• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who As A Rumor Of Free Dining?

Unfortunately i'm losing my hope about free dining :( There are many people making reservations for Aug/Sep and they won't need to offer that again. But if I had the 40% off i would be happy anyway :)

Unfortunately i'm losing my hope about free dining :( There are many people making reservations for Aug/Sep and they won't need to offer that again. But if I had the 40% off i would be happy anyway :)

I agree, the more people keep booking August/September in "hopes" of the free dining promotion, the more our chances keep going down that it won't be offered. Don't folks realize that the only reason this promotion is offered is to fill rooms? If everyone books up a resort (esp. WL) then WL will NOT have the free dining promotion because it will appear that there is no availability at the resort. I continue to wait. I have seen plenty of promotions where certain resorts are excluded because they are at or near capacity (esp. WL/CSR/A-S Movies). :headache:

This is my point - exactly - everyone who booked bounceback seems to have heard this same line. I really think this was a sales pitch (even though the CM said it after the fact). It was to make you feel good that you didn't miss out. Now CM's are telling people to check back because there will be some promotion. BUT WHAT THE HECK IS IT...????? I just can't wait to June to find out!

I agree...this is a SALES TACTIC. It obviously works. August/September is hurricane season...no matter what they offer during that time they still have lower numbers b/c of the heat and the weather. People are freaking out thinking they won't even be able to get a room if they don't BOOK NOW, let alone free dining...sales tactic:rolleyes1

just be patient people...Free Dining was a promotion that worked. It brought a lot of people in...this year they wanted to get advance bookings that they didn't have this time last year b/c the numbers were still not where they wanted them to be. (This is all according to my dear friend who has an IN with the mouse!!! She's a marketing exec with Disney)

I really do believe they will offer free dining once again in April, same as last year.

keep those fingers crossed!!!!

I agree that we should just be patient and not jump the gun. I really do believe they will offer it again and that they offered the Bounceback Program to get even more reservations. I highly doubt that rooms for the Aug/Sep time period are all booked from the Bounceback offer. Don't get me wrong...I am chomping at the bits like everyone else because I want to take my dad for his very first time ever in Sept. However, people who are booking packages right now and will cancel if free dining is not offered are just shooting themselves in the foot. If enough people do that, they won't have to offer a deal.

Great point CampbellScot!!! I really believe too that "free dining" will again be offered. It's just very hard for me to believe that the thousands of rooms on Disney property were booked up by the UK offer and the Bounce Back offer for the almost eight weeks that the "free dining" dates cover. ;)

My fingers are so crossed!!!

Carla

Add me to the list, and I may go in Sept anyway, but promise not to book until April or May at the earliest!!

Please, save me money! DH is grousing about not having free dining and that it may rule out the trip.

I really believe too that "free dining" will again be offered. It's just very hard for me to believe that the thousands of rooms on Disney property were booked up by the UK offer and the Bounce Back offer for the almost eight weeks that the "free dining" dates cover. ;) My fingers are so crossed!!!

Carla[/QUOTE

I agree - We Disers are only a small piece of the Disney pie. We all know about it because we spend time on the boards. Most of the visitors to Disney really are not up on the promotions.

I WAS THERE in NOVEMBER and I saw NOTHING about bounceback! I wasn't in the vacation planning mode and I hadn't read the boards for a few weeks before I left. I TOTALLY MISSED THIS PROMOTION - seriously, I knew they were doing something to get people to plan their next vacation, but I had no clue it was free dining! :scared1: That's what happens when you don't pay attention for two weeks. Most people don't pay attention to the details at all!

So - I think Disers are taking advantage of it, but how many other people took advantage of it. It was a way to get the downpayments for hurricane season sooner. It's basically $ in the bank for Disney.

I sincerely hope there will be free dining. I won't be too disappointed if there isn't. I am sure Disney will offer some other promotion, if it's not dining. It's just that the dining aspect is so fun and getting it free really feels great!

The ironic thing is that since I missed bouncebank, I am even more determined NOT to miss the next promotion. I will be skiing the first week of April and I am worried that I might miss "dining" if it comes out again. I don't think I have internet access on that trip (older condo). But I will definately have my AAA agent on it!!!!!

So, if someone has the postcard and can get the 40% off and books now. Then, if free dining comes out, can one get that on top of already scheduled ressie?

When I talked to a CM today to see if I had a code on my name, I mentioned free dining. He giggled and said they overbooked last year and it probably wouldn't happen again. While this is one CM, I was there last Sept. when they had to open two new buffets to accomadate the crowds. I also heard how many people weren't getting to use their TS credits because they didn't make ADR's. If I remember correctly, they also started offering two CS credits and a pin(or something) for a TS credit. I'm hoping for free dining, but since it's been offered twice already, IMO I'm not counting on it.

So, if someone has the postcard and can get the 40% off and books now. Then, if free dining comes out, can one get that on top of already scheduled ressie?

I have not actually read the email or postcard offers but it is my understanding that they are room only rates.

The dining plan, free or not, can only be used as part of a room/tickets package. It cannot be used in conjunction with a room-only discount. If the free dining promotion were offered, you would have to cancel the room only reservation and rebook a package.

I have not actually read the email or postcard offers but it is my understanding that they are room only rates.

The dining plan, free or not, can only be used as part of a room/tickets package. It cannot be used in conjunction with a room-only discount. If the free dining promotion were offered, you would have to cancel the room only reservation and rebook a package.

Thanks!

So, if I read your message right, does that mean I can't purchase the DP for my stay if I use the coupon?

Thanks!

So, if I read your message right, does that mean I can't purchase the DP for my stay if I use the coupon?

If the offer is for a room only reservation, and not for a room/tickets package, you cannot add the dining plan to your reservation. Only DVC members staying at a DVC resort on points can purchase the dining plan without also purchasing a ticket component.

I agree...this is a SALES TACTIC. It obviously works. August/September is hurricane season...no matter what they offer during that time they still have lower numbers b/c of the heat and the weather.....

just be patient people...Free Dining was a promotion that worked. It brought a lot of people in...this year they wanted to get advance bookings that they didn't have this time last year b/c the numbers were still not where they wanted them to be.
keep those fingers crossed!!!!

I agree with you 100%. I dont know if you all recall how everyone said that the resort and parks would be so crowded and how afraid they were because of the free dining ect. ect. well when i went the resorts were not too crowded (though they seems full) and the parks were GREAT! Min. waits for everything.

Even with the steepest discounts you will never get some people to travel during hurricane season so Disney has to come up with things like free dining to get them there. If you all remember there were other offers not just the free dining. They had they had a huge discount probably something like 40% off; that came out in the summer right after the free dining promotion ended. Even if free dining does not come out there will be a great deal according to my AAA agent. She said they come out with something every quater but that she felt they would offer free dining again. By the way she told me this without me even mentioning anything to her, I just told her the date I wanted to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter