WHY do I have such a hard time getting anything done?

beaucoup

DIS Veteran
When I was younger, I could focus & complete tasks. Then came information overload, the internet & all this multitasking. My brain no longer can focus on anything. Brain is fried. I can't complete anything.

This isn't just computer related. It happens with everything!

Tell me I am not alone.

You are not alone as far as getting things done.

Sometimes, try as I might, I just can't ge

You're not alone.I won't ask your age,but it just gets worse.It's one of the reasons old people are crabby.;)

I found that right around when I hit 40, I became way more tired than I ever was (I'm 44). As in, I wanted to sit down during the day, whereas I never, ever just "sat down" in my 30's. I probably couldn't then, as my kids were young and I was always doing something w/ them. With this "sitting" that I do now, came a lack of motivation. I'm just plain exhausted sometimes, physically and emotionally, and I just could care less if I get some things done.

I keep thinking "I should exercise, I'll have more energy"... but I'm not motivated enough! I just want to relax, sip my coffee, read my DIS, play w/ my kids and pets, and that's about it.

It's not just you!

I'm the same way and often tell DH this is my most frustrating thing as a WAHM.

I always get distracted by something before I finish what I started, and it takes me twice as long to get anything done because of it. I have 2 jobs I do from home, am full-time at school and have 2 young sons (~3 & 20 months)...

My oldest started frantically pounding on the washer door today saying "Milk, mommy, milk"... Luckily I hadn't started the washer yet (because I got distracted getting dinner in the crockpot) but I'd apparently refilled his cup and tossed it in the washer instead of giving it back to him. Sigh. I hear it only gets worse? Wonderful.

I'm the same way and often tell DH this is my most frustrating thing as a WAHM.

I always get distracted by something before I finish what I started, and it takes me twice as long to get anything done because of it. I have 2 jobs I do from home, am full-time at school and have 2 young sons (~3 & 20 months)...

My oldest started frantically pounding on the washer door today saying "Milk, mommy, milk"... Luckily I hadn't started the washer yet (because I got distracted getting dinner in the crockpot) but I'd apparently refilled his cup and tossed it in the washer instead of giving it back to him. Sigh. I hear it only gets worse? Wonderful.

that's great!! :rotfl2:

I've put things in the refrigerator that don't belong there (like if I'm on my way to the cabinet to put a bowl away, get distracted at the fridge, and just put the bowl in there). I'll find it later and think "why the heck is this empty bowl in here????"

we're talking about what's for dinner tonight. :rotfl:

really? i thought we were discussing what type of rake we like to use in the spring.....baked chicken and green beans.

Anyway...I often times have too many things going at once. I even have 2 separate conversations going with the same person at the same time.
I figure its just a lot to do and not enough time to do it. I don't think you are alone. I am 51. My 30 year old self wouldn't be able to keep up with me. :hyper:

I've read that a Motivational Buddy or more accurately an Accountability Buddy is a great idea. I need one. Do we have a thread like that here already?

My suggestion: get a blood test. It could be a vit D or an Iron deficiency or a thyroid issue.

My suggestion: get a blood test. It could be a vit D or an Iron deficiency or a thyroid issue.

I take my daily vitamins. And using My Fitness Pal app, between the foods I eat, my vitamins amounts exceeded recommended each day.

Have had thyroid checked before, but will be mentioning this to doctor when I go in for annual checkup with her.

I know my problem. Dh just came home from having a heart bypass surgery, dd who's 6 mos pregnant and has a 15mos old came in to "help" and I have a 17yr ds who is car crazy. I fixed me a salad just now and almost but the lettuce back in the cabinet withthe bowls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter