• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who wants Off Kilter to return to the Canadian Pavilion Stage?

Minnie-Maniac

DIS Veteran
I was so sad when I heard that in 2014 the Celtic Rock band Off Kilter will be playing no more. Now I hear they have some sort of Lumberjack Show taking it's place. I know I and my entire family is going to miss not having Off Kilter at our next trip. Off Kilter was a must see even more than once while at Epcot World Showcase. Who else misses them or is going to really miss them on there next trip?

I loved Off Kitler! But I urge you to at least try the Lumberjacks. My family and I were pleasantly surprised, we loved it as well.

(.....also, the Lumberjacks are hot :duck:)

I'm a fan of Off Kilter. I was sad that they were not there for my May trip to WDW this year. However, I lucked out because I live in NE Ohio and they appeared at the Irish Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio a couple of week-ends ago! :yay: I would love to see them brought back to Epcot!

TC :cool1:

The lumberjacks make me sad.

Off Kilter makes me happy - there are no places to sit now, and its just noise. Music is soothing, noise is loud. I have joined the Facebook group Save Off Kilter where they post, and have posted other towns Off Kilter performs at.

Seconding the recommendation to give the lumberjacks a try. We loved Off Kilter (even if the fiddler is the only genuine Canadian!), and we'd love to have them back. But, that said, the lumberjack show was a LOT of fun. It reminded me strongly of going to lumberjack festivals up in Northern Ontario when my kids were younger.

Has the lumberjack show improved? I saw it shortly after they first appeared at Epcot and hated it. The patter was poorly delivered and the show was extremely boring. The chainsaws were quite annoying.

Has the lumberjack show improved? I saw it shortly after they first appeared at Epcot and hated it. The patter was poorly delivered and the show was extremely boring. The chainsaws were quite annoying.

I can't say, because I only saw it the once, this past spring. Maybe we're just easily entertained. :upsidedow

We loved Off Kilter, but wanted to give the lumberjack show a fair shake, so we checked it out earlier this month. We really didn't care for it. However, there were far more people watching the show than I ever saw for Off Kilter, so it just goes to show you what appeals to the masses. :sad2:

I suggest everyone email Disney and let them know how unhappy you are about this. If you are at Epcot stop by Guest Services and let them know. FYI Guest Services has been telling people who are complaining that it was Off-Kilter's idea to leave. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

We loved Off Kilter, but wanted to give the lumberjack show a fair shake, so we checked it out earlier this month. We really didn't care for it. However, there were far more people watching the show than I ever saw for Off Kilter, so it just goes to show you what appeals to the masses. :sad2:

This- my bold - is what matters. Disney recognized it was time for a change. We found the lumberjacks very entertaining last year during F&W.

When I walked by during F&G festival, the lumberjacks had a large crowd going. I also think that my kids will love watching the show, more so than they would have Off Kilter (I don't think my 4yos and 5yo are great judges of talent).

I will give the Lumberjack show a chance, but like I said Off Kilter was by far my favorite show in Epcot World Showcase. So the Lumberjack Show is going to have to be pretty darn special to top Off Kilter.

I was not a fan of OK, mostly because I was forced to watch them by people I have disassociated with. Whenever I hear them, it brings back unpleasant memories. But I was a fan of the British Invasion. I really miss them!!

I was so sad when I heard that in 2014 the Celtic Rock band Off Kilter will be playing no more. Now I hear they have some sort of Lumberjack Show taking it's place. I know I and my entire family is going to miss not having Off Kilter at our next trip. Off Kilter was a must see even more than once while at Epcot World Showcase. Who else misses them or is going to really miss them on there next trip?

I honestly did not miss them.
We saw part of the current show and the place was packed. Folks enjoyed it a lot. We missed the beginning but more folks stopped by and stayed until the end. Now, they are by means NOT Off Kilter and should not be compared to them. Check it out as its own unique show and you may be surprised.

I was not expecting much due to what was posted here, but it seemed fun for what it was once I saw it In person.

I suggest everyone email Disney and let them know how unhappy you are about this. If you are at Epcot stop by Guest Services and let them know. FYI Guest Services has been telling people who are complaining that it was Off-Kilter's idea to leave. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

I don't know the ins and outs, but it could have been their idea after they decided they did not like Disney's terms. I take Disney saying it was their idea as meaning Disney did not electively fire them.

I honestly did not miss them.
We saw part of the current show and the place was packed. Folks enjoyed it a lot. We missed the beginning but more folks stopped by and stayed until the end. Now, they are by means NOT Off Kilter and should not be compared to them. Check it out as its own unique show and you may be surprised.

I was not expecting much due to what was posted here, but it seemed fun for what it was once I saw it In person.
Yeah, I understand it is a totally different type of show. I really do hope I enjoy it. I am wondering if it will continue to stay packed after the newness of it wears off though.

I don't know as I did not see it before. We were dining at Rose and Crown, but inside
So I didn't hear it. We caught the last bit after and the crowd seemed to be enjoying the show. I liked the log rolling even if it seemed a little cheesy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter