Who here enjoyed Rivers of Light?

Totally agree with @ravenclawtrekkie It is well suited for AK, I compare it to Tapestry of Nations from Epcot, no Disney characters, no Disney music, very earthy, calm, beautiful colors and water effects. I have now seen it about 6 times, all of them with fp so I have never had to wait in standby for it. BTW my least favorite night time show is Illuminations, I find it boring and even though it's inspiring the floating, revolving globe doesn't do it for me.

What do you mean by that? I didn't know the dining plan included a popcorn bucket. Is it per person? Where do you get it from? I have booked the dining package for my upcoming trip i didnt realize it includes it.
Thanks for the info
We did a Tusker House breakfast ROL package and got a popcorn bucket, but some people reported not getting one on another thread. It's one lotus flower per group with $1.50 refills. They light up and are cute.
I was pleased with the seats for the ROL dining package.

What do you mean by that? I didn't know the dining plan included a popcorn bucket. Is it per person? Where do you get it from? I have booked the dining package for my upcoming trip i didnt realize it includes it.

We did TH ROL dinner package, and it was one bucket for a four top table. I did see some tables with more, I believe you could purchase extras. I know people who also received at Tiffins. It definitely increases the value of a meal/credit ($17 in the park). If sold out I would ask for voucher, who knows what might come of that.

Definitely no popcorn bucket at tiffins on Sunday.

They also had no seats available for us even with the ROL package. We asked for a manager and finally got seats. They wanted us to wait until the next show-you'd think they'd have a better handle on the # of packages they sell. Organized chaos is about the best I can say about seating that night!

We had the dining package at Tusker House on Sunday and no popcorn bucket for us either.

We loved the show. We thought that it was the perfect show for that park. We did arrive early and so I watched the sections fill up. The Stand By area was completely filled 30 minutes before the first show began. They started letting the SB in at the same time as we were being seated which was around 8 for a 9:15 show. The FP area at the far end of the section was still pretty empty the last time that I looked around 9 pm. It was filled by showtime. It was a holiday weekend and the opening for Pandora so that may have contributed to the large crowds. There were three shows that night so I'm thinking that everyone was able to see it at some point that night.

We saw it a few weeks ago and LOVED it! Such a beautiful show. The music was great, as well. My son was passed out before the show started so he didn't get a chance to see it but me and my best friend adored it. Highly suggest the dining package for it.

it's better than the Jungle Book show that was before it...

I hope so. anyone who has seen both, please give some details in regards to the visibility of the water projections. we saw the jungle book show and could not see the projections well at all. we had friends that saw the same show on a different night from a different seating angle and they couldn't see them either. just looked like blurry colored messes. not even a little bit as good as the water projected images in fantasmic. are the projected images significantly better in ROL? and does it only look good if you are sitting in the center section?

Yes, But we've learned that there are soo many different people/groups/families that it's virtually impossible to please every single one of em.

Everyone has different tastes....So No matter what any reviews are on any ride or restaurant, we will always give something a try (No matter what ) and decide form there..

[Well, almost anything. There's a certain price point at which we're willing to judge something not worth doing, even before we've technically experienced it.

I mean, I didn't need to rent a tent in MK to know it was a bit overpriced, for example. ]

it's better than the Jungle Book show that was before it...
Oh now that one we enjoyed! but I have a soft spot for the Jungle Book. I'd love to see more JB in WDW!

I was even surprised by how much we enjoyed the live-action remake, because many are just terrible.

So I have read lots of negative reviews, people that were underwhelmed by it. Now I want to hear the positive reviews - people who loved it, enjoyed it etc... Did yoyr children enjoy it etc...
I thought it was great. So did wife and DD (7 years old). No complaints whatsoever.

DH and I liked it, some parts were better than others, but overall it fits in nicely in AK. Probably won't see it most trips but will certainly book the Tiffins package on the days we would eat there anyway.

Are you trying to decide whether or not you should go see it?
Fast Passer-I know you're an expert all thing Disney :) We are traveling with our young kids, and with the change to every day EMH, we want to try to RD Navi. If we do this there is no way our kids will make it to a 9:30 ROL show. We have FOP for 9:20 AM, and even if we wait to enter until then, a ROL 9:30 is late for them. Is it a must see show? Would you try to rework a schedule to include it? Right now we have a dining package with it included, but I'm thinking of dropping that part.

I thought it was a beautiful show and liked it a lot. One of my friends, who I expected not to like it at all, loved it! I think he had some kind of existential commune with nature or something. He though it was an amazing thing to see and we immediately had to go on a quest to find him some ROL merch, ha ha!

Fast Passer-I know you're an expert all thing Disney :) We are traveling with our young kids, and with the change to every day EMH, we want to try to RD Navi. If we do this there is no way our kids will make it to a 9:30 ROL show. We have FOP for 9:20 AM, and even if we wait to enter until then, a ROL 9:30 is late for them. Is it a must see show? Would you try to rework a schedule to include it? Right now we have a dining package with it included, but I'm thinking of dropping that part.
Thank you, but I must whole-heartily disagree with the first sentence. Anyway, that's a long day for anyone, especially the little ones if you don't take a break, and IMO, RoL appeals more to the adult Guest.

I don't think anything at WDW is a must see or do, like all the night time shows, RoL is a should see. It gets some negative reviews, but seeing the overall reaction, not from everyone, immediately after the show many times, it's always generally positive. I enjoy it, and that's saying a lot because I'm so jaded.

I would try to rearrange things but not sacrifice anything you really want to do. RoL will be there for a long time.

I typically love everything Disney. This I did not. I was bored. My husband and daughter liked it. For me, one and done.

I enjoyed it, as did my 8 and 10 year olds. It helps that we were able to walk in about 10-15 minutes prior to showtime and get second row seats, thanks to the earlier rain clearing out the park. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter