Why did I book so many DHS??!!

gregsbrat

Mouseketeer
Morning all....staying at the World for 10 nites in August...here are my dining plans but it just dawned on me I have WAY too many DHS choices:scared1:...please feel free to critique any of my choices and fill in w/possible replacements....Chefs de France for lunch; Mama Melrose; Rainforest @ AK; Sci-Fi {possibly ESPN instead since no ADRs}; 50's Prime Time; San Angel; Chef Mickeys {or the Wave?}; 1900 Park Faire; Ohana for bfast...T%hx to all for any suggestions! Le Cellier and OHana dinners were not available

looks like a decent variety (of food, buffets vs table, of characters, overall good variety)... if you are planning to be at DHS two days, then you're right on target... we try to eat in or near where we will spend our park day...
ENJOY! :)

I think that it really depends on where you are going to be spending your time so that you're not running around from location to location trying to get to an ADR.

We love (LOVE!) Mama Melrose's, and Sci-Fi has a really cool atmosphere. The food is just okay, though. I've never been to Prime Time.

I see that you have Chef Mickey's or The Wave listed. I have been to Chef Mickey's many, many times and to The Wave once. The Wave was hands down the best meal we've ever had at WDW. My kids loved it, too.

Your choices look good to me!

We really enjoyed Mama Melrose last year even though our server was horrible, we booked it again this year. Sci-Fi again for the atmosphere and my son wants to go there, We went to ESPN a few years ago and it isn't anything special, and there were no good games on at the time :laughing:! Love 50's PT, trying San Angel for the first time this year, Wave!!!!! over Chef Mickey's although we always did CM for the characters, my kids are getting older and prefer the food over the characters, and CM just isn't that great IMHO. We ate at the Wave twice last year when we stayed at CR and loved it as did my kids who both requested to go back this year. RFC is another for the atmosphere food is ok there are so many other grat choices out there and new places to try. But you know best what you would enjoy!

CM, Park Fare, and Ohana Breakfast are not that close to DHS. I really like Ohana for breakfast, but if you are wanting something closer to DHS, I would go with Cape May character breakfast. You also have Garden Grill in Epcot for character dinner. Also, not sure of the days you are going or if you are on DP, but Garden Grove at the Swan or Dolphin had a character buffet, but it was moved to weekends the last time I checked. But, it is not on DP. There is also the Captain's Grille for good food. And, if you have a large enough party, try the kitchen sink dessert and Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club.

Your choices look good. It is definitely better to hit the RFC at AK instead of the one in DTD. I have never had to wait at the AK location but the DTD one almost always has a 1-3 hour long wait. Keep in mind if you are doing the Disney Dining Plan that the RFC is not one of the participating restuarants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter