• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Are Lines Longer?

grammylinda

Earning My Ears
I have read many times that the lines are now longer for the secondary rides or rides that didn't have long lines in the past since FP+. Such as Pirates and Haunted House. I don't understand why this is since there were as many people in the park now as before FP+. What am I missing?

One of the main purposes of FP+ was to redistribute the crowds. It's taking people out of the traditionally long lined attractions and putting them in the traditionally short lined attractions.

More people are getting fastpasses (previously unnecessary) for these secondary rides. The fastpasses slow the standby lines down dramatically.

I believe that since Fastpasses are now something Disney has guests book ahead of time, rather than distribute at an optional (sometimes unknown) kiosk, more people are using Fastpass, which means Standby lines will be moving slower to allow Fastpass guests through. This has even more impact at attractions that previously did not even have Fastpass queues.

In addition to people using FP on the secondary lines, you also have people who might have been standing in standby for a headliner not doing that since they already have a FP+. So instead of 120 minutes worth of people standing in line, some percentage of that is off doing something else - namely riding a secondary attraction.

I've also wondered if its because you can only have 3 FP. once we used ours up it was standby or nothing, so we found ourselves in a lot more standby lines whereas before we'd go get another FP.

Key difference between FP+ and FP- is total availability and availability for FPs to minor attractions. That means more FPs available per individual, which means more line cutting by FP users, slowing the SB line, even at lesser attractions.

I've also wondered if its because you can only have 3 FP. once we used ours up it was standby or nothing, so we found ourselves in a lot more standby lines whereas before we'd go get another FP.
You can get 4th and more, one at a time, at fastpass kiosks, after you have used your third or has expired.

We have been here for over a week.

The rides appear to be slower in the queue. We used to just walk on figment, a few days ago it was a 25 minute wait standby and once we entered the queue it was definitely slower, and waiting once on the ride to begin more than a minute or 2 for the ride to start. You used to just get on with no wait. Same experience today with the great movie ride. No getting on with no wait anywhere except for carousel of progress.

In all seriousness if one put in for a fast pass 2 months before and you saw people walking on, wouldn't you be ticked?

I have read many times that the lines are now longer for the secondary rides or rides that didn't have long lines in the past since FP+. Such as Pirates and Haunted House. I don't understand why this is since there were as many people in the park now as before FP+. What am I missing?

1) FP+ starts right at park opening not later.
2) A great % of total ride capacity is now on FP+
3) Rides that did not have a need for FP+ have them such as at SE the FP+ line was always stretched out to the shop across the way. Not much shorter than the SB line used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter