• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why a Gay Board

As a big chested blonde straight woman with two kids, I am so glad that this forum exists. I believe everyone should have a place where they feel comfortable whether they are gay, lesbian, single parents, adults traveling solo, etc. I have seen other persons post before about their beliefs as to what is "normal" and believe me, THEY are far from normal.

The OP may have had a legitimate question or may have been stirring the pot a little but all of the answers given have been fantastic. Not a nasty remark from anyone. That's why I love to read the postings in this forum......NO NASTYS (and we all know how nasty some threads can get). Just pure class.

BTW, True North......pinch those cheeks for me....too cute.

Dina Marie

pepperw23 said:
I told him, and he said Thank You. He has already registered to vote...So proud. So far DS does not like drinking, he is too in to his baseball, but I am not naive, College is going to change him...sniff sniff.

Have a great day.
:cool1:

He is welcome. I will say that just because you think he does not like drinking, does not mean he does not drink. I have many friends who assure me that their kids do not drink or do drugs, something I know is incorrect (having seen them at parties, having heard from other friends of theirs or in some cases from hearing about it from them directly). Just to be clear, I am not saying he does drink, just saying that you cannot be sure.

/carmi

I want a "Flat Chested Brunette's" board... :lmao:

I say, when you have to ask why, maybe you need to look inside yourself and ask , why can't I just live and let live?

I for one wish I had Gay friends as they are the most understanding people I have ever met...I have never felt judged by a gay person. That my friend is magic :wizard:

Personally what business do we have in the bedrooms of our neighbours. People are people. At the core of it all, we are human beings. I only wish and pray our society would realize that.

RickinNYC said:
Pssssssstttt.... the owner of the entire DIS is gay!

OH YEAH! I love it! That says it all. Here in the U.S., the owner of ones property gets to do what they want with it. That being said, who cares what the Gay Community does. It's just a sexual preferance. I happen to like women with nice legs, should I been discriminated against because of that?
I work with A LOT of gay peeps and they are a pisser. I did find it amazing tho that my one gay friend pointed out that the gay community is a HUGE fan of Disney. Still scratching my head over that one ;-), not that I mind, it's my juvenile mind that drives me to Disney. See, gay or not, people still want to act like kids. But due to that fact I come to this thread and read for the great info you can get from you guys and gals. Don't sweat the OP, he's just stirring the pot :stir: , a goon. That guy Noah answered like a true gentleman, a better man than I.
Cheers all,
Oh yeah, I will come here more often since many female posters admit to being BIG Chested :rotfl2: I like that too :woohoo:

xcountryusa said:
Why do we need a site just for gays?

If we are going to have boards based on sexual preferences I want one for guys who like big chested blonde women.

Why do gays need to be treated different?

Because the webmasters decided there would be one.

WebmasterAlex said:

You have such a way with words, Alex! :cool1:

Kind of like Dad saying, "Because I said so."

Been a lurker on this forum, but just had to come out to say hello from a big chested brunette straight person. (I am just too geeky to be considered "cool").

WebmasterAlex said:

ALL HAIL THE All POWERFULL WEBMASTERS!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

baby_becky716 said:
Personally what business do we have in the bedrooms of our neighbours. People are people. At the core of it all, we are human beings. I only wish and pray our society would realize that.

Ya know, i don't think that the OP was trying to insult anyone or care about what other people were dong in their bedrooms.....I think his point was just the same as yours - people are people. i read his post as "Gays are people the same as everyone - why can't we all chat on the same board" (although put much more bluntly) I agree with many posts that some feel they have special concerns traveling as gay families etc. and they like a place to post these things...but I think the OP was saying "your concerns are valid, you are the same as me, why can't we all talk together instead of separating ourselves" I don't think he was being close minded at all. Maybe the OP is already at the place that we all wish society would get to - he could care less if someone is gay or not. I think a closed minded person would have said " Excuse me, all gay people please post on a different board than me, because I don't want to associate with you". I could care less if there is a gay board or not, since I open up topics on any board that interest me. But I do have to say that although I like organization on the boards and topics sorted together, when I first noticed the gay board I was a little taken aback..."now we are organizing based on sexual preference? - why should that matter" - I would have thought a gay families concerns and ?'s had just as much right to be on the familes board or the adults and singles board, or the restaraunt board. But thats me, and it's not hurting anyone, and if people like it, thats fine too.

PS - If we are going to have more boards sorted by sexual preferences, then I want one for big chested women that like hairy chested muscular men. :rolleyes1

my4kids said:
PS - If we are going to have more boards sorted by sexual preferences, then I want one for big chested women that like hairy chested muscular men. :rolleyes1

Sorry, clearly you didn't get the memo. All hairy chested muscular men are now gay.

Oh, and they all have the hots for me.

RickinNYC said:
Sorry, clearly you didn't get the memo. All hairy chested muscular men are now gay.

Mental note- Make sure to include Rick in the new Moderator random drug testing program.......

RickinNYC said:

HEE HEE! - You are probably right - they definately don't have the hots for me! :confused3 and it does seem that most muscular well dressed hairy chested guys I meet are in fact gay. :guilty: Oh well - a girl can dream.

my4kids said:

Hairy chested muscular men!
Can I order one of those too!

I am a straight, conservative, christian, republican who also enjoys reading this board. I like reading others perspectives and seeing how for all our differences we are so much alike.

Now I have an ignorant question, why is it gay and lesbian? I hear women call themselves gay also. Is it generally considered gay is male?

Hi, Michele, welcome! It's good to have you here. Generally speaking "gay" can be generic for both women and men, but not necessarily; it's a term that more often refers to men.

Is that clear as mud? :rolleyes2

Viki said:
Hi, Michele, welcome! It's good to have you here. Generally speaking "gay" can be generic for both women and men, but not necessarily; it's a term that more often refers to men.

Is that clear as mud? :rolleyes2

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I often confuse myself!

Okay, so why come to a "gay" place to "judge" people? I remember the first time I took my husband to a "gay" bar (most awesome dance place in town!). He was quite the homophobe at the time, and had his reservations. But, once he had a drink for his nerves and observed, he saw that gay people do the exact same things as straight people. It opened his mind and his heart to be very accepting to all people from that point on.

I think a lot of "ignorant" people are just that. If they haven't had the opportunity to get to know people (gay, black, jewish...etc..) then they make assumptions and then form their opinions. What a shame!
I think love is love and all should be treated equally.
With that being said, do I hope that one of my children is gay? No way in Hades! Why? I don't wish the hardships that they would have to endure. I know for most of you it has been (and will continue to be in this society) a much harder life than you would have ever wanted as well. Should one of them end up being gay, I would love them as I would today, but it would break my heart to think about the prejudices that they would have to endure. And that is so sad...
So, as someone mentioned in an earlier post....please make sure that you are registered to vote and do so in ALL of your elections, national and local. Things cannot change until we MAKE them change!

Thanks for setting an example for the rest of the boards...that is why there has to be a GLTB board! :teeth:

OH and someone PLEASE let me know when the Plus size, bruenette, big ta-ta's board starts...I think I could be the moderator!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Ok, no offense to anyone here but why are mostly all the gay men so cute, i mean, handsome, sexy cute, but it is true, so if people are going to ask a why question at least ask one we want to know the answer to,
why a gay board hmmmm i say why not. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter