• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do they charge for more then 2 adults in a room?

lfmb

Earning My Ears
I was just curious as to why disney charges for more then 2 adults in the room? Whenever I stayed at the disney hotels and I had an extra adult with me I was always charged more, about 25 more a night.

I wonder if people have not told the truth about about how many adults are in the room. I have always been up front about it but I wonder if there are others who were not.

I'm just curious about the extra fee.

p.s. I'm not new here I just don't post often and when I go back I have to log in again under a different name.

It's pretty standard in the industry. Some places even charge for ANYTHING more then two people in the room, even infants!

I do'nt know why, it's just one of thsoe things that's been done for years and has become an industry stadard.

BTW--if you are renting DVC points you can have as many adults as your unit will hold with no extra fees.

As far as people not fessing up to the number of adults in a room, I'm sure it happens more often than not. I think if you wait until checkin and tell them then they do'nt always charge you. My friends and I went to Las Vegas last year. We were four adults in a hotel room, originally booked as two. When we went to check in we told them we had two extras. We were going to pay the additional fee, but they guy at the desk told us not to worry about it. I didn't argue with him :) I think you'll often get the same results at WDW. But it's a chance you take.

Anne

BTW--if you are renting DVC points you can have as many adults as your unit will hold with no extra fees.

There are no extra fees for extra people at any of the Home Away From Home resorts when you reserve through WDW either, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Cabins. Of course, the cabins are the only ones that aren't a DVC property.

What surprises me is that WDW doesn't charge extra for weekends. Most hotels charge much higher rates for Fri. & Sat. nights.

Again, the only one that varies from that are the Home Away From Home resorts that are also DVC properties. In that case you only pay a higher rate if you're renting points.

Go figure....:confused:

as many adults as your unit will hold

Ummm...you might want to re-phrase that...I got a mental picture of stuffing a phone booth with people when I read that!;)

Originally posted by peachgirl
What surprises me is that WDW doesn't charge extra for weekends. Most hotels charge much higher rates for Fri. & Sat. nights.

True to a degree. Some business hotels actually offer incredible deals on the weekend because their core customer is gone and they are trying to make the nut. But your right, I'm almost suprised that WDW hasn't...oh never mind, let's not give them any ideas :eek: :confused: :(

Originally posted by peachgirl
Ummm...you might want to re-phrase that...I got a mental picture of stuffing a phone booth with people when I read that!;)

LOL!

Anne

Most hotels set their rates for 'double occupancy', so when you add an extra person the rate goes up, but in theory the per person rate goes down ( if each person is paying for themselves).

I guess part of the theory is that if three adults are sharing a room, they would each be paying for themselves rather than the assumption that two people in a room would be a couple.

Alot of packages are set up for double occupancy and when a person goes single the price shoots up, becasue the hotel/resort is expecting to make 'x' amount per room.

It's not only Disney. We stay at a hotel in central Massachusetts quite often. They just started charging $10 per kid, per night extra. Any age too!

WDW charges by season, so no need for the weekend rate.

Last year my then 19yo DS had to pay the extra $25! Well, I paid! You know those college kids! When we go back next spring, we will be paying again. He will be 20 then! Yikes! I am ready for him to be on his own. LOL!! Don't know why a dependent under 21 should be charged. I could see if me and three of my friends went and split the cost of the room, but this is my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter