• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Headed to Disney & What Are You Packing?

I will have ALL seasons covered! We leave next Wednesday, then on Dec. 24 we drive up to JAX and get on a plane to fly up to Detroit for a few days to be with DILs. I will actually have two sets of luggage, one set for warm FL, one set for frozen Detroit. We will have heavy winter coats, and swimsuits! So we can borrow from the Detroit bags if necessary.

If we weren't heading north, I would still pack layers of warmth. From SS/t shirts up to sweatshirts/jackets. We went the same time last year and only one day required a sweat shirt, I still wore my shorts and Crocs.

I am a former Yankee, migrated to the south (SC and GA) 23 years ago. I rarely wear a jacket in the winter, and wear shorts 10 months out of the year. But I HATE cold. My blood is very confused..

I will have ALL seasons covered! We leave next Wednesday, then on Dec. 24 we drive up to JAX and get on a plane to fly up to Detroit for a few days to be with DILs. I will actually have two sets of luggage, one set for warm FL, one set for frozen Detroit. We will have heavy winter coats, and swimsuits! So we can borrow from the Detroit bags if necessary.

If we weren't heading north, I would still pack layers of warmth. From SS/t shirts up to sweatshirts/jackets. We went the same time last year and only one day required a sweat shirt, I still wore my shorts and Crocs.

I am a former Yankee, migrated to the south (SC and GA) 23 years ago. I rarely wear a jacket in the winter, and wear shorts 10 months out of the year. But I HATE cold. My blood is very confused..

HRH - we'll be at WDW next week too! :) My family will be freezing, I'm sure. It's always colder in Orlando this time of year than here at home!

Funny, I just told my ds this morning that if the low was 55 right now I would be running around in shorts! But, the high today is probably 9 and that's not including the wind chill!

We leave next Friday and I'm only packing 1 pair of jeans! I will have a couple sweatshirts and a jacket (not my winter coat though). My dbf is only bringing shorts, but I will sneak a pair of his jeans just in case ;) Other than that, us girls are going capris and shorts all the way. Short sleeve shirts for us all. If we get cold (yeah right) we will have our jackets.

Yes, I us northern folks are much more used to being in a freezer than an oven :) It's been unusually cold here for the last few weeks. I keep checking the calendar to make sure it is not January because that is when we get into the deep freeze!

Yes, I us northern folks are much more used to being in a freezer than an oven :) It's been unusually cold here for the last few weeks. I keep checking the calendar to make sure it is not January because that is when we get into the deep freeze!

So true!! The temps here are definitely more appropriate for January, per the local weatherfolks. Normal highs are in the 40s, but we've been at HALF that the last several days!! BRRRRRRR!!!!! Bring on the Florida warmth!!

Yesterday morning I was walking into work in 19 degree weather, with the wind and snow whipping me in the face, and the only thing that made it better was repeatedly chanting (in my head, lol) "Nine days till we leave for Florida, nine days till we leave...."

Winter sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter