Who is going in December 2022??

I'll be there the 6-9. I'm nervous about dining reservations because I'll be out of town when it's time to make them and I'm used to using both my phone and desktop. But oh well! We'll see how it goes.

Can I make park reservations if my Key expires in Nov? I can't renew until Oct and our trip is in Dec.

I'm still trying to get my footing on how to manage things now!

I'll be there the 6-9. I'm nervous about dining reservations because I'll be out of town when it's time to make them and I'm used to using both my phone and desktop. But oh well! We'll see how it goes.

Can I make park reservations if my Key expires in Nov? I can't renew until Oct and our trip is in Dec.

I'm still trying to get my footing on how to manage things now!
Planning is defiantly way different than before.... Fingers crossed you get everything you need!!

I am still trying to convince my niece, (her daughters are on board!), to go Dec 6th through the 9th. I am paying for almost everything so I am hoping she will say yes this week so I can get dining reservations going! It does sound like it might be busier than what I was hoping but hey-it is still Disneyland at Christmas time!!! I would love to stay at the GC, did that the last few times, but budget is tighter now that I am on my own. Hope everyone's plans go smoothly!
Waiting for commitments from others is so hard. My thoughts are the same even if it is busy we are still in Disney!!!

I've been sporadically checking my dates to see if prices went down and two of the three hotels are full now for that first weekend in December. DLH and GC are showing no availability for me. I'm wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a discount if one is released for those dates. I was planning on calling and asking if they released one.

I've been sporadically checking my dates to see if prices went down and two of the three hotels are full now for that first weekend in December. DLH and GC are showing no availability for me. I'm wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a discount if one is released for those dates. I was planning on calling and asking if they released one.
I have noticed many hotels have no availability near Disney the first week of December. Fingers crossed for you..

I have noticed many hotels have no availability near Disney the first week of December. Fingers crossed for you..
Thanks! It will be fine either way. I budgeted for the entire cost but it would be so cool to have extra, extra money to put on a card for spending money.

I'm bummed about not seeing a discount this year and the changes to the annual passes that mean a whole lot more people are likely to show up in "my" traditional Christmas visit time (the weekdays following Candlelight). It was always pretty pleasant and didn't get super crowded until schools started their break, but I don't know what it's going to look like this year.

It's still possible they'll offer a discount, but if the hotels remain fully booked, there's really no incentive.

Are you looking for a
Particular type of room? I show PPH, DLH and GCH all have availability 12/2-12/4.

Hi all, I'm planning my first DL trip. It was originally scheduled as a surprise for our kids Dec 1-4. Yesterday, my daughter came home and had made the Christmas choir at school and her first performance is Dec 1 o_O Since we are keeping it a surprise she has no idea and I've been in scramble mode all day. I think we are going to change the trip to Dec 14-18. I'm looking at switching hotels. We are currently booked at the Fairfield, but Paradise Pier has availability. We always stay onsite at WDW, but is it worth the extra $1000 to stay at the Pier with the renovations...pros and cons please! Working on getting excited again despite all the changes...and added expense!

We have 3 bonus Grands who will be on this surprise Christmas trip. My DIL almost blew it right out of the gate so we decided we needed to come up with a word that we can use instead of DL that makes sense but doesn't give it away.

BBQ is our code word. BBQ, its easy to remember and the littles don't pay any attention as its a very common word to them.
We used to just say “Anaheim” until our girls got old enough to know that’s exactly where Disneyland is located!

I am working off my iPad and can’t link right - but if you’re a Disney Visa Cardmember, discounts through Dec 22nd are now available! Fingers crossed for everyone!

If anyone can post the link for the Disney Visa discount, that would be great. I somehow missed this and we are going in early December.

If anyone can post the link for the Disney Visa discount, that would be great. I somehow missed this and we are going in early December.
I don't know the exact link, but here's the phone number 844-642-0646. I found it on this site https://allears.net/2022/09/21/exclusive-disney-hotel-discount-announced/
Unfortunately, it didn't work for my dates (sold out).

Edited to say that there is a limited number of rooms for the discount each day with this offer, which means the hotel may not be booked up but the available block of discounted rooms may be.

Last edited:
Usually there has been a Disney room discount promo that comes shortly after the Disney Visa offer. I hope that's true this year and that my dates will be included!

I booked our trip last week because I’m willing to pay rack rate on a standard room at DLH and if I can get a discount, great…. The Disney Visa room would be more expensive for us because all that’s available is the premium view room. Very limited inventory for this special apparently- for 12/1-12/4 likely

I just booked GCH with the Disney Visa offer for 12/11-12/15. The discount made the standard room $579.70 per night pre-tax. I purchased 4-day PH tix elsewhere as they were almost $30 per ticket cheaper than bundling through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter