who was the most spoiled kid you knew during childhood?

A friend of mine was an only child to older parents. She had *everything* a girl kid in the 70s could possible want. The most in style clothes, money for candy and toys, the best Barbies. I mention Barbies because I've had a lifelong love of them, and her collection made me SO jealous! She had a million dolls, tons of clothes, and all of the buildings. Dream House, Shopping Mall, Airplane, Camper, Carrying Cases, Accessories, etc. They had a finished basement, and it was all set up down there like a store display, it was so gorgeous. Me in my Kmart clothes and my few dolls would go to her house and play and it was like being in Wonderland.

Probably why I restore and remake old Barbies today.

My sisters....I'm the middle child so the oldest was given everything new, I was handed down what she no longer wanted/needed. My youngest sister is the baby of the family and was given all new stuff.

I had a very good friend as a kid that had the most stuff but I'm not sure I would say he was spoiled. This would have been about 1986ish and he was the only kid we knew with HBO, a car phone, multiple gaming systems, any toy you could imagine, a pool, and a really big house for our area. His parents were self made and worked hard and he was given a lot but he never acted like he was better than anyone, his house was where we all hung out and we could play with anything we wanted, his parents let us sleep over whenever our parents were allowed.

I still know him and he struck out on his own and made his own way without taking much of anything from his parents so I think he had the best of both worlds which I find very rare. A comfortable upbringing but also the expectation that he would share and work hard on his own.

ETA: his parents had car phones, not the kid. He wasn't Zack Morris.

Last edited:

Well, I grew up in the 1960's in a middle class neighborhood so money was tight. The kid across the street had a 1500 piece lego set. I had a 300 piece set.
His parents were very nice and generous people, but did have more money (or credit) than the rest of the neighbors. They had 4 Cadillacs. One each for the parents and one each for this kids older brother and sister. Although when his older brother went off to college, a Cadillac didn't cut it, so he got a Pantera detomasa. And they had a boat and a vacation house at an Alpine lake.

Compared to all my friends, me. My parents were really frugal, but I was given a lot. I appreciate the things they did for me a lot more as a parents now. In my family, my cousin. Her parents divorced, so my grandma went overboard showing how loved she was. As a kid I was insanely jealous of all she was given. As an adult I completely understand and wish she had it better.

Here's another vote for the "me" crowd! I was the youngest in our family, so of course they would all say that I was the most spoiled! 🤣

It was a kid named David. An only child, he had two rooms- one with nothing but toys. He even had the giant GI Joe spaceship that only spoiled brats got. Not even Santa Claus would touch that. But nothing's too good for precious little David, is it David?

My cousin who was an only child. Any toy that my sister and I wanted she got for her birthday or Christmas. Oh yes she even got a puppy.

A girl named Breanna. She spent a ton of time at her grandmothers house, which was across the street from us. She always had tons of toys and the best clothes etc. Her grandmother was so sweet and spoiled her rotten. Her mom also spoiled her. I think her mom felt bad for leaving her with the grandmother so much and the grandmother didn't really know how to entertain her so she bought her everything. She was kind of a brat. It was fun going to her house though because there was a basement full of toys and games and dress up stuff. LOL

It may have been me in my original neighborhood. Where I grew up we were all extremely poor. But some kids had grandparents that would help like I did. So I always had an over the top Xmas, decent clothes, a nice coat, Nice shoes and a few nice things because my dads parents helped my parents a lot. I know my cousins would get jealous.

Then my mom moved when I was in middle school to a nicer area and my poorness really showed. Plus by that point my grandparents weren’t doing as much since my parents weren’t together and we were older. No more crazy Christmases When you’re 14 lol. Everyone had it 100 times better than me. So I can’t pinpoint it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter