• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why didn't the CM tell me?

Simbee3

DIS Veteran
Called Disney dining earlier this evening to change an ADR, after a long pleasent conversation with the CM, I was told that I should have added my 10 month old to my reservations. So she added her for the revised ressie and unfortunately couldn't do it for the rest of them. Due to the fact that every restuarant that I had booked already, was booked solid.
She then went on to tell me to just to arrive 10-15 minutes before, and tell them about the baby. She said that I wouldn't be turned away,that I would just may have to wait a little longer than usual.
What do you guys think? Should I now be worried? :confused:

I did the same thing in 2004 when I had a 2 yr old. We showed up like usual to our restaurants and not one of them turned us away, we didn't have long waits either. We were a party of 5 including the baby and all of our ressies were for a party of 4.
Hope this relieves some anxiety for you!
Andrea

I'm really surprised that the first CM made such a mistake by not adding your infant. Hopefully others on the boards will realize that all means ALL when dining. I don't know about waits your will encounter as we always add our infant granddaughter to all of our ADRs--Even when she wasn't even able to sit in a highchair yet. Good luck and let us know how this works out for you.

I cant really see how thats gonna hold you up much, I mean honestly all they have to do is grab a highchair so dont worry about! Have a great trip!

the 1st ADR I made for this trip the CM told us not to count the youngest (and he is 3 but he still sits in a High Chair) when I made all my other ADR's they counted him as a person so if we have trouble with the one that says 4 I'll be sad I made that ADR 1st because it was where I wanted to go most ... I called gave our whole week and said watever day and time we can get in I will work around it. Then I planned the rest of the days accordingly

I often run in to this problem when seating at my rest. A baby ''takes up space" !! Even if they aren't eating there still has to be a spot for the baby to go. Some configurations in rest.s don't allow for simply allowing a highchair on the end of a table. Although it is a little different in WDW than what I deal with in our tiny place. I have had customers upset with me when all of the sudden after waiting 20 minutes or so for a table for 4 they all of the sudden tell me that an infant is involved and then have to wait longer for a table for 5 as we aren't allowed highchairs on the "end" of tables.

Was just gonna say the same thing ^^^^.....A baby takes up a seat at a table. The high chair is still a SEAT. I'm not quite sure why one would not think to include their kids when making reservations....this could mean the difference between seating you at a table for 2 or a table for 4,6...etc. :confused3 ...

Even if it is an infant that will sit in your lap they need to be on the reservation. Reason being that Florida Fire Code only allows so many bodies in a building at one time. The infant needs to be counted by law as a 'person' on the reservation.

Uggg. I called yesterday to reconfirm my ards and there confirmation numbers. One of my 7 ards is for 4 people instead of five. How did that happen :confused3 ? I made all of my ards at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter