• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Else Likes To Pixie Dust Fast Passes?

We've done this too. It's always a nice feeling to be able to spread a bit of magic in the parks. I try to let the kids ask and pass out the FPs to other kids / families near the attraction. People seem to be a little less suspicious when receiving them from the kids, but they still ask, "Are you sure??" and look at us parents for the reassuring nod.

DH called me a dork for standing at the entrance to the backed up Kilimanjaro Safari standby line yelling out "Free FPs for a party of 5!", lol!! ...it didn't work anyways, I had to get into the line and start drilling people if they wanted them, in the end I got a party of 2 and 3 :cool1:

My most suspicious recipient was at Soarin' and I remember having a hard time convincing the family to take them, but in the end they were very gracious :goodvibes

I'm guessing there will be many more opportunities to share the love on my upcoming trip with 12 more FPs than normal, I'm super psyched :yay:

I have done this for a family that lost a single FP, so they didn't want to separate and they decided not to ride it untill, I gave them one that I wasn't going to use!
They were so happy especially the kid!

I always say the guests are responsible for a portion of the magic made at Disney!

I received to pixie dust FP's to Soarin' this weekend from a man and his son, it was such a great surprise!! I ended up in line behind them (his wife and daughter were not able to ride, hence my FP's) while waiting the CM asked me if I was a party of 2 to fill up the rest of the ride. We were still a while back, so I let the man and his son go first instead. The CM was confused and told me "It only needs to be any party of 2" but I figured hey, keep paying it forward right?

We do it all the time!
And it's usually for Toy Story & Soarin.
We will go once, then grab a FP, then DH convinces me not to ride again, :rotfl2:

So we give them away.
We always people watch for a few minutes to give them to whoever it "Feels right". :thumbsup2

Love it! We started doing this on our last trip. I guess I planned so well we didn't end up needing all our FPs lol.

I enjoy picking out the perfect family or group to give them to. Its fun, especially if it saves them an hour in line or something like that.

I agree with whoever posted that the guests help make some magic at WDW!

Keep sharing the FPs!! :goodvibes

I've always wanted to spread the fast pass love!! We have a couple of times, but sometimes it is hard finding a family that fits the fp (ex, we only have 2, or an odd number, or it's for a ride that there's a bigger height restriction)

Nick & I did go up to Star Tours in Sept, fp in hand, and then realized we probably couldn't ride it (him due to motion sickness & myself due to flashey lights) so we handed them off to a british couple who seemed to be kinda shocked that we were being so nice! :laughing:

We received TSM fp from a family on our last trip. Made my daughters day to be able to ride her favorite ride again. So we returned the favor with test track passes later in the trip

we always do this on the way out, its so much better to brighten someone's day than just waste an FP. (The suspicious people are my favorite actually. I'm not scalping tickets, its fine :laughing:.)

I love giving away my extra FP's or childswaps. Sometimes it's difficult to find someone to take them. They look at you and walk away like you are trying to sell something. I love spreading the pixie dust.

This has happened to me at Peter Pan in 2010 and recently a Star Tours child swap in November. I was so happy! I used the PP one, but as for Star Tours, my dad didn't want to ride again because his back hurt afterwards. C-3PO needs to fly better :rolleyes1 I'd love to give out unused FPs, but not at DHS. They become gold there.

love doing this, we had 4 left last year for soarin and gave them to a couple and their 2 kids who were so grateful. it was their last day and hadn't had a chance to ride it.
Need to love Disney for these moments.

We do this all the time. I gave this one family our FPs and I don't know if he was more excited about the FPs or the fact that he now knew you could come back after the time on them. It must be that Disney magic, because I have even given them to sox fans.:confused3

I love to do this. I don't get them just to give away but I do give away any extras at the end of the day. People to tend to look at you a bit strange and my dh gets so frustrated with me because sometimes I like to stand there and look for the perfect group to give them to. The ones who would appreciate it the most. :lovestruc

I also always do this when leaving the parks. I have two small children so we don't stay too late on most nights. Therefore, there are normally always folks heading in when we are leaving. Haven't had too many odd or suspicious looks (yet).

Feels nice to do a favor for another family! :)

I was so excited to be given some Soarin' FPs by a stranger in EPCOT (as I was walking quickly into the Land to grab my own FPs). The next day, we gave away Star Tours FPs to a family at the resort that was boarding the bus to HS when we were returning for the day.

We do this every day during our trips to wdw. We always end up with many fast passes because we stock up in the morning. We also often have to explain to people we are giving them to that, yes, you may use the passes anytime after the return time. I still wonder how many people think we are pulling their leg and just throw them out. Of course the fewer people who know, the easier it is for us to walk on rides during the busy times. :cool1:

We got a FP and then got in line. After DD rode first the, she wasn't enthused. We figured we would try to ride other things while we waited for FP window to open. While we were on ToT, a couple and DS were trying to ride but he JUST missed height. We had played that game at dL the previous year and the boy was so dejected. We decided to offer our FPs to them and they were so touched they asked if we'd take a photo with them. It made my day seeing how the boy's mood was changed from dejected to enthused and since DD would ride ToT all day, we felt like it was the least we could offer someone else.

I love to do this! We look for someone that is about to go to the stand by line and offer them. I love watching a kid's face light up or an adult's:goodvibes It makes people really happy and it's simple:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter