Who uses the QSDP?

1osfan

Mouseketeer
We are making our first WDW trip in five years. In the past, we have always done the DDP but always justified the cost because we did a number of character meals with the kids. This summer, the kids are older so we are now paying adult prices for two of them. Since we aren’t planning the character meals this trip, we aren’t doing the DDP but we’ve looked at the QS plan. I’m a numbers guy and I cannot figure out how the QS plan makes any sense for its cost. Is there anyone who does the QS plan and thinks it saves money? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

We're going later in the year with free dining, staying at a moderate so QSDP. I've crunched the numbers too and for us there is still a savings... we have to eat something like $120 in food between the 5 of us per day. I think this is doable even though I quite likely could stick to a lower budget of food... but I think what we will do is identify places where each meal has good value (e.g. higher priced entree, specialty beverage for kids, alcoholic or specialty drink for adults). As well, we are staying 6 nights but will spread the credits out over 7 days which I think is very doable. I aged up my kids since free dining doesn't cost them more, except a minor ticket price increase, and because they are good eaters who will eat more than the standard kid fare.

If we were considering whether to pay out of pocket for the QSDP it would have been $217 per night assuming I didn't age up my kids, and $275 per night if I did age up the younger two. I definitely don't see value there.

I'm hoping to keep a log of what we eat and what the prices would have been, as there isn't much chatter on the QSDP - maybe because of the lack of value for money spent out of pocket.

We do the QS plan when it's just DH and I. We know we will eat at least 4 quick service meals each day and enjoy an alcoholic beverage when available. Plus we usually visit during a festival at Epcot and use our snack credits at the booths. We basically break even so it's a convenience factor at that point. We don't ever get it when the kids are with us because they don't eat as much and it would be three adults as our daughter is 11. It's not worth the cost as we can often share meals. They also mostly enjoy $2 popcorn refills for snack so not a good use of snack credit either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter