything was delivered and once we got to the room Bell Services brought it to us and it was great! Well worth the delivery fee, especially since we like our Pepsi products!!! We will be using them again for sure.

good to know, thanks for the update:thumbsup2

LOL!

No way... I was having the same thoughts.

We actually already placed our order with GG for the day we arrive. As we were going thru the list I saw the Pepsi products on sale and actually stopped to debate whether to order some.

I am a big Diet Pepsi/Diet Mountain Dew drinker myself and as you know, you can only get Coke products down there on grounds and in the parks. So it took a few minutes to snap out of the Pepsi-induced dream state I was in, but i decided not to get any in the end. I figured I could deal with the free Diet Coke as I have been doing every other trip while we are down there via Refillable mug instead of buying cans of Diet Pepsi and Diet MD. (Pepsi Gods forgive me!)

LOL!

No way... I was having the same thoughts.

We actually already placed our order with GG for the day we arrive. As we were going thru the list I saw the Pepsi products on sale and actually stopped to debate whether to order some.

I am a big Diet Pepsi/Diet Mountain Dew drinker myself and as you know, you can only get Coke products down there on grounds and in the parks. So it took a few minutes to snap out of the Pepsi-induced dream state I was in, but i decided not to get any in the end. I figured I could deal with the free Diet Coke as I have been doing every other trip while we are down there via Refillable mug instead of buying cans of Diet Pepsi and Diet MD. (Pepsi Gods forgive me!)

If I tried this with DH, I think we would all be miserable. He needs his morning Mountain Dew :rotfl2:

HUGE HUGE HUGE fans of WeGoShop. Far better service than GG, in my opinion. Such a personal service. And we have found that WeGoShop is much better at delivering your groceries at the time you choose than GG. We have always had to wait for GG. And I hate that...my husband and kids dash down to the pool while I am stuck in the villa waiting for grocery delivery (or waiting for Bell Services to bring them up if we had GG leave our order with Bell Services).

We have used WGS the last 7(?) times. And each time they are there with our order within 10 minutes of us getting into our villa. Can't ask for better than that!

I have used wegoshop several times too, and I will continue to do so. I like the fact that I can order anything I want--by brand name and size. When I looked at Garden Grocer, they didn't have diet mountain dew (which my DH wanted), so it didn't meet my needs. She has been very fair to us, and I appreciate that if I can't be at the resort to get things, she manages to have it put in storage for me (the other services probably do that too).

Love Amy and WeGoShop. They shop for what you want and also look to provide best value. They deliver on time and with a smile. I highly recommend them.

:worship:

Love Amy and WeGoShop. They shop for what you want and also look to provide best value. They deliver on time and with a smile. I highly recommend them.

I always believe in giving people second chances. Maybe next year we will give her another try.

She seemed to be going through some bad times last year and was very uncooperative and grouchy. She also made a whole bunch of substitutions of items by deciding to go to Publix because they were "cheaper", even though we had said we were unfamiliar with their brands.

Another thing was that when she arrived at the AKL, she called for me to meet her in the lobby, so she could bring the stuff up to our room, but was outside in the van and actually got upset with me for "not being able to find her" - which I also thought was a bit odd, since she said she would meet me in the lobby.

This year we went with GG because they actually had all the things we needed, but i'd be willing to give her another shot. I really liked the service when Dave ran it back in 2009 and was disappointed to find out he had moved to Texas with his family - at least that is what Amy had said.

:worship:

We love Amy too! She actually calls you to tell you she's on her way so you aren't waiting, but recently, we've had to let her leave stuff at bell services since we get there late. She's also great with squeezing you in if you forget to order something, which I do... occasionally.:rolleyes1

Tis si great info. We are looking to use these service for the first time this fall and we wer going to go with GG but know maybe I will look at WGS again to see if we can get a better deal. Either way thank you all for the comments they have been great.

Great to hear others have been happy with WeGo. Just placed an order today with Amy. In years past, I dealt with Marge who was WONDERFUL and hope for the same experience. When I placed my order, I was specific to which items could be substituted if need be and gave a second choice as well to hopefully help with the process.

Great to hear others have been happy with WeGo. Just placed an order today with Amy. In years past, I dealt with Marge who was WONDERFUL and hope for the same experience. When I placed my order, I was specific to which items could be substituted if need be and gave a second choice as well to hopefully help with the process.

Yes... Marge is Dave's wife. They were wonderful and I was sorry to hear that they moved away. :sad:

I always believe in giving people second chances. Maybe next year we will give her another try.

She seemed to be going through some bad times last year and was very uncooperative and grouchy. She also made a whole bunch of substitutions of items by deciding to go to Publix because they were "cheaper", even though we had said we were unfamiliar with their brands.

Another thing was that when she arrived at the AKL, she called for me to meet her in the lobby, so she could bring the stuff up to our room, but was outside in the van and actually got upset with me for "not being able to find her" - which I also thought was a bit odd, since she said she would meet me in the lobby.

This year we went with GG because they actually had all the things we needed, but i'd be willing to give her another shot. I really liked the service when Dave ran it back in 2009 and was disappointed to find out he had moved to Texas with his family - at least that is what Amy had said.

I had a VERY similar experience in 2010. We used WeGoShop a number of times and never had an issue. We even gave Amy a huge bottle of Captain Morgan that she had picked up for us on a previous trip that we never even cracked open. It was taking up space in our Owners Locker so we just gave it to her. She was very sweet and it was the least we could do. Until the next trip.....

Our room wasn't ready and when I told Amy we would be storing the groceries she got very snippy. She stated that she was extremely busy and "didn't have time for this". What am I supposed to do, the room wasn't ready?! I have no idea how they operate, why wouldn't they separate the groceries from the start? I have to assume this was not the first time they ran into this situation. Why wouldn't you try to fix the way you operated instead of putting the blame on the guest. So I figured if they were that busy the last thing they needed was more business. Since then I have switched to Garden Grocer and have been very happy with them.

The thing I like about Garden Grocer is you never even have to see anyone. You pay for your groceries and give them a delivery time. If you ask them to just leave everything will Bell Services they will do that and you don't have to be bothered at all. It is very convenient for us and we can go and come as we please without getting an attitude.

Also if you are looking for alcohol you can always call Beer Run in Orlando

Hmmm... anyone ever used Beer Run? DH and I are doing an "alone" trip in January w/ the DP and not visiting parks- pretty much all we need is Beer and a bottle or two of wine since we have the DP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter