Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I haven't even gone this year (leaving in 3 weeks) and already panning 2017. There's a couple in the Feb planning FB group I'm in that's celebrating his bday @ the world this year and I mentioned to my boyfriend that it would be fun to do that one year. He said "next year sounds good" Pretty sure he immediately regretted it b/c I'm running with it lol but We're going to go the weekend after Thanksgiving Nov/Dec 2017 for a bday trip! We will probably try and rent points for Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge if we can or I may just book them when next year's packages come out and hope for a discount.

When you are there in February, you should check to see if there is some sort of bounce back discount offer. Inside your room should be something with the offer. Otherwise, make sure you ask at the front desk because it has to be booked before you check out.

We are planning for 2017, thinking 2 weeks in the summer! Can't wait.
I'm going to dread going in the summer but we just can't take the kids out of school anymore. The homework is just out of control now.

Like you, I typically have to plan my trips for the summer. But the nice thing about going in the summer is that the park hours are extended and the weather is definitely hot enough to go swimming! Tee Hee!

We are going either mid-January or mid-March 2017. Can't decide. Anyone gone during those times?

I have not been at either time. I would just try to avoid Spring Break crowds that often go in mid March, so I think mid January would probably be better crowd wise.

Planning our honeymoon for October of 2017! Hoping to rent points and stay at BWV, or AKL. Also considering staying at CS. Anyone have an opinion on those 3 as to which would be best for a honeymoon?

Congratulations on your future wedding and plans for a honeymoon at Disney! How fun! I cannot help you with the resort choice since I have not stayed at them. I am not sure I know what resort you are referring to with CS. the Contemporary is CR and CSR stands for Coronado Springs Resort. I can't think of any other CS resort. If you mean Coronado, I have stayed there and it is a really nice resort. It has a spa and a table service restaurant as well as a lounge for less money than a deluxe. So, it would be nice on your wallet.

Whispering Canyon and Big River Grille are two others I have been wanting to try!

I think my son would really get a kick out of Whispering Canyon if the wait staff is playing things up that day. I know it is not guaranteed but think the atmosphere would just be something he and my daughter would enjoy.

Big River Grille for the food.

My kids love WCC. We have gone twice and they are asking if we are going to eat there again in August 2018.

When you are there in February, you should check to see if there is some sort of bounce back discount offer. Inside your room should be something with the offer. Otherwise, make sure you ask at the front desk because it has to be booked before you check out.

The current bounceback is for the remainder of this year so it won't work for 2017 sadly. I have a good discount available to me just dont always have the resort I want available on it. Rather have my resort choice that trip over a discount I think. Would love to have both haha

We are planning our Disneymoon for September 2017:)

Congratulations! Honeymooning at WDW will be fun! :cloud9:

In your signature I see a CM tag with your name on it. So, were you are are you still at CM or part of a college program?
So, what resort are you thinking about staying at for your honeymoon? :cloud9:

Anyone else having trouble adding quotes lately to replies? Sometimes it lets me and other times I see them but when I click to add them they do not show up. Very confusing and frustrating!

It is good to hear that WCC is a family favorite and worth the effort to go out of the way to eat there.

We were on our Disneymoon last Sept/Oct for F&WF. We stayed BC CL for our and we had a very magical rate from our TA.

This year however, DH and I are going on the Viva Italia ABD tour this September for our 1 year anniversary, but we will be back to WDW in Sept/Oct 2017. We love F&WF. We plan on spending a couple days at the Dark Side to get our Harry Potter fix and then transferring to WDW for 7-8 days. Since we spend the majority of our time at Epcot we like staying at those resorts. For 2017, we will likely rent points for either BCV or BWV, unless we can get a really good deal at BC or BWI. We stayed at the Dolphin in 2014 for F&W so that's also an option. We won't book too many sit-down meals, but we will likely book a couple for the weekends since it's hard to get to the booths during evening hours on the weekends. We plan to hit San Angels (DH really wants to eat in the temple) and 50s Prime Time.

Needless to say, I'm excited for our Italy adventure this year, but I still cannot wait to get back home! :D

Congratulations! Honeymooning at WDW will be fun! :cloud9:

In your signature I see a CM tag with your name on it. So, were you are are you still at CM or part of a college program?
So, what resort are you thinking about staying at for your honeymoon? :cloud9:

I was a CM at Epcot in 2007, its where me and my fiancé met (UK pavilion)

We were thinking of stopping at Beach Club but thinking we may stop out our favourite Port Orleans French Quarter

We were on our Disneymoon last Sept/Oct for F&WF. We stayed BC CL for our and we had a very magical rate from our TA.

This year however, DH and I are going on the Viva Italia ABD tour this September for our 1 year anniversary, but we will be back to WDW in Sept/Oct 2017. We love F&WF. We plan on spending a couple days at the Dark Side to get our Harry Potter fix and then transferring to WDW for 7-8 days. Since we spend the majority of our time at Epcot we like staying at those resorts. For 2017, we will likely rent points for either BCV or BWV, unless we can get a really good deal at BC or BWI. We stayed at the Dolphin in 2014 for F&W so that's also an option. We won't book too many sit-down meals, but we will likely book a couple for the weekends since it's hard to get to the booths during evening hours on the weekends. We plan to hit San Angels (DH really wants to eat in the temple) and 50s Prime Time.

Needless to say, I'm excited for our Italy adventure this year, but I still cannot wait to get back home! :D

I understand about needing to take a few days for Harry Potter too. My daughter and I are huge Harry Potter fans and never seen the park. She is strongly suggesting that they next time we are in Orlando to do both. So, I expect we will have to work it into our plans.

How did you like staying at the Dolphin? Was it a decent walk to EPCOT? I have read a lot of great reviews about it and would consider it for a future trip.

I was a CM at Epcot in 2007, its where me and my fiancé met (UK pavilion)

We were thinking of stopping at Beach Club but thinking we may stop out our favourite Port Orleans French Quarter

How cool is that! You actually got to experience WDW as a CM and go behind the scenes! I would love to see the inner workings of Disney sometime. The closest I will probably ever get to that is watching the documentaries about the parks.

Wonderful how you and your fiance met at the UK pavilion. So, did you two work together?

I understand about needing to take a few days for Harry Potter too. My daughter and I are huge Harry Potter fans and never seen the park. She is strongly suggesting that they next time we are in Orlando to do both. So, I expect we will have to work it into our plans.

How did you like staying at the Dolphin? Was it a decent walk to EPCOT? I have read a lot of great reviews about it and would consider it for a future trip.

I liked the Dolphin a lot! The accommodations are very nice, it has more of a convention feel to it, but nice nonetheless. The lobby smells fabulous too! You really gain all the perks of a Disney guest while staying there (other than the free magic bands) without paying the high cost of a Disney owned resort. There's a lot of discounts that you can use staying there too.
The walk really isn't too bad. Maybe adds another 5 mins to the walk to Epcot. If you are looking to save cost, I highly recommend looking into staying at the Dolphin.

As far as USO/IOA goes, Harry Potter is way cool. The rest of it was so, so to me. But just to see Hogwarts is reason enough to go. Again, in order to get the perks of that park I'd recommend staying onsite somewhere. We stayed at Hard Rock, which was wonderful!

I liked the Dolphin a lot! The accommodations are very nice, it has more of a convention feel to it, but nice nonetheless. The lobby smells fabulous too! You really gain all the perks of a Disney guest while staying there (other than the free magic bands) without paying the high cost of a Disney owned resort. There's a lot of discounts that you can use staying there too.
The walk really isn't too bad. Maybe adds another 5 mins to the walk to Epcot. If you are looking to save cost, I highly recommend looking into staying at the Dolphin.

As far as USO/IOA goes, Harry Potter is way cool. The rest of it was so, so to me. But just to see Hogwarts is reason enough to go. Again, in order to get the perks of that park I'd recommend staying onsite somewhere. We stayed at Hard Rock, which was wonderful!

Thanks for your review of the Dolphin. It is definitely one that I have on my list of possibilities. I almost booked it for my last trip when Disney released a discount that made a moderate a better deal for me. The other drawback is if you fly you cannot use Magical Express. I think we will probably be driving on my next trip so that will not weigh into our decision.

Thanks too for the info about Universal. Like you, I expect to like Hogwarts but may not care much for the other parts since it appears that most of the rides are geared more for the intense rides which I avoid.

I have a trip coming up next month, but I'm also already planning a trip to DL in 2018! So I'm on board now!

I have a trip coming up next month, but I'm also already planning a trip to DL in 2018! So I'm on board now!

It is nice to have you join our thread! I am guessing from your name that you are a teacher. I am too. I teach 8th grade.

It looks like your last trip was in 2014, so I expect you are pretty excited to be going to WDW in 2016 and then going to DL in 2018. What do you think you will do first?

It is nice to have you join our thread! I am guessing from your name that you are a teacher. I am too. I teach 8th grade.

It looks like your last trip was in 2014, so I expect you are pretty excited to be going to WDW in 2016 and then going to DL in 2018. What do you think you will do first?
We're planning on going to Disney Springs the first day we're there...We get in the day before our Port Orleans Resort reservation starts so we're not going to do a park that day. We're just going to do a lot of shopping and eating and hanging around at our off site hotel for a night and then start our park days the next day!

Last edited:
We're planning on going to Disney Springs the first day we're there...We get in the day before our Port Orleans Resort reservation starts so we're not going to do a park that day. We're just going ot do a lot of shopping and eating and hanging around at our off site hotel for a night and then start our park days the next day!

Sounds like a good plan!

I *hope* we are able to do a vacation in March 2017. We are going this May to celebrate my husband's graduation from college (finally!! - he has been working on it for 6+ years and will officially be done at the end of April). My husband couldn't really care less about disney, so this is more for me and the kids, but I'm using his graduation as an excuse :teeth::teeth:. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a short-ish trip again in August (to celebrate 3 of my 4 kids birthdays!). So, because my other kid was left out of celebrating his bday at disney, I'm really hoping we can do a week for his bday in March 2017. Fortunately it falls within their spring break so we won't have to miss school, but at the end of it all it all depends on...finances :confused3

The trip in 2017 will most likely be an offsite trip for budget purposes, but if I had my wish, I'd stay at any of the deluxes!

I *hope* we are able to do a vacation in March 2017. We are going this May to celebrate my husband's graduation from college (finally!! - he has been working on it for 6+ years and will officially be done at the end of April). My husband couldn't really care less about disney, so this is more for me and the kids, but I'm using his graduation as an excuse :teeth::teeth:. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a short-ish trip again in August (to celebrate 3 of my 4 kids birthdays!). So, because my other kid was left out of celebrating his bday at disney, I'm really hoping we can do a week for his bday in March 2017. Fortunately it falls within their spring break so we won't have to miss school, but at the end of it all it all depends on...finances :confused3

The trip in 2017 will most likely be an offsite trip for budget purposes, but if I had my wish, I'd stay at any of the deluxes!

Not sure if you saw my Swan & Dolphin post above to MDSouth, but if you are looking to cut costs you may want to check it out. When we stayed in 2014 (September) we only pd $139/night. If you aren't planning on using DME anyways, it may be a good option to stay closer to the world, get all the onsite guest perks, have the accommodations equivalent to a deluxe resort, and stay at a cheaper cost. Good luck planning and congrats to your DH! :cool1:

I've added the swan and dolphin into the hotel mix because they have a military discount. So now it's Caribbean beach, shades of green, and swan/dolphin in the mix

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter