Who do you think is real smart ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Greta Van Susteren

I watch her interview smart people and they give such good answer to hard questions, but in a polite way she will ask a question that breaks down there whole spin.

Anderson Cooper
Rachel Maddow
Joe Scarborough
The late Tim Russert
Brian Williams
Christiane Amanpour

Maury Povich
Montel Williams...

HAHAHAHA I am just kidding

I have to go with everybody's vote for Anderson Cooper. His mom was Gloria Vanderbilt. Not that that has anything to do with his IQ, just something interesting about him.

Also I think Bill Maher is quite intelligent. I don't agree with his politics most of the time but he is witty and quick and knows a lot about current affairs.

Rachael Maddow-I find her scary smart
Jon Stewart-Funny smart
Stephen Corbert-ridiculously funny smart

Anderson Cooper
Jon Stewart
Rachel Maddow
Brian Williams
Hillary Clinton
My high school geometry/chemistry teacher (he came up with a couple formulas/equations)

Gosh, there are so many brilliant people in this country! My list could go on and on. :)

JMHO, most of the people I see listed aren't as smart as they appear. They have extensive budget and research teams making them look good.

JMHO, most of the people I see listed aren't as smart as they appear. They have extensive budget and research teams making them look good.

:laughing: I was thinking the same thing.
The one person I know is very intelligent is my dh. As far as anyone on TV, I can't say one way or the other whether they are really intelligent or just appear to be.

Most of them didn't make it through the colleges they went to and where they are today without being smart. ;)

Most of them didn't make it through the colleges they went to and where they are today without being smart. ;)

Or lucky.

Todays news isnt as much information as entertainment. While a degree takes commitment, and responsibility, the classes are created to help you succeed.

Im not saying theyre dumb, but this thread gave me the impression that the people listed are above the general crowd, and I would disagree with that on most.

EDIT: I could look smarter then I am with their resources as well

Or lucky.

Todays news isnt as much information as entertainment. While a degree takes commitment, and responsibility, the classes are created to help you succeed.

Im not saying theyre dumb, but this thread gave me the impression that the people listed are above the general crowd, and I would disagree with that on most.

That's assuming that everyone's definition of "really smart" is the same. The people you're questioning were smart enough to wind up in a position to HAVE those resources in the first place. Some of it could be dumb luck, but for the most part you aren't going to wind up in Anderson Cooper's position by being stupid.

I would also add Jack Hanna (and others in a similar job/position) to my list.

Or lucky.

Jon Stewart ~ The College of William and Mary
Anderson Cooper ~ Yale
Rachel Maddow ~ Stanford University, Rhodes Scholarship, Doctorate from Oxford University
Brian Williams ~ No college degree
Hillary Clinton~ Wellesley College, Yale Law School
Condoleezza Rice ~ University of Denver, Master's Degree from University of Notre Dame, PhD from University of Denver

Interestingly, none of the people I listed working in broadcast journalism have journalism degrees.

So you can't say journalism degrees got them where they are today.

That's assuming that everyone's definition of "really smart" is the same. The people you're questioning were smart enough to wind up in a position to HAVE those resources in the first place. Some of it could be dumb luck, but for the most part you aren't going to wind up in Anderson Cooper's position by being stupid.

Good decisions have to be made, but is that the sign of keen intellect or an obvious choice, or good looks and popularity?

I mean, heck, if that is the condition of judgment, the Kardashians can be lumped into this......

Im not saying they are dumb, but I dont think they are above the general norms.

Give most people their resources, and they would look that smart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter