Who here was crazy enough to...

Z'sMom

I bear a striking resemblance to my avatar...lol!
ship toiletries to their hotel ahead of time? Is it even an option? We are "carry on" kind of people and I would prefer to avoid the hassel of packing 6 travel size bottles of shampoo (and another 8 bottles of conditioner) simply because I have long hair :rotfl2:

For those of you that have done this, I have a few ?'s:

1. How far ahead of your vacation did you ship the package?
2. Did you notify the hotel of this package? If so, how?
3. What all did you pack (toothpaste, body spray, razors)?

Many thanks for the responses :banana:

We actually shipped a 50 lb box of ALL our stuff to our resort ahead of time. I shipped UPS with a tracking number, then called the resort just to double check the night before we left. If you search the forums there is a whole thread about shipping to your resort, and I believe it has all the addresses for the resorts. Or you could call the resort itself (not the 407-wdisney number) and get their instructions/address. We are carryon people also, so this worked great. If you are just doing toiletries it should be easy.

We have shipped boxes as we only like to bring carry ons as well.
It worked out fine.

We also had garden grocer deliver breakfast items and included shampoo/conditioner/body wash and toothpaste. The total cost for the bath items was under $20 and we just left behind what we didn't finsh and it is still less expensive than bag fees.

Now we just have an owners locker and keep all of our liquids in it. Shampoo/Conditioner/toothpaste/body wash/lysol spray for the room/a pump hand soap (I hate grimy slimy soap).
We figured it out and the yearly fee is still less than bag fees and I love having our own stuff that I bought and filled it with.

We always ship something. I ship it FedEx Ground 7 days ahead of time. Always makes it just fine. We put some mixed nuts that we like to keep in the room and nutrition bars that we take into the park with us to eat during the day. And GUM! Impossible to find at the resort or the parks (and I can understand why). And anyhting else we can think of.

From now on though we will put shampoo and razors in there. Enough for the entire stay. And we are going to check only one bag this time. I am determined to do it!

If your renting a car a quick stop is a great way to pick up heavy stuff such as body wash, shampoo, sun block.

We always grab a case of water, diet coke and some wine as well.

If we don't rent a car Garden Grocer....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter