• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who wants Off Kilter to return to the Canadian Pavilion Stage?

Well the Lumberjacks are awful and noisy and come from Florida! The Lumberjacks belong at a state fair. They are an embarrassing joke.

Not sure why you quoted me, unless you were somehow offended that I actually enjoyed the lumberjacks. How do we resolve this shocking difference in personal taste? Arm wrestling? Fisticuffs? Pon farr? Pistols at dawn? ;)

I loved Off Kilter and Mo Rockin'! I will ALWAYS love them! Once again, the "Disney Powers That Be" have "fixed" something that wasn't broken. They have made quite a few questionable decisions in the last couple years IMHO. And sorry, but I refuse to EVER watch the Lumberjacks or the replacement show in Morocco. I just hope some day I can see them perform again, if not in Epcot, at another show somewhere!! #saveoffkilter

I loved Off Kilter and Mo Rockin'! I will ALWAYS love them! Once again, the "Disney Powers That Be" have "fixed" something that wasn't broken. They have made quite a few questionable decisions in the last couple years IMHO. And sorry, but I refuse to EVER watch the Lumberjacks or the replacement show in Morocco. I just hope some day I can see them perform again, if not in Epcot, at another show somewhere!! #saveoffkilter

Oh hey, the replacement show in Morocco was immensely fun. Got a huge crowd of us all up and dancing in the street. Afterwards, I asked a cast member what the words they taught us to sing meant. The question made her giggle, because apparently we were singing the Moroccan version of shoo be do wah - nonsense words.

But it's possible we have already established I am easily entertained and my taste is suspect. ;)

Not sure why you quoted me, unless you were somehow offended that I actually enjoyed the lumberjacks. How do we resolve this shocking difference in personal taste? Arm wrestling? Fisticuffs? Pon farr? Pistols at dawn? ;)

No not offended you enjoyed the Lumberjacks. Informing you that the Lumberjacks are also non Canadians they are Floridians
from the local area too.

No not offended you enjoyed the Lumberjacks. Informing you that the Lumberjacks are also non Canadians they are Floridians
from the local area too.

Ah, yes I was aware of that. I have my suspicions about the British Revolution/British Airwaves, too. But I couldn't find any info on the band members.

Personally, I find it all rather hilarious.

I personally miss the Fife & Drum Corps from the American Adventure. They got canned at the same time as Off Kilter. :(

Murica!

I don't remember but is the a capella singing group The Voices of Liberty still performing before they let guests into the theater to see The American Adventure Show?

I don't remember but is the a capella singing group The Voices of Liberty still performing before they let guests into the theater to see The American Adventure Show?

Yes, they are! In fact, last spring they were even singing longer sets in the American Theatre on occasional days.

The Voices of Liberty aren't going anywhere. :)

I like the British Revolution over the British Invasion because they play more than just Beatles songs - Led Zepplin, The Who, etc.

But I miss the Ziti Sisters in Italy, the Fife and Drum Corps in the US, and of course Mo'Rockin and Off Kilter! Their replacement acts (for the groups that even HAVE replacements) just don't measure up.

Yes, but even they have been watered down from what they were, in terms of representing a country/time period. Their repertoire has been expanded beyond Americana/folk songs to include "Let It Go", “You Raise Me Up,” “True Colors,” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” I'm sure some folks consider this a good thing, but I'm not one of them.

We've been going to Disney every summer for about the past ten years and while we were never compelled to stop and listen to Off Kilter, the Lumberjacks caught our attention and we actually greatly enjoyed them during our trip this June. We found them to be informative, entertaining, and funny! We especially liked the log-rolling. My husband didn't mind watching the show twice in one trip--it was different lumberjacks the second show, so different banter, etc. Very cute in my opinion. If I was asked what are must-do's at Epcot, I would definitely add them to the list of things to see at least once.

Never was a big fan of Off Kilter,liked them but they weren't must dos,we prefer the British Invasion or the current one playing the UK pavillion the British Revolution.As far as the lumberjacks,I saw them during one of their first shows and thought they were horrible,the guy announcing was annoying and I thought the stage was too small to do anything worthwhile.Since then they have added the little pool for the log rolling and I did see an improvement in them and in the show with the log rolling,but they're still nothing amazing or a must see every time I visit.

I don't know the ins and outs, but it could have been their idea after they decided they did not like Disney's terms. I take Disney saying it was their idea as meaning Disney did not electively fire them.

It was not their idea. I am facebook friends with one of the members and they were fired.

I used to plan my park days around Off Kilter's schedule. When I heard (last August) that Off Kilter would no longer work at Disney after Sept. 28, I changed some travel plans to be there 2 days during their last week. I enjoyed seeing 4 of the members return to the Canada stage last December as the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, but it wasn't the same.

I saw the Lumberjack show in January and thought it was lame. I saw it again in May, and while it had improved, it was not something that would draw me to Epcot. Thank goodness the Mariachis, Voices of Liberty (who were NOT performing when I visited on May 13), and British Revolution are still there. The Paul McKenna band is good, but they need a better location to play. The group in Morocco that replaced Mo Rockin was awful, in my opinion. Thirty seconds of their caterwauling was all I could stand!

By the way, I'm looking forward to hearing Off Kilter play at the Ohio Celtic Festival (http://ohiocelticfest.com) in August and at the Indy Irish Fest (http://www.indyirishfest.com) in September.

Last edited:
We never watched Off Kilter so we don't miss them. The Lumberjack show is fun and the kids seem to enjoy it a lot more than sitting and watching a music show. We never noticed the chainsaws unless we were watching the show.

Yes, but even they have been watered down from what they were, in terms of representing a country/time period. Their repertoire has been expanded beyond Americana/folk songs to include "Let It Go", “You Raise Me Up,” “True Colors,” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” I'm sure some folks consider this a good thing, but I'm not one of them.

I agree 100% about The Voices of Liberty - always loved their Americana/Folk songs, and was devastated when they changed - just doesn't feel the same anymore - wrong setting for their newer selections (sort of the same way I feel about their new costumes - the old ones 'felt' right and were 'in period'.

I like lumberjack shows in general, however unless the one at Epcot has gotten a LOT better since it's first week or so (I watched a youtube video when it first started) it is pretty sad.

I am Canadian and kinda offended by the lumberjacks. It just speaks to an antiquated stereotype of Canada.

I don't understand why a Celtic band played in Canada to begin with, honestly. Sure, 2 of the members of the band are Canadian, but it's not a traditional Canadian music form. I mean, not any more than it is American...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter