Who's Who in High School

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
My daughter was nominated last year by one of her teacher's and her name was entered into the Who's Who for HS Students but we received another letter this year. Do they automatically mail the students letters every year? It's beginning to look funny to me now.

When I was in high school I got several of them. I remember being discouraged from replying. Sorry that I can't remember the specifics.

I think that every student has his/her name published. I don't know about students who were nominated by teachers. I suppose they get something special by their name.

I'm not really an expert about this though.

Does anyone know exactly what the point of it is? A bunch of my friends and I got letters last year but none of us bothered replying.

The point of this is so they can sell you a book with your name in it. It means nothing- just a scheme based on vanity.

I was "selected" one year. I didn't really care figuring there was a catch or something(my grades in HS were very mediocre), but my mom got pretty excited & bought the book.

I was telling them about a recent interview I went on & was asked what I considered my 3 greatest accomplishments so far. My mom asked me if I mentioned Who's Who? She was being serious. :o (I didn't ;) )

I wanted to tell her, but it's obvious that this is a big source of pride for her, so I didn't want to ruin it for her by giving her the 411 on it. :(

Definitely a scam. I got a letter in HS and I had something like a 2.5 gpa. It hardly sounds exclusive if they were letting me in. Of course my mom tried to rationalize it by saying it was for my SAT score (which was good but not a 1600 either) and my extracurricular activies (which were basically just sports. :rolleyes:

They really just want to sell more books.

I got a nomination in the 70's. I did sent it in but never bought the book. I couldn't figure how I was nominated but then found out a guy in my church confirmation class was also nominated. I think our pastor send our names in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter