Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Those panoramic pics just gives a different perspective on things. I've been following along on all the posts for your Dis meet. Glad everyone made it in safe. Now things get interesting to see if all of you get to go home or if some of you (not mentioning any names Tiggerdad / Southalabama5er) get an all expense paid extended vacation in a room with no view. Seriously, you all have a great time and be safe. Keep us up to date on the shenanigans.......I mean entertainment and remember...... we Disers love pics. Maybe if you have another "Dis" meet in the future the DW and I could join in. Not sure my Blue and White would fit in with the Crimson but can't we just be friends for a couple of days? :wave:

Bama
Sorry to go off topic, but did you by any chance travel to Raleigh to see my beloved NC State Wolfpack play your Tide in footall in 1996? Never seen so many motorhomes in my life (until I went to Fort Wilderness in 2014).

huggypack, no I didn't go to Raleigh and I don't do road games (DW keeps my allowance pretty tight). Home game season tickets are about all I can swing.

Unless, in the future, the planets align....

Back to our trip report.

Bama Ed

Maybe if you have another "Dis" meet in the future the DW and I could join in. Not sure my Blue and White would fit in with the Crimson but can't we just be friends for a couple of days? :wave:

You would sure be welcome, Jets70. What Alabama is to college football, Kentucky is to college basketball. And we can both claim Paul Bryant as a former coach. :rockband:

Bama Ed

Jets70 you would fit right in here. This is a great bunch of folks. They have made us feel like were all old friends.There has been some loose talk about trying something on an annual basis. Maybe we can nail something down Friday at the official meet and greet. Tomorrow a group of us are off the watch the Blue Angels practice and visit the naval museum. BamaEd will definitely look you up in the afternoon.

Last edited:

Having a great time so far, watched Ed set up his Aliner, very neat cool little camper.
Glad they made it in safe.

Had a great time at the Jimmy Buffett concert as always, great show, great atmosphere,
20160531_183531_zpsxby4mnmz.jpg

20160531_190751_zpsxsoxc4eh.jpg

Fins to the left, fins to the right,
20160531_210855_zpsqdz6lwmr.jpg

Already looking forward to the next Buffett concert...

Now up early, feeling kinda sluggish this moring, going with gang to Pensacola to watch the Blues practice.

Weather looks good for the next few days - at least now till Sunday.

Screenshot_2016-06-01-06-19-38.png

Jets70 you would fit right in here. This is a great bunch of folks. They have made us feel like were all old friends.There has been some loose talk about trying something on an annual basis. Maybe we can nail something down Friday at the official meet and greet. Tomorrow a group of us are off the watch the Blue Angels practice and visit the naval museum. BamaEd will definitely look you up in the afternoon.
I have been following along quietly in all the shenanigans. I would have loved to be there this year but that work thing got in the way! I would be interested in a meet in the greet next year! Enjoy all and someone please help Ed with his puzzle :rolleyes1

I would be interested in a meet in the greet next year! Enjoy all and someone please help Ed with his puzzle :rolleyes1

lokin4deer,

I broke out the puzzle this morning and set it up. Pieces on the right side of the table, build out on the left side. Everyone is welcome to come by to fit a piece.

I do believe I was nuclear threatened if I touched that puzzle.

Well, last night Joe and his family joined myself and my family and went out to The Original Oyster House for dinner. The restaurant was featured this past winter on the Travel Channel's Man vs. Food.

Hey Joe, you notice how quiet and well behaved our kids were compared to the two tables around us? Proud of that.

Well, fixing to roll out for Pensacola to see the Blue Angels.

lokin4deer,

I broke out the puzzle this morning and set it up. Pieces on the right side of the table, build out on the left side. Everyone is welcome to come by to fit a piece.

Ed, you work a puzzle a lot like my wife all the pieces laid out nice and neat in rows it drives me nuts! I on the other hand like the pieces laying in and around the puzzle itself. Sooooo I usually just sit there watching her put it together trying to decide when I want to risk putting a piece in!

I think I will squeeze in an update now before the rest get back from P'cola.

This being our first full day here at Gulf Shores, my DW and I wanted to hang here this morning. We biked over to the beach which was beautiful and deserted since the casual parking is temporarily blocked off by the paving of the bike lane on the side as it approaches the intersection with the beach highway. So you have to bike or walk from the campground (we saw both) to get there.

It was really beautiful - light breeze and low swells, no waves or surf. Water was downright warm for 9am. I think Michael mentioned it but there was a turtle nest marked nearby. It had been marked in the last few days - soon little turtles will break the sandy surface and head for the water. There are no beach lights nearby thankfully.

After biking back up to the campground and checking out the campstore, DW and I went back to our spot and piled in the car. We cruised over to Orange Beach along the Beach Highway then back onto West Beach in Gulf Shores as far as Lagoon Pass (the rebuild is very nice). Lunch followed and I put in a little time on the puzzle.

lokin4deer, your DW and I sound the same. My method is to start as I did this morning by turning all pieces face up and stashing any edge pieces I come across on the lower edge of the stack to make mating them easier. It's a little breezy over here across from the lake under the oaks and twice a piece blew off which I retrieved. But it's a nice breeze here in the shade and most pieces have stayed put. Next I build the outline using the edge pieces which is where I am today. Next me and others can put together the little scenes and try to place them in the frame. It could be a face, a castle, or a character.

So that's as far as I am this afternoon. I've done the outline and I am waiting for either some help from the others or inspiration tomorrow. I've got a book to catch up on under my canopy while Sunny 105FM plays on the outside speakers.

Bama Ed

And if I catch ANYbody under my tent in the early morning trying to put pieces together and advance its completion, I'm coming out with guns blazing and the nuclear option. So don't even THINK about doing it, dammit.

Bama Ed

Wow, and for all these years I thought when someone said something like this it meant sure death. Huh...

Boys and girls... it's game on!

Last edited:
20160601_092837_zpsjrqfuvay.jpg
Had to get Michael to slow down to catch the picture of the sign,
20160601_114913_zpsiqhoyi7q.jpg

20160601_115012_zpsfef6lejs.jpg

20160601_115047_zpsoy1qevgk.jpg

And here's Maverick and Goose....
IMG_7276_zpsa6fdykap.jpg

They'll let anyone get in a F14....

Enjoyed the tour of the Naval Aviation Museum and watching the Blue Angeles practice today, very cool.

Last edited:
Wow, i still can't believe they were able to get us out of that cockpit.

We had a blast at the museum. I could have easily stayed all day. I will post some pics from home when I have good wifi. If any of you get the chance to see the Blue Angels i strongly encourage it.

This evening lined up great. We actually had everybody here at the same time and we had grilled steak and too numerous to count sides for dinner. Everybody ate their fill and then we sat around and talked camping, shopping, running, different climates where we live, etc. It was good with everyone getting to tell some stories about themselves and get some good laughs.

Well, gotta get up and put a puzzle together in the morning since now there has been a cease fire issued.

Hey Goose, you up for that?

Last edited:
Good times last night with the food and fellowship. Thanks folks.

This morning i woke up a little paranoid afraid that i would roll outside and find my puzzle finished or worse yet - one piece missing. But it was as i left it - i think. For some strange reason though, i felt like i was being watched.

He has spies EVERYwhere!

I believe the squirrels are in cahoots with the mourning doves i hear cooing right now. Having sat here so long, i think the doves are calling out my moves to be passed along to Squirrel Command. I may be close to cracking their code.

Bama Ed

My spies tell me you were not making as much progress as they felt you should be.

Well, I worked on Ed's puzzle this morning for a while while Ed, Randy, and Jim discussed various things including plans for next year :listen:.

We snuck in some bike riding now headed down to the beach.

I have been waiting for the antics to begin, maybe the water is still to cold. I figured by now Michael would have laced Randys food with some laxatives as promised. And nobody has messed with Eds puzzle or put a For Sale sign on his trailer, maybe its the pistol on the table keeping everyone away. But it does look like everyone is having a good time and the police haven't shown up yet.

poopoo.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter