Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

499 from now is February, I think, so I doubt past that. I had no clue they raised the price after you put deposit. Are you sure? They give you the total, so it's hard for me to believe that after you start making payments that they'd change the price.
I have no experience, but every thing I've read, and my TA was told the same thing, is that when you book, you are reserving a room, but the price is not guaranteed. Check the link from the Moms' Panel in my post above.

I have no experience, but every thing I've read, and my TA was told the same thing, is that when you book, you are reserving a room, but the price is not guaranteed. Check the link from the Moms' Panel in my post above.

I did. I was just hoping it was outdated, since it was from last year.

I've heard this too. We can book for our trip Jan 29, 2017. That's 499 days out for us.

2018 ;)

I am thinking about September 2017 for my youngest and I. That way she can experience MNSSHP. She will be there this Nov but not doing the Christmas party. I love the Halloween party tho so I know she will love it also. Keeping my fingers crossed I can pull it off.

I am now in the preplanning stages of a summer trip. I hate the heat and crowds but realistically I cannot make another time in the year work for us since I am having to schedule around my school calendar (I am a teacher) and my son's college calendar and my daughter's school calendar (she is in a different district than the one I teach in - so different days off, etc.

I was just about to book a trip in Jan 2017 but it would have been for only four nights. I decided that I would rather go for a longer amount of time and so I am now looking into the beginning of June. My DD is a big Harry Potter fan and so we plan to go to Universal for the first time. I am planning two days there along with our Disney days. I am pricing out staying at Disney the entire time or having a split stay between Disney resort and Universal resort.

Right now I am leaning towards keeping our Disney resort the entire time.

OMG. I just booked the swan for December 2017! NYE in EPCOT is something I have always wanted to do.

Clearly I have a lot of research to do but I grabbed the room while I could.

I called to reset me Starwood account. They asked me if I wanted help with a future reservation. Guess it was meant to be.

Let the planning begin. Hey... If it does not seem to be working out it can be cancelled.

Beyond excited.

I am now in the preplanning stages of a summer trip. I hate the heat and crowds but realistically I cannot make another time in the year work for us since I am having to schedule around my school calendar (I am a teacher) and my son's college calendar and my daughter's school calendar (she is in a different district than the one I teach in - so different days off, etc.

I was just about to book a trip in Jan 2017 but it would have been for only four nights. I decided that I would rather go for a longer amount of time and so I am now looking into the beginning of June. My DD is a big Harry Potter fan and so we plan to go to Universal for the first time. I am planning two days there along with our Disney days. I am pricing out staying at Disney the entire time or having a split stay between Disney resort and Universal resort.

Right now I am leaning towards keeping our Disney resort the entire time.

We went the first week of June last year, stayed offsite, and went to both Disney and USO. After reading about Disney summer crowds on here, I prepared myself for the worst. But, it wasn't that bad, we were pleasantly surprised! The humidity stunk, though! Blah! We had a great time in spite of it, although I will say I am looking forward to going in early spring and hoping for less humidity! :)

This coming April we are staying onsite and doing a split stay between WDW and USO. It would have been a bit cheaper for us to stay put at Disney, but we wanted to be onsite at US to be able to go back and forth to the parks at leisure, and also to have the Express Pass, as we are going during spring break season. I have read on the US board that discounted rates have not come out for the resorts yet, so I am hoping for a lower price, but if not...it will be ok (that's my mantra for this vacation, lol).

My daughter is a huge Potterhead and LOVED the HP area. It really is amazing...the detail they put into it, oh man, it is so immersive. Your daughter will really enjoy it. Even my son, who has never seen the movies, was in awe.

We went the first week of June last year, stayed offsite, and went to both Disney and USO. After reading about Disney summer crowds on here, I prepared myself for the worst. But, it wasn't that bad, we were pleasantly surprised! The humidity stunk, though! Blah! We had a great time in spite of it, although I will say I am looking forward to going in early spring and hoping for less humidity! :)

This coming April we are staying onsite and doing a split stay between WDW and USO. It would have been a bit cheaper for us to stay put at Disney, but we wanted to be onsite at US to be able to go back and forth to the parks at leisure, and also to have the Express Pass, as we are going during spring break season. I have read on the US board that discounted rates have not come out for the resorts yet, so I am hoping for a lower price, but if not...it will be ok (that's my mantra for this vacation, lol).

My daughter is a huge Potterhead and LOVED the HP area. It really is amazing...the detail they put into it, oh man, it is so immersive. Your daughter will really enjoy it. Even my son, who has never seen the movies, was in awe.

It sounds like you are swapping one crowded time for another (summer versus spring break). But you are right that the humidity should be less of a factor in the spring. And having the mantra, everything will be okay will not only help you with the price factor but also to not be frustrated with the crowds. Who knows, maybe your spring break time will be less crowded than others.

Thanks for sharing your experience with doing a split stay and even just jumping between USO and WDW.

It sounds like you are swapping one crowded time for another (summer versus spring break). But you are right that the humidity should be less of a factor in the spring. And having the mantra, everything will be okay will not only help you with the price factor but also to not be frustrated with the crowds. Who knows, maybe your spring break time will be less crowded than others.

Thanks for sharing your experience with doing a split stay and even just jumping between USO and WDW.

Since you're a teacher, you understand...with one in middle school and one in college, there really isn't a time we can go that will not be crowded (does that time even exist anymore?). But my husband said he would rather deal with crowds in less humidity in spring, than crowds in heavy humidity in summer. I'm gonna have to agree with him on that one! :D

September 2018!!! Woo-hoo! Planning on AKL for 8 nights.
Just had to push it up from Sept '19- that was too far out!

OMG. I just booked the swan for December 2017! NYE in EPCOT is something I have always wanted to do.

I called to reset me Starwood account. They asked me if I wanted help with a future reservation. Guess it was meant to be.

Let the planning begin. Hey... If it does not seem to be working out it can be cancelled.

Beyond excited.

WOO HOO! :cool1:Celebrating the holidays and the beginning of a new year in WDW sounds perfect!

September 2018!!! Woo-hoo! Planning on AKL for 8 nights.
Just had to push it up from Sept '19- that was too far out!
:tinker: I just have to agree with pushing up your trip to 2018. Let your planning begin! :mickeyjum but I am sure that you have been planning it for sometime already if you are like me. My last trip was in Feb. 2014 and I have been tentatively planning my next trip ever since then. The date keeps getting pushed back but I AM GOING BACK! I am hoping it is this summer 2017 but it might have to be in 2018.

Hi everyone! :wave: Newbie here..very excited to be a part of this group! Ok, I'm looking to you guys for some help with strategic planning.....we'd like to stay at the wilderness cabins the second week of March and have FL resident annual passes--just bought today. So...when is the best time to book, when do discounts come out, etc. and anything else that'd be helpful. This is for my dd's 12th birthday. Thanks in advance...cheers!

Beyond excited.

Yay! I'll be there too!
Receive my reservation welcome package this week! It was exciting to open!

Hi everyone! :wave: Newbie here..very excited to be a part of this group! Ok, I'm looking to you guys for some help with strategic planning.....we'd like to stay at the wilderness cabins the second week of March and have FL resident annual passes--just bought today. So...when is the best time to book, when do discounts come out, etc. and anything else that'd be helpful. This is for my dd's 12th birthday. Thanks in advance...cheers!

Hi and :welcome: If you are planning for March 2017, there are already discounts posted for the time you are going and you should book now when the discounted rooms are still available. I just checked and they include the cabins. You can find them on the Disney website. Click on Parks and Travel, WDW and the Places to Stay. On the right is a link in blue (small print) View Special Offers.

Then you can read through the choices to see which ones apply to the time you are going to be there. There are several that would apply to you for March 2017. I picked the one about family of four going that runs through April 8. Then when I put in the dates and search it showed me that there are five discounts that I could chose from for the cabins. The Gift of Magic is one of them. You can get a discount on a package (room and tickets) or just the room which you will need to use since you already have the annual passes.

Happy planning!:flower1:

Have fun

late May, 2018. I've "planned" this trip for years, but we've never been able to make it work. We bought our first house this past May and now it's full speed ahead for a big vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter