• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

Checking out the current BB for free dining and second guessing everything. I hope the public gets better dates (but not holding my breath or anything lol)

Oh boy my wife is going to hate that I found this hahahaha Planning on going again the first full week in February 2018 to escape the Michigan winter. Only 547 days!!!!! Still trying to decide on where to stay. Depends on if the in-laws are going or not. Thinking moderate if they join. Either POR or POFQ. If just the three of us I am leaning towards WL. Anyone have any experience renting the DVC points and how to figure it all out. Exploring all my options.

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy to be here.

2016 - Caribbean Beach (wont return)
2015- POR
late 90's - off property
mid 90's- Swan
may times growing up and always Fort Wilderness

Booked June 24 - July, 2017 --- staying AoA.

I'm a cast member who works for ESPN so I'm usually down in FL a few times a year taking advantage of my nice perks. Haven't gone since November 2015, expecting first baby this year so no trips this year. First time in years with no Disney trips so I'm itching for June to get here!

Hi

Brand new on DIS returned yesterday from my 2nd trip to DW first was 11years ago as a 17yo going with parents and younger brother. This trip was as a mother to a 3.5yo with my husband, my parents my younger brother (now 23yo) and his Gf.
So completely different trips!!

First time parents paid for AKL as thought it was our last trip as a family this time some ppl didn't want the hotel to be over disney (I would happily stay at AoA with Disney stuff in every direction) and due to free dining in the UK picked CBR for our 10 night stay.

Loved CBR no complaints really which from reading all the reviews seems rare ... it's was husbands first WDW trip and thought he was going to hate it .... he actually really enjoyed it and was talking about rebook for next year .... after a brief chat think we are holding off until 2018 so we can save up and do it for my 30th bday... our little boy will be 5.5yo then so disney magic should still be sky high ... hopefully he's like me and it never runs out ... looking for tips on best retuning resort, when UK free dining dates usually are and to get planning and avoid the post trip disney depression !!

Oh boy my wife is going to hate that I found this hahahaha Planning on going again the first full week in February 2018 to escape the Michigan winter. Only 547 days!!!!! Still trying to decide on where to stay. Depends on if the in-laws are going or not. Thinking moderate if they join. Either POR or POFQ. If just the three of us I am leaning towards WL. Anyone have any experience renting the DVC points and how to figure it all out. Exploring all my options.

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy to be here.

2016 - Caribbean Beach (wont return)
2015- POR
late 90's - off property
mid 90's- Swan
may times growing up and always Fort Wilderness
CBR is on my short list for next trip, can I ask why it is a 'never again'?

I am booked at Poly Lagoon view 23 dec 17 - 2 jan 18!!!!!!

SUPER excited, but is SUCH a long way off!!!

New to boards. Learning lots. Planning late summer 17.

:welcome:eeyoreiscute! Glad you found the DIS and joined our thread! :disrocks:It will be a fun year planning :sail:! Enjoy the whole planning experience and post any questions you have. There will be someone on this board that has the answer or can at least send you in the right place for the answer. :surfweb:

So, do you think you will be staying onsite or off-site? What resorts are you thinking about right now?

My dh and I were talking last week and I was telling him we pretty much have all our food money saved and I mentioned that chef mickeys will be a $300 meal. As much as we love it, I think we are going t skip it (boo hoo).

And we like the Poly which on arrival night makes getting to CM very easy!

Well now that we are skipping it, I am hoping to convince my dh to do a split stay, or maybe 2 nights at the BC and we can do DHS one of those arms and avoid the dreaded bus (it's not dreaded but I love the monorail).

But how much am I going to miss the poly if I do this on that first night...decisions....at least I have 2 years before I go.

CBR is on my short list for next trip, can I ask why it is a 'never again'?

MamaJessie, I found CBR to be extremely noisy and the cleaning staff to be subpar. We were at POR in Feb of 15 and it was exemplary and went to CBR this year and we were disappointed in regards to the maid service. The bathroom was very dirty to the point of dirt and hair around the toilet, shower wasn't very clean. So my wife and I agreed that we would avoid CBR on future visits. I would definitely recommend POR though if that helps.

Finally hammered down a date, decided on Dec 11th - 20th 2017. We will be staying at the GF again.

Can't wait to go back and of course for the MVMCP!

475 days to go! :yay:

Not quite planning yet but almost. I am going on a girls trip with my friend, sister and 5 year old in october. First 'real' trip. We went for the day last year after a cruise. There may or may not be a bounceback for mid December when we're there but I have jut about convinced my husband that should do a short Disney trip followed by a visit to see his grandparents and mom near Tampa. He says 2 days but I think I can talk him into three plus a Christmas party.

Starting to think about resorts so that if I can book a bounceback I'm ready.

Where would people recommend staying in December? Do some resorts have better decorations? Thinking about CBR right now.

The Contemporary would be fun to try out too.
We have had a stroller for the past couple years and have been blessed by the short walk from MK to this area! There's nothing like walking out of the park, and knowing you're done within 10-15 minutes ... while others are still waiting for a bus/monorail line. We tend to be night owls, so it's been a real treat to stay at the park past wishes on party nights with a near-empty park, enjoying a drink/dessert, and not stressing about the fact that the monorail's shutdown!

Not quite planning yet but almost. I am going on a girls trip with my friend, sister and 5 year old in october. First 'real' trip. We went for the day last year after a cruise. There may or may not be a bounceback for mid December when we're there but I have jut about convinced my husband that should do a short Disney trip followed by a visit to see his grandparents and mom near Tampa. He says 2 days but I think I can talk him into three plus a Christmas party.

Starting to think about resorts so that if I can book a bounceback I'm ready.

Where would people recommend staying in December? Do some resorts have better decorations? Thinking about CBR right now.
haha! I'd say to rent from a DVC member and stay at BLT, but I'm probably biased ;) You can always ask me, though.

Finally hammered down a date, decided on Dec 11th - 20th 2017. We will be staying at the GF again.

Can't wait to go back and of course for the MVMCP!

475 days to go! :yay:
GF is beautiful, but the last time we were there I felt out of place with my crazy/loud kids :D

I am planning an October 2016 vacation with my family and my 40th birthday trip for just my husband and I in 2017! I am hoping to stay at Bay Lake Towers 2016 and Fort Wilderness 2017.
Did you get your BLT 2016 Wish? Hope so!

Just got back like three weeks ago :sad: we had a wonderful trip with great weather and not too crowded. Our plan is to return September 21, 2018 for hopefully more than a week stay :D. Going to try Food and Wine Festival, will it be decorated for Halloween then?
Halloween party starts in Sept, so it may just be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter