• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

D! your here! Hi!!! :hug:
I have been having NIGHTMARES about this! honest to goodness NIGHTMARES i was so stressed out about it. I do have an update.

I cannot miss the halloween party. I MUST GO. it's my favorite! just want to make sure it isn't when the entire WDW guests are there!
I like my No wait times for any rides and characters!

I have to agree.. Wish you were going!

Of course I am here! Where else would I be? LOL I do try to stop in now n' then... I think I was just here last week? Maybe not? You are always first on my list of places to stop to read. :lovestruc

Well, the year hasn't even started yet, and I don't have a trip planned for next year... :scratchin So... There's that... How about planning for 15 people??? :lmao: Nah - I"ll just stalk you and show up when you least expect it... I am sure lots of us here wouldn't mind showing up. :woohoo:

D~

Oh my word. Planning for 14 people would be SO hard. I would be planning just for my family and giving them the reigns for the rest for sure!

Ch-Ch- Ch- CHANGES!

As the late and great David Bowie said.
giphy.gif

Changes happen a LOT when your planning a trip more then a year out.

How many changes have happened so far with this report???
People.
7d53c11190df699636e2e4fa6f8b6202.jpg

Resorts.
deluxe-resort-benefits-1.jpg

Restaurants.
Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-Disney-World.jpg

Dining Plan.
600-disney-dining-plan-logo.gif

Dates.
35751-2.jpg

Ya know the whole kit and caboodle.

I have been having nightmares about this trip. NIGHTMARES! and not about clown pools.

IMG_6431.jpg
About crowds, not having a very magical time- About Tom and Bryan getting into fist fights over parade spots! The Halloween party and waiting in long lines, not being able to see squat.

So i went back to research and historical dates and party times. Crowd levels.

Called Tom.
He is about done with me and my crazies. Just do whatever will make me feel better..
That didn't make me feel any better. I am wondering if i am just being neurotic. leave it alone.

After i get off work Tom calls me.
Starts asking about numbers. Numbers and Disney i can do.
After a little more talking and breaking it all down for him we decided on the following:

First we picked weird dates because of flights. Well we aren't flying anymore. We can leave whenever we want.
His BIG priority is the Halloween party. Only seeing one party for the week isn't working for him either.
So he said "Change the dates, I'll call Bryan."
OK!
I called and switched dates! We are now going from Sept 8-16 2017! We will leave Thursday the 7th after the kids get off of school get into Disney and the Polynesian Club Level on the 8th. Their Birthday!!! I feel SO MUCH BETTER.

Shoot off the email to Bryan apparently my "tone" was harsh- his reply was pretty funny and weird...
Mo,

I would like to first say thank you for doing all this leg work and info gathering for this trip. Even though I am certain you enjoy it, you still deserve a thank you.

Second, I would like to apologize for being presumptuous about inviting half the world to the party- As far as my friend Mike he is on his own, no biggy.

Third, I hope I am not putting a hiccup in your plans. This is your children’s Birthday Vacation and I do not want to taint it. Of course we would love to vacation with you guys, regardless of the date.

With that being said, my family will still have to do a Saturday - Saturday Trip.Sept. 9 - Sept. 16th. Missing the kids actually bday, but knowing it will be celebrated throughout the week. Is this still do-able?

Amy’s parents are still down for going and very excited. So let me know when you want to finalize all this financially.

Thanks again for organizing all this, we really do appreciate it.

I shot another off this morning! --

HA HA.. Are you treading lightly??? Was my email tone Bad word-- I didn't mean it to be..
I'd do anything for you guys and you know it..
1f643
I am the one who said you guys should come with us..Silly not too..
But i was driving myself bat Bad word crazy! Seriously.. Like i was having nightmares. So now we have set dates and a better week to go - i am much better.. Really i am..

well maybe..

I look at it this way:
If i am paying that much money for a vacation I better not spend all my time aggravated and sweaty hot- waiting in lines or getting pissed off at the tons of people because we cannot take 2 steps without bumping into someone- getting run over by a scooter or the popular one- being able to see a parade without a fist fight.
Same as the party.. I am not dropping more money on MORE tickets to again spend the time in lines or wanting to throat punch people.. That is not a vacation. That is Downtown Chicago on a Saturday. I can go there for a hell of lot less money.
AND i want you guys to see Disney the way you should. less crowds do whatever rides you want how many times you want- way more relaxing. Hell Tom loves Disney! Who would have thought THAT ONE??
crazy! Seriously.. Like i was having nightmares. So now we have set dates and a better week to go - i am much better.. Really i am..

well maybe..
Etc etc...

Then today we received a group text from Amy, to Tom, Bryan, and I saying their anniversary falls within the new dates!
Bryan said he had it planned all along.
HA! I gave him the web site for Disney Floral... He's in trouble..

So we are ALL back on. We are going the new dates the ONLY bad side to all of this is I will miss Tess Birthday!! I am sure we will see her.. Maybe even do something with them on the 8th to celebrate both Tess and the munchkins birthday?!?! <-- Like how i called her out there???

So here's to a good night sleep! Hopefully. Today at work has been INSANE! I have been trying to write this update since 7am.. it's now 1:34pm.. Needless to say its all jumbled and i didn't get everything written the way i intended! SORRY! Hopefully tomorrow is a slower day!

Of course I am here! Where else would I be? LOL I do try to stop in now n' then... I think I was just here last week? Maybe not? You are always first on my list of places to stop to read. :lovestruc

I know you busy and didn't have time for reading!
Thank you! :cheer2:

Well, the year hasn't even started yet, and I don't have a trip planned for next year... :scratchin So... There's that... How about planning for 15 people??? :lmao: Nah - I"ll just stalk you and show up when you least expect it... I am sure lots of us here wouldn't mind showing up. :woohoo:

ALWAYS welcomed! you know that.

Oh my word. Planning for 14 people would be SO hard. I would be planning just for my family and giving them the reigns for the rest for sure!

Nope not gonna do it.
They can all do whatever they want i can't stress about this.

Just caught up!

We love going in September and the Poly CL sounds amazing! We may actually be there the same time as you next year (I don't have the dates set) but our APs expire Sep 16 so it has to be prior to that. I've been holding off on booking for next year but only because we have 2 trips this year. :rotfl:

And I'm with you on that pool its terrifying :clown:

I know this was probably awhile back in the PTR, but we're 3 year season passholders at Six Flags and we canceled ours this year after going to the one in NJ. We have 2 closer and we've done them to death so the one in NJ is 3.5 hours away. Well it was so crowded we left at 8 am and didn't get in till 4 pm. The traffic jams were huge and the lines moved really slowly with everyone pushing and shoving. Employees didn't care or were totally absent. By the time we go there the lines were crazy and the one I wanted to go on was closed for the day. So we went to eat and they assured my boyfriend the fries were gluten free and had a dedicated fryer. 5 minutes later he got so sick we had to leave. Not the first time that's happened at a Six Flags but usually he notices asap. You would think they would either have training or know to ask a manager instead of saying things are allergen free when their not. The park was also very dirty. :sad2:

I took a survey on my park visit after and let them know all about it but never heard anything else from them. Luckily his allergy isn't life threatening. So we canceled our passes. (Although you still have to pay for them 45 days after you cancel which is ridiculous).

He is about done with me and my crazies. Just do whatever will make me feel better..

Yeah, I've been told that before. It's really less helpful than they think.

Starts asking about numbers. Numbers and Disney i can do.

Yes! Going in the right direction!

We will leave Thursday the 7th after the kids get off of school get into Disney and the Polynesian Club Level on the 8th. Their Birthday!!! I feel SO MUCH BETTER.

:cool1:

That is not a vacation. That is Downtown Chicago on a Saturday. I can go there for a hell of lot less money.

::yes::

Hell Tom loves Disney! Who would have thought THAT ONE??

I hope my DH joins this band wagon! :earseek:

Bryan said he had it planned all along.

Lol! Of course he did! Men.

Hopefully tomorrow is a slower day!

Amen to that!

I'm glad you guys were able to work out dates that suit everyone. This sounds like it's gonna be a stellar vacation.party:

So glad you are settled on dates and so are your friends. :lovestruc

I justed settled on dates for going this November. The hell I put my husband through figuring out and changing all the variables. lol.:o

I'm glad that you are still going with them. :) I was worried that someone was going to bail.

After taking several trips with my grown kids and their families, my two daughters prefer to just overlap their trip with ours for a few days so that they can have the rest of the time to themselves. :)

Sometimes a little BAD WORD tone puts things into perspective to other people--like settle down, dang it, you're ruining my magical trip planning!!!! Glad you got things sorted out. How AMAZING to arrive ON the kiddos' actual birthday :) You'll be all settled in before the rest of the crew arrive. Way to go!

I'm glad you got your dates settled. I much prefer to go the first week in September because I've found the crowds to be less that week, but the 2nd week is good too. We did the 2nd week last year and also went to the first party that week. I won't ever go on the first night again, because the cms didn't seem to know that they were supposed to be checking for wristbands and I saw several people without them - earlier on but still.

I'm sure our dates will overlap and I would be honored to spend some time with the munchkins on their birthday!

Just caught up!

Wow.. That's impressive! HA HA!

We love going in September and the Poly CL sounds amazing! We may actually be there the same time as you next year (I don't have the dates set) but our APs expire Sep 16 so it has to be prior to that. I've been holding off on booking for next year but only because we have 2 trips this year. :rotfl:

I cannot wait to stay at the Poly!! It's going to be so BEAUTIFUL!
I am bummed we have NOTHING this year! You have 2! That's fantastic! What are the plans for your two trips?!? and can i go with??? LOL
I do hope we can do a Dis meet! It was be FUN!

And I'm with you on that pool its terrifying

Isn't it? Horrifying!

I know this was probably awhile back in the PTR, but we're 3 year season passholders at Six Flags and we canceled ours this year after going to the one in NJ. We have 2 closer and we've done them to death so the one in NJ is 3.5 hours away. Well it was so crowded we left at 8 am and didn't get in till 4 pm. The traffic jams were huge and the lines moved really slowly with everyone pushing and shoving. Employees didn't care or were totally absent. By the time we go there the lines were crazy and the one I wanted to go on was closed for the day. So we went to eat and they assured my boyfriend the fries were gluten free and had a dedicated fryer. 5 minutes later he got so sick we had to leave. Not the first time that's happened at a Six Flags but usually he notices asap. You would think they would either have training or know to ask a manager instead of saying things are allergen free when their not. The park was also very dirty. :sad2:

See? Six Flags is JUNK! Im glad to know it's not just here it's a dirty place. Very disappointing. I haven't canceled the season's pass YET The kids like the rides. so i will take them when we have nothing to do..(yeah when is that?) and i want to go for Halloween one day We haven't done that in about 10 years!

I took a survey on my park visit after and let them know all about it but never heard anything else from them. Luckily his allergy isn't life threatening. So we canceled our passes. (Although you still have to pay for them 45 days after you cancel which is ridiculous).

It is ridicules! NO compassion for their guests! Six flags is a joke.

Yeah, I've been told that before. It's really less helpful than they think.

Truly. When i am in my crazy planning going overboard i need him to talk me off the ledge. At least it dawned on him later in the day

Yes! Going in the right direction!

Numbers with Disney? I am an expert. (or not) we shall see when the trip comes.

I hope my DH joins this band wagon! :earseek:

I do too.. It really helps to have that support!

Lol! Of course he did! Men.

This went on all night... it was pretty humorous. He is a goof.
I will make him do something special!!

Amen to that!

I'm glad you guys were able to work out dates that suit everyone. This sounds like it's gonna be a stellar vacation.

Me too I was really worried about the goofy dates we had. they were just off! I wasn't comfortable with them at all.
This is going to be something to write about.. with a LOT of censorship.

pin2414

So glad you are settled on dates and so are your friends. :lovestruc

Me too! it was a bit stressful

I justed settled on dates for going this November. The hell I put my husband through figuring out and changing all the variables. lol.:o

I can totally relate! it's rough! you need to pick THE perfect time to ensure your going to have the most magical time!!

I'm glad that you are still going with them. :) I was worried that someone was going to bail.

Me too.. So glad it all worked itself out. i just need to relax!!
I am so happy Tom will have a buddy to pal around with too.. HE needs it! After all MY Dis meets and things (not that he doesn't like them) He deserves to hang out with HIS friends!

After taking several trips with my grown kids and their families, my two daughters prefer to just overlap their trip with ours for a few days so that they can have the rest of the time to themselves. :)

That's not a bad thought either! you have the best of both worlds! First with the whole family then making memories with the immediate family! I WISH i could get my parents out there.

Sometimes a little BAD WORD tone puts things into perspective to other people--like settle down, dang it, you're ruining my magical trip planning!!!! Glad you got things sorted out. How AMAZING to arrive ON the kiddos' actual birthday :) You'll be all settled in before the rest of the crew arrive. Way to go!

There are going to be a lot of bad words going into this. I may loose a lot of hair. My nails are already GONE. and i normally have long nails!! Oh well.. If i start playing with ADR'S now maybe it wont be SO bad when we have to get them done? na. I will still go batty. i know me.

I'm glad you got your dates settled. I much prefer to go the first week in September because I've found the crowds to be less that week, but the 2nd week is good too. We did the 2nd week last year and also went to the first party that week. I won't ever go on the first night again, because the cms didn't seem to know that they were supposed to be checking for wristbands and I saw several people without them - earlier on but still.

Me too. I was going stupid. loosing brain cells over it and i don't have many left to loose.
Now your killing me! it's LESS the week i had?!? I cannot stress about it anymore. We have to stay put now. Otherwise i might scare them away along with my family leaving me in a hospital room somewhere.
That scares me. The first party night! loads of people now mix in the CM who aren't trained properly?! that's hell right there!

I'm sure our dates will overlap and I would be honored to spend some time with the munchkins on their birthday!

Like how i called you out on that??
Good i would love to be able to spend the birthday with you and Charlie!!!

I have a lot of free time at work to read TR's...and change trip plans. Probably too much because I change something (or many things) every week. :rotfl2:

I agree I love the Poly we're doing 1 night there in December (the rest at Coronado) as a birthday present to my boyfriend.

Aw we had to wait a year between this trip and the last and it was hard :cool: I feel for you.

We're going in September 16-22. First two days are at Sapphire Falls because we're doing HHN/Universal but going over to Disney one night for Club Villain. On the 18th-22nd we move to CBR and we're doing Mnsshp, Star Wars dessert party, and Food and Wine (first time for food and wine)!

In December we're going the 9th-17th. 9-13th staying at CSR then 1 night at the Poly and the rest at Portofino Bay over at Universal. We're doing the Wild Africa Trek, MVMCP, and the Christmas carriage ride.

Originally we were doing a week in December and a weekend in September but it evolved over time :scratchin December was supposed to be the more extravagent of the two because it's partially for my boyfriends birthday, but there were so many things to add to September too :rotfl:

And we already booked a Disney cruise for my birthday next year so I know we'll plan a trip around it and then one last trip in September before they expire.

We decided on doing two trips a year for these two years but we have to go less or skip a year after so we can save some money for boring adult stuff :crazy2: (And we want to go to California that was supposed to be this year but WDW won out again).

A Dis meet would be fun!

I hope the Halloween stuff is good at that Six Flags! We've been to a few and they were okay but I know some of the bigger ones are supposed to be pretty good. My boyfriend hates Six Flags though after our last trip though, poor thing. :sad2: If you say you want to cancel they offer it to you at a very low price with parking included (we paid monthly) but with the monthly ones you have to keep them for a year so we decided it wasn't worth it.

I have a lot of free time at work to read TR's...and change trip plans. Probably too much because I change something (or many things) every week.

HA! I just make time.. while being annoyed by the morons who surrounding me. I need some Dis time or i will loose my MIND!

I agree I love the Poly we're doing 1 night there in December (the rest at Coronado) as a birthday present to my boyfriend.

Ohhhhhhhhhh that's awesome!! Yes the Poly is my all time favorite!!

Aw we had to wait a year between this trip and the last and it was hard :cool: I feel for you.

It HURTS!!! I mean i am not going ANYWHERE! so i will sit here and just plan an amazing trip for next year! i do have to pay for this crazy expensive trip!

We're going in September 16-22. First two days are at Sapphire Falls because we're doing HHN/Universal but going over to Disney one night for Club Villain. On the 18th-22nd we move to CBR and we're doing Mnsshp, Star Wars dessert party, and Food and Wine (first time for food and wine)!

You do know my dates are the 8-16?!?! the dessert party looks amazing! I cannot wait for it! i have been reading everything i can for it! i am in love with it more and more!!! now to plan the TS for the morning! because i plan on eating and drinking until i burst...

In December we're going the 9th-17th. 9-13th staying at CSR then 1 night at the Poly and the rest at Portofino Bay over at Universal. We're doing the Wild Africa Trek, MVMCP, and the Christmas carriage ride.

This sounds like the adventure of the century!

Originally we were doing a week in December and a weekend in September but it evolved over time :scratchin December was supposed to be the more extravagent of the two because it's partially for my boyfriends birthday, but there were so many things to add to September too :rotfl:

Don't all disney trip evolve at some point? and ALWAYS something to add??? Just wait until Avatarland opens!

And we already booked a Disney cruise for my birthday next year so I know we'll plan a trip around it and then one last trip in September before they expire.

this is on my bucket list! You have to tell me EVERYTHING about the cruise! So excited for you!!

We decided on doing two trips a year for these two years but we have to go less or skip a year after so we can save some money for boring adult stuff :crazy2: (And we want to go to California that was supposed to be this year but WDW won out again).

Same here! As you read i was supposed to go to DL in January. Kids vetoed it for U.S.

A Dis meet would be fun!

Your dates aren't in Disney when we are!!

I hope the Halloween stuff is good at that Six Flags! We've been to a few and they were okay but I know some of the bigger ones are supposed to be pretty good. My boyfriend hates Six Flags though after our last trip though, poor thing. :sad2: If you say you want to cancel they offer it to you at a very low price with parking included (we paid monthly) but with the monthly ones you have to keep them for a year so we decided it wasn't worth it.

really? So i need to call them and threaten me canceling?!?! I like that!!

My life is crazy.

Yesterday i poured over the Star wars Dessert party (not it's technical name but you get the idea)

The more and more i read on it the more and more i am EXCITED for it! There are a lot more desserts here than the Wishes one! although i do like the seating rather then standing at the weird tables.
Whatever i will have my handy dandy camera and tripod for some phenomenal pictures.. I hope.

I looked on Disney Floral since it will be Bryan and Amy's anniversary while we are there and lo and behold---
Because i foresee me winning the lotto --
They came out with new in-room celebrations.. a bit more expensive then the normal one.. But still i love it:

MC1030_dt.jpg

Which you can read and see what it entails here:
IN ROOM CELEBRATION

I wouldn't get everything they have in there (like the bug glasses?) but i want the bags!!! So flipping cute!
We did it once before and was the most magical party ever! just loved it!

So yes my family will be living on Ramon noodles for the next year... LOL!

This is going to be a hectic weekend!
Most of you know my life is pretty busy. i don't even write about it anymore.
Except for this weekend!
Today i am leaving early to go shopping for YUMMY BBQ food! then off to the kids football cheerleading (The Bulldogs) meeting which i really want to go to because they are talking about buying helmets and I WANT this helmet for my kids!! My kids heads are important!!
I am sure there will be drinking. NO TALK OF DISNEY I refuse! NO MORE PEOPLE!
Tomorrow is our annual block party.. there will be 3 jump houses a water slide and a mechanical bull. You can just image how this will be..
Sunday i plan on detoxing!

So i hope you all have a MAGICAL WEEKEND!! Right now i am stalking an auction on Facebook for the bags i LOVE to carry in the parks.. if you want to check it out
: serendipi D

You do know my dates are the 8-16?!?! the dessert party looks amazing! I cannot wait for it! i have been reading everything i can for it! i am in love with it more and more!!! now to plan the TS for the morning! because i plan on eating and drinking until i burst...

Your dates are next year right? The 16th-22nd are our dates for this year. If we go September next year we have to go prior to the 16th because that's when our APs will expire. I won't know exact dates till when I can request time off for next year in Jan. But it'll probably be 9-10 days after Labor day weekend (we can't take that off at my job) and before the 16th. So we probably will be there the same time!

Don't all disney trip evolve at some point? and ALWAYS something to add??? Just wait until Avatarland opens!

Yes! Mine evolve constantly :rotfl:

this is on my bucket list! You have to tell me EVERYTHING about the cruise! So excited for you!!

It's a short cruise and I've never been on one before, but I hope it's awesome! I'll do a TR after. I already started a PTR over on the cruise board but I probably started it way too early.

really? So i need to call them and threaten me canceling?!?! I like that!!

That would probably work too. We paid monthly (around like $6.50 or so) and had it set up online so when I went to the website and entered my pass number and said I wanted to cancel it kept giving me different offers like "are you sure you want to cancel we can give it to you for 4.99 a month" and then if you said you were still sure it changed to like "3.99 with free parking" or something. I don't know if the reason you give them helps, but I think I said we wanted to become passholders elsewhere.

Tomorrow is our annual block party.. there will be 3 jump houses a water slide and a mechanical bull. You can just image how this will be..
This sounds like a great block party, especially with a mechanical bull. Grown ups need to have fun, too. ;)

Everything I read about the Star Wars dessert party seems fantastic! But stupid me didn't decide to try to book it until a week or two ago, and there is no availability on my dates!! Wah!!! I know I'm a whiner. I've been obsessively checking for openings now so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have fun at the block party, sounds like it will be a great time!

LOVE LOVE LOVE in-room celebrations!!! We did one and had it delivered on Christmas Eve for Jimmy when we went in 2013. I left out our stockings which he didn't know I had brought from home and a letter from Santa, too. They incorporated our stuff into the decorations they put out, and when we came back Jimmy couldn't believe Santa found us in Florida and even left us our very own stockings. SO MAGICAL!!! I've been stalking over the Disney Florist page for ideas for this Christmas!!

Hope the block party was a blast!! We're on vacation, too, but haven't gotten to detox-mode.....yet.

Your dates are next year right? The 16th-22nd are our dates for this year. If we go September next year we have to go prior to the 16th because that's when our APs will expire. I won't know exact dates till when I can request time off for next year in Jan. But it'll probably be 9-10 days after Labor day weekend (we can't take that off at my job) and before the 16th. So we probably will be there the same time!

oh oh! sorry i misunderstood your dates.. Then again i have been screwing up dates for a while now.. hard to get 2016 ideas for 2017 then when talking about them i get the years all jacked up! I am all over Dis meets!

Yes! Mine evolve constantly :rotfl:

Always.

It's a short cruise and I've never been on one before, but I hope it's awesome! I'll do a TR after. I already started a PTR over on the cruise board but I probably started it way too early.

i cant wait to hear all about it!
I want to do a cruise one year.. Gah i have tons on a bucket list with just Disney alone!

That would probably work too. We paid monthly (around like $6.50 or so) and had it set up online so when I went to the website and entered my pass number and said I wanted to cancel it kept giving me different offers like "are you sure you want to cancel we can give it to you for 4.99 a month" and then if you said you were still sure it changed to like "3.99 with free parking" or something. I don't know if the reason you give them helps, but I think I said we wanted to become passholders elsewhere.

Hummm I am going to check into this! THANK YOU!!!

This sounds like a great block party, especially with a mechanical bull. Grown ups need to have fun, too. ;)

OMG it was the best so far!

Everything I read about the Star Wars dessert party seems fantastic! But stupid me didn't decide to try to book it until a week or two ago, and there is no availability on my dates!! Wah!!! I know I'm a whiner. I've been obsessively checking for openings now so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have fun at the block party, sounds like it will be a great time!

Oh NO! I do hope you get tickets!!! More and more i read about it i cannot pass it up!!! just look amazing!

LOVE LOVE LOVE in-room celebrations!!! We did one and had it delivered on Christmas Eve for Jimmy when we went in 2013. I left out our stockings which he didn't know I had brought from home and a letter from Santa, too. They incorporated our stuff into the decorations they put out, and when we came back Jimmy couldn't believe Santa found us in Florida and even left us our very own stockings. SO MAGICAL!!! I've been stalking over the Disney Florist page for ideas for this Christmas!!

Hope the block party was a blast!! We're on vacation, too, but haven't gotten to detox-mode.....yet.

I agree 100%! LOVE the in room celebrations! I know you have pictures please post them!
Yes i am going to do it again.. fun since i can customize it for the three of them!!
Going to be magical!

Oh the block party... I am still trying to recover.

Drinking gets me in trouble.

Hello all my faithful Dis readers! Tis I the one who cannot shut the mouth while drinking! :drinking1

Friday.
Which was the Bulldog open meeting. Tom being the head coach and the fact that 95% of the board are good friends of mine they asked to go. so of course i went. I only had like 3 beers.. I PROMISE.
I was more intrigued to see if their equipment manager would show up he hasn't all year. I have to tell you here.. I cannot stand this guy... Actually i cannot stand the entire family. They are the main reason i quit the baseball board years ago. very long story. but in the end. The ENTIRE family is.. Insert a very bad word not appropriate for the dis. I have written many complaints to the board on his actions as a coach AND as an equipment manager. All year he has YET to show up to a meeting, the board of directors constantly complain about him. of course me being me.. Throw it right back at them- your the ones who keep him. So stop complaining to me about them. then i get all hot headed and blow up about them all over again.. I believe they like watching me explode.

tumblr_nut9hbue4T1uv3s78o9_r1_250.gif

So as i was sitting there enjoying my
DSC_0018.jpg

a MUST summer drink.

In walks the human turd.
I just start steaming. just he site of him alone just infuriates me.

giphy.gif

I sat clear on the other side of the room from him. As the meeting went on there were some pretty headed conversations.. the MAIN reason of my being there is the equipment.
I want to make sure my kids are in the best equipment possible. which lead to more heated arguments. who's better- prices etc. Again i don't care if the equipment costs 75.00 or 200.00 what are the the safest pads and helmets? well i was told the president and i would have a conversation on what's best later.. as there were more pressing matters at hand..
Which i about blew up.. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN?!?!
whatever.. I was unhappy.. but obliged. i really am not difficult.. REALLY i'm NOT!
Then mr president went to the equipment manager and started asking questions. Is the first aid kit ready. - he didn't know that was part of HIS job... Um yes it it. Nope he didn't have that ready.
what is the inventory of the equipment? he had nothing the president had all the information but was setting him up to fail. and he did. Which of COURSE just made me that more:

giphy.gif

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! there is NOTHING ready for practice which STARTS ON MONDAY as in TODAY!
That was it i had to leave.. I could NOT stay there any longer. My safety of my children are now in the hands of the utmost moronic jerk. I had to get out of there..

Well as you can imagine the steam was billowing out of my ears and Mr president came over to calm me down.. I was glaring at him. then he said:
I am going to tell you something right now that NO ONE knows.
Huh? My one eyebrow is now up. you have piqued my interest.

giphy.gif

Go on. I cannot breath a word. - um yeah i am no longer in high school.. Spill it.

during the meeting at about the 30 minute mark Mr President called a smoke break.
During said smoke break the equipment manager passed a letter to Mr president.
The letter was his resignation.

giphy.gif

Holy crow. that happened. which then told me that yes there is first aid. Yes they have been having meetings with different companies in regards to safety equipment -which i knew about. wanted to know more in the meeting. We will talk later.. Like tomorrow.
Mr. President is Peanut's coach for softball and a good friend of mine.

I went home. I had to cook dinner and get the food together-- The next day was the BLOCK PARTY!

Tom and i discussed and laughed about him resigning! WOW! No more trying to relive your childhood years! Idgit.

SATURDAY!
I knew i had to get up early. the permit for the block party was from 8am-11pm. about 7:30 i finally rolled out of bed.
COFFEE.
i went out for a cigarette and the jump houses started to show up. CRAP this is EARLY.. too early for all this! well time to block off the street. My battelship and Tom's car blocked one end and friends of ours on the other. (which is silly as i live on a one way street)

4 jump houses later one in front of my house one two doors down. then a huge water slide and a smaller one on the end of the block.

Next i see red sirens.
The local firemen came out with the trucks! That was awesome. something about firemen ya know?
Thank goodness i had showered already...
they stayed for about 2 hours! kids all over the place pictures taken. I HAD to have a picture of Logan with them all! It was fun and we love our firemen!!
obviously it was time to get ready mowed the lawn- my special hamburgers- bacon wrapped hot dogs- salads- Chicken wrapped in bacon marinaded in teriyaki/honey skewers--whatever else as there was a LOT of food.

people were all out the kids all over the streets jump houses my kids friends started showing up. Yet about 6 is when the party started. the mechanical bull showed we alone had about 12 kids and 16 adults at our house. the entire block was PACKED!! we had an amazing time. the weather was PERFECT the food was beyond amazing. Company was stellar- the alcohol was a plenty.
Most of the party was people i have mentioned- my bulldog friends bryan Amy and their crew chunk etc.
As we were sitting there a light bulb shined over Mr President (Roger) head. "I KNEW i forgot something" what? there is nothing missing here. we are surrounded by everything one could possibly need.
The Roger's wife (kristy) shows me the text he remembered to send out to the bulldog board members- How the Equipment manager resigned- how they are looking for a new one. Mind you 90% of the bulldog board members are AT MY BLOCK PARTY.. All eyes on me..
oh hell No. Yet they have been giving me grief about getting on the board since last year. I JOKING tell them I will do it IF you fire the equipment manager... Hot diggety dog did that come back and bite me. yeah fine. sure.. Yeah..
I shake it off thinking they wont remember it in the morning.
As we are all sitting laughing and having a good ol time. people started to bring out their music.
Mexican polka music. I HATE POLKA SOUNDING MUSIC! theirs were all drowning out our music.
Next thing i know one of our friends takes off -I'll be right back-
ugh oh..
oh he came back alright.. with an entire sound system. we won the music battle. all the surrounding neighbors came up and thanked us! we were dying! so funny.
before we knew it 11pm hit. we moved the cars. and moved the chairs-bean bag game to the sidewalk.
Bryan brings up Disney. Tell's Amy's brother (i went to school with him) about how we are all going next year. Then tell's him he has to book his own since i am HIS personal planner. I about fell over laughing.

1:30am i looked at everyone and said. GOODNIGHT.

Sunday.
This was hurtful I didn't do anything except heat up leftover for lunch. Matt wanted to surprise his Brother and Sister with Sunday SUNDAE'S! we ran over to the store and grabbed 4 different ice cream flavors-3 different toppings- whipped cream-cherries- some candy stuff and HARD SHELL chocolate! I haven't had that since i was a kid.
I did throw in some stuffed peppers just in case they wanted real dinner.
This is when the texts started.
To take the position on the board for Equipment Director.
No.
please
No.
but you have to
No.
you wont have to do anything
BS. No.
OK you will get all the help you need.
No.
on and on this went
finally i was getting TIRED
FINE I WILL DO IT.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that is how i turned into the biggest moron on the planet. Tom is laughing hysterically at me.
Never liked the guy.

tumblr_n0ye6rcqEO1rbtcdko1_500.gif

So i now have to go and educate myself on Football equipment.

Love you all talk soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter