Why did you choose your particular DISboard name?

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
I'm often wondering why someone is called a particular name here on the Disboards. I think mine is fairly obvious since I am a photographer and I once was a girl :lmao: (still am a little girl at heart) but many of you already know me as Lisa.

I know why we don't use our names, but would love to hear the story behind why you chose your particular Disboard name....

Well mine is a bit straightforward too. I am aussie (obviously) and me and my brood are all girls - hence aussiegirls. In real life I am known as Michelle :lmao::lmao::lmao:

xxx

Mine's also very straightforward. I'm a princess: living in Australia :upsidedow...

And I loved Alice In Wonderland when I was a child ....so, PrincessInOz.
Plus I get to use the smilies and can sign myself as "princess downunder" (upsidedown), which people know me by on the games board. :rotfl2:
And we are using each others names on the games board; so I love the idea!

princess::upsidedow

Mine evolved from my first (and now long defunct as I needed a more 'professional' one) email address which was queenamidala82.
Yes. A Star Wars fan I am.
The new Star Wars film had just come out and I really loved the costumes the character Queen Amidala was wearing and thought she was cool.
When I moved to sites which had logins and nicks I started with this and then later on I shortened it to queenie82 for things.

There is another reason it was shortened though...and that has a Disney link.
The Queen - from Snow White. Whether on purpose or not things always come back around to Disney.
It is something of a running joke that my mum's alter ego is The Queen as she likes to 'eat people for tea' rather than 'eat tea with people' (or whatever that personality thing in the Animation area of DHS question says) and as her daughter I am to inherit that title :rotfl: :lmao:

Some places I add 'snow' because 1 - I love snow and 2 - The Queen is also known as the Snow queen.

I'm a complicated person :rolleyes:

Mine is simple and very obvious! I'm a Mum (of three gorgeous girls) and I love to travel :cool1: But really, I'm Joanna :)

I was over-thinking the Disney thing when I registered and I love Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty. In the movie when they introduce the 3 fairies, they call them "Mistress Flora", "Mistress Fauna", and "Mistress Merryweather".

I'm Tina everywhere else.
:wave:

Not too hard to work mine out. I'm not as inventive as some of you guys. My full name is Catherine.

I'm not really sure. I always get stumped when having to come up with a username :rotfl:

I think I chose this name because I'm an Aussie and we are a family of travellers. So Aussietravellers. I don't really like it :lmao: Would love to change it, but i don't think we can.

Great thread by the way, thanks for starting it.

Loving hearing everyone's reasons for their names and also loved hearing everyone's names. We probably won't remember them but it's nice to hear them this once.

Well, I was feeling pretty uninspired when I joined so mine is my real name :)

My name is not Jade, it is DD's middle name. The +3 because we were a family of 4 at the time. I have absolutely no idea why I picked it, and I wish I could change it to something else. Looking back at the date I joined, I would have had a 6 month old and a 22 month old, so am putting it down to sleep deprivation.

My online name developed naturally over time. Being involved with the online Disney community for a number of years, "John from Australia" quickly turned into "AussieJohn" and everyone now calls me "AJ".

Lucky that I am a proud Aussie... :
australia-flag-06.gif

BTW, does anyone inadvertently refer to themselves by their online identity in real life. This can be very embarrassing during business meetings and family gatherings. :laughing:

I have always been known as Jenshell it's a combination of my first name Jennifer and my middle name Michelle and the 75 is my year of birth. Yep I'm 34 :sad1:

Mine came back from way back in high school with my preference to say "shushh" rather than "be quiet" etc. And it stuck, It's me email address as well and I can never think of anything on the spot so I use it as a username for everything online. Quiet silly really.

I'm known as Belinda in real life.

Mine is the username that I use on a number of different sites. I don't like to have to remember different logins, so I use the same one everywhere.

I'm Mum to 3 kids whose initials are E, H and S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter