• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why are some restaurants not on the plan?

Brygida

DIS Veteran
Why is Bistro De Paris not on the dining plan? Why is Raglan Road at lunch not on the dining plan?

What goes into WDW making a decision like that? :confused3

Because Disney does not compensate them enough. Disney doesn't pay them the full menu price of the items, only something like $22 per TS.

Those restuarants are not owned or operated by Disney, the decision is theirs not Disney's.

Unless they have made a change that I am unaware of Raglan Road IS on the dining plan. We have reservations there after La Nouba in September. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

SlightlyGoofy said:
Unless they have made a change that I am unaware of Raglan Road IS on the dining plan. We have reservations there after La Nouba in September. Slightly Goofy
The OP wrote:
Why is Raglan Road at lunch [emphasis added] not on the dining plan?

Your meal at Raglan Road is most likely after an evening or matinee performance of La Nouba, n'est-ce-pas? I think you'll enjoy Raglan Road. We ate dinner there at the end of January soon after it opened and found the food quite tasty.

Those restaurants are not owned or operated by Disney and they can choose whether or not to participate. they are offered a flat rate per person by Disney and some restaurants felt it was not worth it to participate.

I have a feeling some will be choosing in the near future to not participate anymore, as well, and the list may shrink some...

And that may extend to more Disney restaurants. (Remember, V&A's is a Disney restaurant, and doesn't participate.) It's really just a matter of what is best for each restaurant; to participate or to not participate.

According to Disney's website Ragland Road isn't open for lunch. I'd assume, but would check first, that if Ragland Road decides to open for lunch they'd accept MYW Dining guests.

Brygida said:
Why is Bistro De Paris not on the dining plan? Why is Raglan Road at lunch not on the dining plan?

What goes into WDW making a decision like that? :confused3

Lewisc said:
According to Disney's website Ragland Road isn't open for lunch. I'd assume, but would check first, that if Ragland Road decides to open for lunch they'd accept MYW Dining guests.

Yes, the last I knew RR opened at 4pm. Both the DDP and DDE are accepted there.

As far as Bistro, I don't think it has to do with not being operated by WDW. Chefs de France does accept the DDP. Perhaps it has to do with the prices? V&A is also excluded although the experiences are far from the same..

I'm glad to see that not all restaurants accept DDP. In some cases, DDP has compromised the flavor and creations of the chefs creativity.

m4travel, oui, we ARE going AFTER La Nouba and Yes, I did miss the lunch thing. I am sincerely sorry. I read too fast sometimes and speak even faster. :rolleyes1

I tend to agree with those who feel that the DP will degrade the quality of food at DW. They already have a captive audience which does not lend itself to quality and with all of us paying in advance for our meals they will have less incentive to do well.

I have always wondered why a bit of friendly competition is not encouraged among the chefs (who might well enjoy the challenge and chance to show their creativity) as that might greatly increase business at some of the restaurants that are currently not doing so very well. Ingredients are the main thing BUT how they are put together is almost as important and dining should be an experience otherwise we are better off at home eating simple foods that are good for us and far less expensive. :love:

Slightly Goofy

As of right now Chefs and Raglen are pending and not on the plan for 07. France, mexico,italy,japan,china, marakesh, and tangerine cafe, also all of Downtown disney is pending on whether or not they will accept the plan. Dining had no ideas why this was going on.

Lostgirlz said:
As of right now Chefs and Raglen are pending and not on the plan for 07. France, mexico,italy,japan,china, marakesh, and tangerine cafe, also all of Downtown disney is pending on whether or not they will accept the plan. Dining had no ideas why this was going on.

Have you any input into what is going into making their decision? Have they been losing money? making money? getting too many reservations? too few?

AFAIK, Dining CMs, aren't even sure if what we're seeing is a result of something the restaurants initiated or something other folks at Disney initiated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter