• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Headed to Disney & What Are You Packing?

RobinFabulous

I like french toast!!!
We leave in TWO days, and I've packed the kids, but am not sure. Weather says high 75 to 77 lows in the 55's. I packed some long sleeves, and a few pants, but also capris and short sleeves too..... Taking jackets as well

I haven't bought gloves or hats, do you think they're needed? We're going from Saturday to Friday..... Anyone going & what did you pack?

I recommend bringing the hats and gloves. It gets pretty cold when the sun goes down. Hats & gloves take up so little room in your suitcase and you'll be glad that you have them when you're watching the fireworks.

We leave the first week of January and I will be bringing a variety of t-shirts, capris, jeans and sweatshirts/hoodies. Layering is the way to go in the winter months.

We leave Sunday and are bringing a variety of clothes too. Jeans, capri's, short sleeve tops, long sleeve, fleece, hats, gloves. The weather can be so unpredictable!

We went the first week of January last year and had to deal with warm weather as well as COLD! We were sooooo glad we packed our warm jackets and accessories - when the sun goes down it *is* chilly and surprisingly windy too! We'll be packing the same for our return in a few weeks...

We are headed Saturday:goodvibes :banana:

I have packed short sleeves, capris, bermuda shorts, long sleeves, plain long sleeves to layer if needed, jeans, mittens, hats (though we are really not a hat wearing bunch).........and all that jazz:goodvibes

if you have santa hats, they are nice cheery way to keep your head warm at night. When the temp drops, remember in the parks, the rides, restraunts, etc, shows do not have heat. So, if its 50 out, its cold in the restraunts, rides and shows too. of course the resorts have heat in the rooms etc.

Definitely bring gloves, hats and a warm jacket. We live in north FL and it has been VERY cold at night when the sun goes down.

Cold is relative. If you are from Minnesota you will think it is fabulously warm. If you are a southern cold weather wuss then plan on layering your clothes to adjust to changing temperatures through out the days. Pack thin gloves, thin hats and fleeces. Don't take up precious space with bulky sweaters and sweatshirts. Pack things that are warm and easy to stuff in a backpack or tie around your waist. Also pack one pair of basic jeans that you can rewear if needed. only your family will know if you wear a pair again!

We are and we're packing our whole house!!! Seriously ~ we're ♥moving to Orlando♥ in 22 days :wizard:

We visited in Jan. this year and needed long sleeve shirts and sweaters, hats and gloves. I would say a sweater would be fine.

Have fun!

If you don't bring hats, gloves and jackets, Disney will be happy to sell you some really cute ones for many $$. :lmao:

We end up buying the Mickey, Tigger or Pooh Santa hats and new hoodies every year!:goodvibes

DH will have shorts and tshirts with a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. DD and I will have more pants or capris. We leave Sunday! Can't wait as the weather does look beautiful!!

We just got back 6 days ago (boo hoo!!!) and had very similar weather to what you describe. We're from Central Illinois so it wasn't a huge deal. Previous poster is correct, it all depends on where you're coming from.

We didn't bring hats or gloves but we all had jackets & hoodies, sweatshirts, etc. I don't think any of us wore shorts or capris at all.....DD6 wore cotton pants/leggins and DH & I wore jeans. We were usually fine w/ lightweight long sleeve or t-shirts underneath a jacket which we'd take off later in the day.

Another thing about 70's in Florida from what I observed. 70's in Illinois is different than 70's in Florida. Down there, the sun felt VERY warm.....not humid or sticky warm, just warm (NOT complaining, it was great!). It kinda depended on where we were.....if we were around a lot of concrete/asphalt, it felt much hotter than other areas.

Unless you're not accustomed to change in seasons, I don't think heavy outerwear is really necessary considering your forecast. ENJOY!!!!

we went a few years ago during this time and i ended up wearing jeans and tshirts/long sleeve shirts every day.. at night i needed a sweatshirt but never more than that... but better to be safe than sorry!

Cold is relative. If you are from Minnesota you will think it is fabulously warm. If you are a southern cold weather wuss then plan on layering your clothes to adjust to changing temperatures through out the days. Pack thin gloves, thin hats and fleeces. Don't take up precious space with bulky sweaters and sweatshirts. Pack things that are warm and easy to stuff in a backpack or tie around your waist. Also pack one pair of basic jeans that you can rewear if needed. only your family will know if you wear a pair again!

This is so true! I am from Minnesota and 75 is downright summerish. Wearing mittens and hats :santa: when the evening temps are 55 is plain silly around here. I have gone to WDW when the morning temps are in the high 30's and my family has not worn mittens. In fact, this morning is -1 and I did not wear mittens and a hat to work today. We are hearty stock up north!!

Most people know what their cold threshhold is, so you have to pack according to your threshhold and not someone else's.

If you don't bring hats, gloves and jackets, Disney will be happy to sell you some really cute ones for many $$. :lmao:

We end up buying the Mickey, Tigger or Pooh Santa hats and new hoodies every year!:goodvibes

Yes, in Jan. you wouldn't believe the amount of people buying cold weather gear at the stores in the parks!

GA person here. I'm bringing everything other poster have mentioned. I guess we'll rent a locker for the day and stuff our jackets in it after it warms up and get them out again at night. :santa:

One extra thing I'm packing that I haven't seen anyone else mention is handwarmers. The kind you squish and activate. I got some for hands and feet. I'm all about being prepared!!! :cool1:

I can't wait!!!!! We're leaving Sunday!!!!!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

We leave tomorrow!

I am so thrilled about the forecast, sounds like perfect weather to me! I am taking one pair of shorts, a couple of capris, and a couple of prs of jeans. Mostly short sleeved shirts, with a light jacket and a heavier jacket, and gloves. The only nights I think we may need the coats and gloves are the nights we watch Illuminations (wind is chilly off the lake) and Fantasmic.

And I always laugh at northerners who make fun of us southerners bundling up when it is in the 40's or 50's in the parks. When you are at WDW, you are outside for long periods of time, so you need the jackets. I bet alot of northerners who say "I don't wear a jacket until it gets to the 30's" probably don't spend that much time outside at home. I often don't wear a coat here at home (S.C.) in the winter, if all I'm doing is walking through a parking lot to get from my car to work/grocery store/etc. But if I'm going to be standing outside for 45 minutes, you better believe I've got a coat on!

And I always laugh at northerners who make fun of us southerners bundling up when it is in the 40's or 50's in the parks. When you are at WDW, you are outside for long periods of time, so you need the jackets. I bet alot of northerners who say "I don't wear a jacket until it gets to the 30's" probably don't spend that much time outside at home.

Actually, it's true -- we won't need jackets. And it's not a "we're tougher than you are" thing. It's just science. Our blood is thicker due to the cold up here (it's not gone above freezing here in Detroit for at least the last week and a half; even colder if you figure in windchill), and if we were to wear jackets in the 50s or even some of the 40s, we'd be dyin' from the heat. ;)

I remember we took a trip to San Francisco in January many years ago. We spent one whole day exploring, riding cable cars, walking up and down the wharf (next to the ocean w/all its breezes), etc. All the locals were in winter coats and we just thought it was hilarious 'cuz we were so warm.

That being said, I was all prepared to pack w/long sleeve shirts and jeans, and now the extended forecast is for the 80s all the way up to Christmas!! I guess I better come up with some real warm weather clothing!!

I packed with the intentions of it being colder. Now looking at the forecast, im worried we wont have enough warm weather clothes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter